cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage Vanilla Mission ported including Template

ACE_ai.

It's the only AI modification I use (and it's 100% config-based), I think it does a pretty fair job. Plus, that part of ACE is 100% SP save compatible. ;)

I want that too!

I just don't know how I'll do it yet, but I do want players to set up their own camps at some point.

The way I see it, managing your own settlement would be a challenge of its own, coming with proper gameplay/tasks and difficulties.

It's gonna be quite the piece of work though and will require time...

I know it will. Actually, no I don't. :) I can't even fathom the amount of work, not only that you've put already into this bad boy, but the amount it will take to see your vision into fruition.

You have something very special here, Haleks. I hope with all the requests and bug reports you haven't forgotten that. I think this mod has the potential to be one of the most captivating video game survival modes ever made and it's been an honor being with you from the ground floor.

So much so that I don't even follow DayZ standalone news anymore. I don't feel like I really need to. I have Ravage now.

I can't wait to see what 2016 brings.

Thanks for checking in, Haleks.

• Like 1

I would like to see an actual food crate and Maybe a water container of some type with some predefined vital items. That way a mission maker could guarantee those items are available after say clearing a bandit camp...

Glad it runs ok. I will bump up the vital items slightly in the next version.

I would like to see an actual food crate and Maybe a water container of some type with some predefined vital items. That way a mission maker could guarantee those items are available after say clearing a bandit camp...

Glad it runs ok. I will bump up the vital items slightly in the next version.

Don't do it on my behalf. As you all should know by now, I'm not particularly good at this game. :)

But by all means, if you're feeling the same way, I'd welcome some more vital items. Especially if natural water isn't on Esseker anywhere.

Don't do it on my behalf. As you all should know by now, I'm not particularly good at this game. :)

But by all means, if you're feeling the same way, I'd welcome some more vital items. Especially if natural water isn't on Esseker anywhere.

I think every map will require different settings but if I group maps by number of buildings that spawn loot it should be fairly easy to create a baseline

I want that too!

I just don't know how I'll do it yet, but I do want players to set up their own camps at some point.

The way I see it, managing your own settlement would be a challenge of its own, coming with proper gameplay/tasks and difficulties.

It's gonna be quite the piece of work though and will require time...

When EPOCH first came out, that is kinda what i was hoping.  A balance of EPOCH and something like this MOD.  In order to make it worth while, there would need to be a way for bandits to destroy and raid the base.  Both while near it and not!  I think that would make it great.

Another crazy idea i was having was integrating something similar to Pilgrimage.  Where you have to find a family member for example.  IDk still trying to think of ideas to share with the MOD owner...or mission creators....

Namalsk zombie edtion link in post 2.

Zombie Edition only for now.

If you really really need a no zeds edition post here.

Loot spawn upped, and a few water barrels placed around bandit camps.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Mod Requirements for Ravage Missions

-Ravage silly

-and Ravage Requires CBA

-And I require you have Enhanced Movement.

so i downloaded esseker and it says i cannot play/edit this mission. it has content that has been deleted. i have all the requirements to run it and ive put the files into the mission.pbo file and the esseker mission folder into missions. any help?

so i downloaded esseker and it says i cannot play/edit this mission. it has content that has been deleted. i have all the requirements to run it and ive put the files into the mission.pbo file and the esseker mission folder into missions. any help?

Esseker should not go in your mission folder. It should go in your root folder where all your other mods (@folders) are.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread you.

Odd you can't get this to run.

Have you tried just placing the PBO into your missions folder and launching the mission under Scenarios? Obviously you still need the Ravage mod requirements and Esseker and AiA too.

You can't edit it this way but you can at least play it.

You have All In Arma Terrain Pack, Esseker, and Ravage. Aside from that the only thing in the mission.sqm is A3 stuff. 

The pbo should be in the steamlibrary\steamapps\common\Arma3\missions root folder missions, and the folder version goes in the document\arma3\missions location for the editor. 

Other than that I'm not too sure... seems odd.

Not to sure... You have All In Arma Terrain Pack, Esseker, and Ravage. Aside from that the only thing in the mission.sqm is A3 stuff. 

The pbo should be in the Arma root folder missions, and the folder version goes in the document\arma location. 

Other than that I'm not too sure... seems odd.

ill try this then if that doesnt work ill try heroes tip.

Crosspost from main Ravage thread:

If anyone feels like getting their snow on, the master Von Quest updated Spookwarcom today including a random chance of snow function in his C.O.R.E. module.

Just me, C.O.R.E. and Chernerus Winter in the Editor right now and so far it's nice. And really easy to apply. I think this could play nicely with the Ravage modules.

I would categorize it as a "light" snow, and I'm not sure if it ever increases to crazy intensity (I will pester him, trust me :) ), but for how easy it is to install, it's a no brainier.

Check it out: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176453-spookwarcom-darker-immersion-spec-ops-gameplay/

I played Namalsk with Monkeys blizzard script and it was awesome

I can throw up a version of that if you like.

Esseker should not go in your mission folder. It should go in your root folder where all your other mods (@folders) are.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread you.

Odd you can't get this to run.

Have you tried just placing the PBO into your missions folder and launching the mission under Scenarios? Obviously you still need the Ravage mod requirements and Esseker and AiA too.

You can't edit it this way but you can at least play it.

yes. so just the pbo. no folder?

Edit: tried that didnt work. not sure why. let me try the other way.

2nd edit: nope. i just cannot freaking play esseker.

Where did u download esseker from

When it says it's missing content... what is the full msg?

yes. so just the pbo. no folder?

Edit: tried that didnt work. not sure why. let me try the other way.

2nd edit: nope. i just cannot freaking play esseker.

Initiate all the mods in your launcher. This includes Ravage, CBA, Esseker, AiA, whatever you choose.

Make sure the PBO is placed in your steam/Steamapps/common/ARMA3/Missions folder

Launch the game. Click scenarios. You should see Ravage Esseker.

Initiate all the mods in your launcher. This includes Ravage, CBA, Esseker, AiA, whatever you choose.

Make sure the PBO is placed in your steam/Steamapps/common/ARMA3/Missions folder

Launch the game. Click scenarios. You should see Ravage Esseker.

i did that. it just keeps saying you cannot play/edit this mission. it is dependant on content that has been deleted.esseker

i did that. it just keeps saying you cannot play/edit this mission. it is dependant on content that has been deleted.esseker

If that's the message the issue is with esseker itself... I had to get it from steam. Alternatively you can try namalsk. It's in post 2 as well

If that's the message the issue is with esseker itself... I had to get it from steam. Alternatively you can try namalsk. It's in post 2 as well

yeah ill just give namalsk a try.

edit: well namalsk started but uhm i spawned out in the middle of the ocean and as soon as i hit land i die. fix?

yeah ill just give namalsk a try.

edit: well namalsk started but uhm i spawned out in the middle of the ocean and as soon as i hit land i die. fix?

I just tested both the pbo and the editor file. I spawned on land every time. I have no idea why neither would be working for you right now.

Heros is going to test the Namalsk version later to make sure it works  for him. 

I just tested both the pbo and the editor file. I spawned on land every time. I have no idea why neither would be working for you right now.

Heros is going to test the Namalsk version later to make sure it works  for him. 

who knows. i managed to downgrade ravage to v132. i think its v1.331 that is the issue. i got cherno to work. now to try namalsk.

edit: yup. even after downgrading namalsk i still spawn out in the middle of the ocean. not sure why.

I'll definitely look into it.

I don't think I actually have Namalsk. Or do I? Does it come packed with AiA? If not, could you link the map for me (just to make sure we're all testing the same version).

Is there any chance of a takistan map? i havent played a middle east map in a long time. or maybe Sahrani? please?

Is there any chance of a takistan map? i havent played a middle east map in a long time. or maybe Sahrani? please?

Have you heard of the Gunkilzi map? I'm working on a version now where i am treating it similar to pilgrimage where you have to find your lost brother after the eastern map of Gunkilzi was affected by chemical warfare.  You brother is all alone and you are at his rescue.  He will be found by purple smoke somewhere on the map.  What you guys think?  Trying to look for radio sound affects that it will change as you get closer....

Open to ideas...