cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage Vanilla Mission ported including Template

Alright,

Haleks has given permission to port the Vanilla ravage Mission over to other maps for those who would like it and I will provide the template I use as well.

At this point it will be straight vanilla ports with simple scripts added if it makes sense.

I think of ETG crash & drop when I say that.

I most likely will do a non zed version of those for those who prefer that and if need be provide those to rosoftkz for Roads if he wishes to port that to other maps as well.

Roads is here  --- > https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186118-sp-roads-for-ravage

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outline

The general plan is for you guys to pick a map 

then

We need to agree on default setting in the modules

then 

I will port it over and we will then test it to see if those settings are good

if 

they are not, I will tweak it and we can retest it until we can come to some type of democratic decision on what a standard can be

and

I will port the future mission with those settings.

This should speed it up as time goes on. I will provide the mission folder for the editor and a pbo that will be immediately playable.

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How you can help

- Post some settings preferences and politely discuss

- Suggest some scripts that can legitimately be used that make sense for ravage

-Test the ported missions to see how many things I messed up

- Have fun and don't be all downers... 

- Get your Relentless Creator Achievement, the editor is your friend, your frustrating annoying friend who you learn you don't want to live without... don't be scared 

- Send Haleks, BadBenson, or your favorite mod author beer money... lol....  :cheers:

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff

This will fall under whatever Licence Haleks has chosen for Ravage.

Ravage Thread here  ---> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/

All Credit goes to Haleks and if other scripts are used credits will be in the missions readme.

I won't be doing configs for weapons... rosoftkz has a fairly simple system that should be fairly easy to get your mod of choice in the lootlists. He or I can link that later here.

Thanks to BI, the community as a whole... And all the mod authors making this game so interesting... 

Well... Cheers... Carry on...

• Like 3

Template Instruction Video

Link to Template

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrq8yklt6s3q57r/RavageTemplate.Stratis.zip?dl=0

Mod Requirements for Ravage Missions

-Ravage silly

-and Ravage Requires CBA

-And I require you have Enhanced Movement.

Ported Missions

--Esseker

This is a quick version of Esseker with some added camps. One of the mil bases has an ammo box but I set it to a chance probability of spawn and haven't seen it yet. 

I realized I had it in Dropbox so a lot of the placement was already done. I also found Namalsk and Ural so those may be easily portable as well.

This is mainly for testing purposes and feedback on module settings.

There may  be a few issues and I will attempt to address them if possible. Framerate is a question... i was hovering around 40-60 most of the time... 

Im still getting rain even tho I set weather to off and it to clear skies... this is for testing purposes to see how far we can push the ambient zeds and bandits before it gets scaled back if need be...

It is also set to walkers only... those pesky Bolters still snuck in...

Esseker - Zombie Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kxnr8var9713vr/RavageE.zip?dl=0

Esseker - None of those darn Zombies Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/249h5ujeka2k6w8/RavageEnoZed.zip?dl=0

I need to know how sparse the action is with no zeds..

--Namalsk

Namalsk - Zombie Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2np2ca918tzbpnz/RavageNamlskZombies.zip?dl=0

Zombie Edition only to start.

Quick preview of what Namalsk looks like

--Takistan

Takistan V0.1 - Zombie Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccgyo929vu945a8/RavageTakistan%20Zombie%20Edition.zip?dl=0

--Lingor

Lingor V0.1 - Zombie Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6f3wwh0ey4q3bm/RavageLingor.zip?dl=0

--Panthera

PantheraV0.2 - More Zombies Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp71i4p9zxc8f4k/RavagePantheraV02.zip?dl=0

--Isla Duala

Isla DualaV0.2 - More Zombies Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0z69kt081xmdc5/RavageDualaV0.2.zip?dl=0

--BornHolm

BornHolmV0.1 - More Zombies Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtsx8c6s5ct1z6q/RavageBornholm0.1.zip?dl=0

--Napf A3

Napf v0.1 - Zombie Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75dyx180fbj971w/RavageNapf.zip?dl=0

//----------------------------------------------------//

GigaS - Ravage Extended Edition - Altis

Here's a quick edited version of the demo from Ravage (Altis).

My version offers the following:

-More AI Camps through map (more in base zones) Each mission load could change.
-Disabled Radiation zones by default (but can be enabled via 0-0-4)
-Disabled Dynamic weather only because i recommend using This Addon! Thanks @tortuosit (can be enabled again in menus 0-0-X)
-Menu 0-0-X allows script to allow auto doors to open...no more having to open each door!
-Additional Loot spawn in world items (like trash, toilets, buckets, baskets, etc...) You will see a menu popup when you get close enough if the object offers to search it. (WIP)
-Bases may offer more vehicles
-GPS in your car! No map? No problem, get in your cart and GPS is enabled. (WIP, hope to edit to allow it in all cars)
-Hunting Zones!! Some zones on map offer more animals for hunting.
-Mission start limited gear (M14 + Handgun) + Car
-Added support for HLC weapons per earlier posts

Altis Version

Download:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/slj6w0258g22yhc/Ravage_JCEdit.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Hey all -

New releases of my earlier version.

Changes/Updates:

-Added port for Gunkizli (Testing further as water supply doesnt work, and loot may show too often)
-Changed GPS script so that when in any vehicle type, GPS is now enabled even if you don't find a map yet.
-Improved custom world loot spawn [Trash, toilets, Baskets, etc..] (Altis only for now)
-Mission task with sounds (you are to find your lost brother in this mess. Radio signals are used to know when you're getting closer. Read mission briefing for more details)
-Mission briefing notes added
-Additional cars/heli chances around map (low chance however)
-Gear Loadout fix for those who don't own DLC (I put a DLC check in place so if you don't own DLC, you will spawn with different gear)

Have fun.

Altis Version

Altis

Gunkizli Version

Gunkizli

• Like 3

Current Ideas

-Monkeys Blizzard and Sandstorm Scripts

-ETG Crash drop

-Map - Jade Groove by  Icebreakr, if permissable

Ideas for Haleks

-Tortusit -

Maybe a medicine would be nice, which can be found... which would make zombies not interested in attacking you for limited time (10 minutes plus minus some randomness...?). Lore could be, you emit a friendly smell or something. So this way we don't always have to deal with pesky zedz.

Cosmic, you're awesome.

I'm voting for the first map being something sort of DayZ-ish (yeah, I know I know). Something with a good amount of enterable buildings and camps for bandits/friendlies, and with a European/lush feel.

My initial suggestion would be Esseker but I think you suggested some similar maps that would be better for Ravage.

As much as I'd like to eventually have a winter map (etc), the feel Esseker has is nice if you think it could work. Chernerus would be good, but not enough doors that open. Pretty sure Bornholm is the same.

You mentioned Namalsk? Never tried that map. I should definitely check it out.

Thanks for the thread.

• Like 1

Oh. I'm also voting for something like Esseker, but also without (or at least an option to disable) the color filter.

I can't play without the purple on Altis but maps like Esseker are very pretty on their own. They need no purpling. :)

I'd like to see the color filter disabled on the first map. Or like I said, maybe a toggle?

Oh. I'm also voting for something like Esseker, but also without (or at least an option to disable) the color filter.

I can't play without the purple on Altis but maps like Esseker are very pretty on their own. They need no purpling. :)

I'd like to see the color filter disabled on the first map. Or like I said, maybe a toggle?

thats in there under radio commands... im pretty sure you want 0-0 then you will see options... hit that and color filter is an option and you can toggle it... that is a vanilla ravage function and should be available... let me know

i did a quick test of the save and that worked for me too

and you did see post 2 right... ;)

Whoops. I see you already posted Esseker! Nice! Hope to try it tomorrow!

Could you make the post with the mission links a little more clear? I suggest a format where you type what it is before the link itself. Since we may have several here (zed's/no zeds's/different maps/etc) soon, it'll keep this more organized.

For example...

Esseker Zombies: Link here

Esseker No Zombies: Link here

Or something. :)

Also, I guess any mod requirements would be nice too.

Hi Cosmic,

My vote would be for a Jade Groove version.  ;)

Been having a ton of fun using the Ravage modules on this masterpiece, and Sigma-6 Birds and Bees mod is right at home here...... 

My preference would be pure vanilla Ravage port with the addition of maybe some generated bandit camps.

The maps not really big enough to support a believable Heli drop script.

Buildings are sparse, so surviving would mostly come down to Bandit engagement.   

• Like 1

Whoops. I see you already posted Esseker! Nice! Hope to try it tomorrow!

Could you make the post with the mission links a little more clear? I suggest a format where you type what it is before the link itself. Since we may have several here (zed's/no zeds's/different maps/etc) soon, it'll keep this more organized.

For example...

Esseker Zombies: Link here

Esseker No Zombies: Link here

Or something. :)

Also, I guess any mod requirements would be nice too.

you are right...post updated... let me know if thats better

have a look... im interested in how it plays with loot spawn, zed spawn, and bandit spawn as well as loot ratios, too much... too little etc

My vote would be for a Jade Groove version.   ;)

Interesting... I'll have a look

Should have said this in my first post.........

Cosmic, you are a Star for taking on this little Ravage side-op........Kudos to you my friend.  ;)

I'm no scripter, but i have thrown out a mission or two in the past.....so, if there's anything i can do to help drop me a PM.   

• Like 1

Im still getting rain even tho I set weather to off and it to clear skies... this is for testing purposes to see how far we can push the ambient zeds and bandits before it gets scaled back if need be...

It is also set to walkers only... those pesky Bolters still snuck in...

That would be a script in intro.sqf : I usually define random weather there at mission start.

I'll take a look at those bolters! ;)

• Like 1

Should have said this in my first post.........

Cosmic, you are a Star for taking on this little Ravage side-op........Kudos to you my friend.  ;)

I'm no scripter, but i have thrown out a mission or two in the past.....so, if there's anything i can do to help drop me a PM.   

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll let you know... Monkey is doing a Sandstorm script as well which would be very cool

His Blizzard script was used in the Namalsk Video in post 2 I believe.

That would be a script in intro.sqf : I usually define random weather there at mission start.

I'll take a look at those bolters! ;)

You are correct Sir! Thanks... missed that one... will be adjusted for next version. Hopefully a few of the guys get a chance to have a look and see if the bolters show up there as well... I did set crawlers to 0 in the module on that one

Edit.... Very Interesting EO, how is the loot spawn on the map... I feel like everything needs to be at 100% so the few buildings you do see have something...

But very Mad Max, Will have a port done on that fairly soon... Pro Tip - Find new and interesting maps and the ports will come faster lol ;). Don't know how I missed it... Have to check with Icebreakr tho. He is pretty easy going about it but want to make sure. 

PARK THE MARSHALL... i WANNA TRY SOMETHING!!!

2015-12-11_00002_zpsmfje3k5w.jpg

2015-12-11_00001_zps67lwv4j4.jpg

• Like 2

...and it's the first things I remove from the init.sqf :) (Weather and Music script call, because I'm doing it myself...)...

Maybe you can add some color presets, a blueish one would be nice as well. And not as extreme as in Haleks mission. Not sure if color pp should be on mod side, not mission side...

You mentioned Namalsk? Never tried that map. I should definitely check it out.

Namalsk is fantastic, but small.

Namalsk is fantastic, but small.

It is ... it has such a great atmosphere tho... with the blizzard script and the creepy music from the map... wow

...and it's the first things I remove from the init.sqf :) (Weather and Music script call, because I'm doing it myself...)...

Maybe you can add some color presets, a blueish one would be nice as well. And not as extreme as in Haleks mission. Not sure if color pp should be on mod side, not mission side...

Thought I had got it... didnt think it was in the other sqf lol. 

if you can find some good PP OR use greenfists editor to make a few I could throw them in under radio commands. Buutttt you are using Real Light by Solano right, did you try his Ravage LUT?

I'll be testing Esseker here tonight (if all goes according to plan). Cosmic, anything in particular you want me to look for?

I'm assuming this will be as close to vanilla Ravage as possible, including runners and such, with the only adjustment being no ambient weather?

This is a PBO with no editor magic needed on my end I take it? I want to play this the way you invisioned it.

I'll be testing Esseker here tonight (if all goes according to plan). Cosmic, anything in particular you want me to look for?

I'm assuming this will be as close to vanilla Ravage as possible, including runners and such, with the only adjustment being no ambient weather?

I missed rain so it will still randomly occur.

It is set to walkers only for now.

If I have to I can have a walkers only and a walkers and runners versions but it could get a little ridiculous on all the diff versions...

Ideally anyone can take the editor version and play around with it, not only to test settings but to learn the editor etc

Basically we are looking for

1) does it play like vanilla Ravage

2) How are the module settings in relation to the map, too much/little loot, zed spawns etc

3) Having fun

As for the zombies... I don't need to have them. BUT their advantage is, they engage with bandits and eventually kill them (good loot for me). Also, there is something going on then.

Maybe a medicine would be nice, which can be found... which would make zombies not interested in attacking you for limited time (10 minutes plus minus some randomness...?). Lore could be, you emit a friendly smell or something. So this way we don't always have to deal with pesky zedz.

No in case of ArmA I am not really interested in 3rd party pp injectors, because I don't want this in other missions... I think its better to have pp in the survival missions.

I prefer many clouds but spare rain (and max rain 0.5). I'm currently playing with overcast between 0.65 and 1, and rain only behind overcast 0.9 threshold, on Esseker that is.

I think we should probably get some clarification about what this thread is in the OP, Cosmic. My impression is that this is for maintaining an authentic Vanilla Altis Ravage experience, but on different maps, right? I'm assuming this is what you're doing for but if you don't make it explicitly clear, expect a lot of requests like the one above (which I get why he's asking. It wasn't stated otherwise).

The adjustments needed just to the loot/enemy values alone for new maps is probably a large undertaking in itself. Let alone trying to fulfill requests for "new" features that aren't even in Ravage to begin with.

I'm assuming since you mentioned above, atmospheric addon suggestions are welcome (because it doesn't really change this mission. It adds atmosphere to compliment the specific map. Which is why Altis is purple. LOL!). But you're not looking for us to ask you to script or add new things, correct?

EDIT: I SEE YOU DID clarify this in the OP. My bad! :(

@Cosmic

Yes, loot spawn on Jade Groove is VERY limited due to lack of buildings, I have the loot settings cranked up to 100%,  but as I said earlier gear can be harvested from Bandit engagement....always good fun. 

As for the zombies... I don't need to have them. BUT their advantage is, they engage with bandits and eventually kill them (good loot for me). Also, there is something going on then.

No in case of ArmA I am not really interested in 3rd party pp injectors, because I don't want this in other missions... I think its better to have pp in the survival missions.

I prefer many clouds but spare rain (and max rain 0.5). I'm currently playing with overcast between 0.65 and 1, and rain only behind overcast 0.9 threshold, on Esseker that is.

While I would normally agree, what Solano has done is nothing short of remarkable and has made every map look better for me using the rich LUT... in some cases StTosin and I have been on TS asking for sure if we are both playing Arma

I will add the medicine idea to the 3rd post, the real intention would be to help collate some Ideas for Haleks as I don't have the intention of adding features. Its Haleks baby and I would like to see where it goes....

A good idea though... maybe  a "cover myself in Zombie Guts" action like Walking Dead LOL

I think we should probably get some clarification about what this thread is in the OP, Cosmic. My impression is that this is for maintaining an authentic Vanilla Altis Ravage experience, but on different maps, right? I'm assuming this is what you're doing for but if you don't make it explicitly clear, expect a lot of requests like the one above (which I get why he's asking. It wasn't stated otherwise).

The adjustments needed just to the loot/enemy values alone for new maps is probably a large undertaking in itself. Let alone trying to fulfill requests for "new" features that aren't even in Ravage to begin with.

I'm assuming since you mentioned above, atmospheric addon suggestions are welcome (because it doesn't really change this mission. It adds atmosphere to compliment the specific map. Which is why Altis is purple. LOL!). But you're not looking for us to ask you to script or add new things, correct?

EDIT: I SEE YOU DID clarify this in the OP. My bad! :(

I did... At this point it is only Vanilla ports. I was talking to GigaS on steam and I feel like his missions could likely fit more of the wants in the long run ;)

@Cosmic

Yes, loot spawn on Jade Groove is VERY limited due to lack of buildings, I have the loot settings cranked up to 100%,  but as I said earlier gear can be harvested from Bandit engagement....always good fun. 

I could tell... maybe some of the garbage and wrecks could have Loot at some point as Haleks develops the framework

Just a neat thing that happened with EM

Added the link to GigaS Extended Edition in the 2nd post. Will link his missions there.

Added Ideas for Haleks to 3rd Post - to keep them easy for him to find.

• Like 2

I can't seem to gut rabbits even though I have a gutting knife. This is assuming I actually know how to do this correctly.

I'm playing on Esseker. Once I kill a rabbit I'm supposed to just stand near it and double click on the knife in the inventory, right? Nothing else?

Updated changelog :

Tweaked :
Re-wrote hunting system : double-click on a knife from your inventory to gut a nearby animal.

Fixed :
Player unable to gather fuel from most fuel pumps.
Groaning sounds when injured weren't disabled for all voice profiles.
[RHS] Fixed an error in the weapons loot list.

New :
Fuel sources hold a limited amount of fuel and can be depleted.
Added suport for Sigma6's Birds & Bees.

Pretty sure that isn't out until the 1.34 update, the only people who can do it are those using tpw because the way tpw is spawning animals is picking up the EventHandler

• Like 1

So I put in 3 full sessions into the Esseker (with zombies) version, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Initially I was worried about the balancing with it being walkers only, but at least for me, it feels like its balanced very well out the gate. At least in the early stages.

Even with it just being walkers, on several occasions I got overwhelmed with those undead bastards. I'm talking TONS of them slowly making their way at me. Chomping me occasionally and presenting a really big danger in closed quarters and especially when my health was low.

It doesn't need runners at all. Not at least as far in as I was able to take things.

The bandits on this map are brutal. Maybe too much so but I'll hold out judgment on that. Those bastards really like to blend in with the grass. I kind of wish I could turn down their shooting accuracy (seriously, I got two shot killed from about 500 meters when I tried to snipe one from the top of a hill), but on the other hand, I LOVE how they present so much of an immanent danger, that I really need to scope out the terrain, plan my flank routes, and even decide to not engage if the opportunity to do it safely doesn't arise.

Regarding the map itself, I have to wonder if it has enough natural water (does it have any streams or lakes?) for us to ever be able to drink anything. This could be a problem because in my three runs, I never found anything to drink. But I can't say I ever lived long enough to say for sure so take that with a grain of salt right now.

I decided to launch the mission with JBAD Buildings but I really don't know enough about the mod to know if it organically adds enterable buildings. With that in mind, I think the amount of opening doors is quite good! I was very impressed by that.

I only ever found theee vehicles. Two of them construction big-rigs which would have required an un-godly amount of toolkits to fully repair. So that's worth pointing out. But on one of my runs I found a pickup with a gun attached so it would have been cool to have a kit on me at that time! :)

I guess I never really noticed but I saw a lot of bandits shooting other bandits. I've actually never encountered a friendly person before so I wonder if those were them? Not really sure what a friendly looks or acts like but it was pretty neat having that ambient battle going on.

In the food department, I never found any either. But I did find a gutting knife and plenty of rabbits on my journey. Food probably won't be an issue once Haleks fixes that.

So yeah, I'm really liking Ravage Esseker. Like I said, I feel like water could be a problem and I really need to find a way to enable ASR_AI again just to give me a chance to actually have a fair battle with enemy groups.

Playing this mission is giving me some ideas for where I hope Ravage as a whole will go. I think the priority has to be a way to give the player character some sense of home. I can't say exactly how I'd like to see that implemented (whether that be through base-building, recruiting friendlies, cutscenes, ambient voice or text talking, etc), but to really take this to the next level, there has to be more here than just walking around and surviving. There has to be a point in carrying on once our needs are temporarily met.

Even if it's just a shack for us to keep out gear in at the beginning.

Anyway, LOVING this port so far. Thanks Cosmic. I'll have more on it in the near future as I keep plucking away at it.

• Like 2

The bandits on this map are brutal. Maybe too much so but I'll hold out judgment on that. Those bastards really like to blend in with the grass. I kind of wish I could turn down their shooting accuracy

ACE_ai.

It's the only AI modification I use (and it's 100% config-based), I think it does a pretty fair job. Plus, that part of ACE is 100% SP save compatible. ;)

Playing this mission is giving me some ideas for where I hope Ravage as a whole will go. I think the priority has to be a way to give the player character some sense of home. I can't say exactly how I'd like to see that implemented (whether that be through base-building, recruiting friendlies, cutscenes, ambient voice or text talking, etc), but to really take this to the next level, there has to be more here than just walking around and surviving. There has to be a point in carrying on once our needs are temporarily met.

Even if it's just a shack for us to keep out gear in at the beginning.

I want that too!

I just don't know how I'll do it yet, but I do want players to set up their own camps at some point.

The way I see it, managing your own settlement would be a challenge of its own, coming with proper gameplay/tasks and difficulties.

It's gonna be quite the piece of work though and will require time...

• Like 3