Sigma-6

The Birds and the Bees! Mopars from Sigma-6

I haven't released anything in many years (however, in the meantime I did work as a developer/instructor on VBS2), so here is my first complete ArmA III addon. Enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572203891

Please take note of the video contest described in the Workshop description. :)

Changes; if you have version 0.9, the 0.91 version should fix any error messages, like the nonconvexities and the texture assignments. Best way to keep up to date is to subscribe to the Steam Workshop, since I'll be updating it regularly.

0.92 now fixes overwritten car base classes.

• Like 18

OMG this is sexy as hell!!!   Thanks for releasing it!  (Go Habs)

Have you considered releasing it on Armaholic as well?

• Like 1

I'll certainly consider it if they contact me. My account over there seems to be a bit messed up. It has been a few years after all.

Welcome back Sigma-6, i've never forgotten your addons mate! ;)

• Like 3

Amazing mod, thank you! :) Makes you wonder where automobile industry took a wrong turn. :D

BTW I have stumbled upon couple of errors - 1969 Plymouth Road Runner looks strange (wrong lighting/shadows) and generates following errors:

16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_nohq.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmicln_smdi.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_nohq.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmicln_smdi.paa.
16:05:54 Strange convex component23 in roadrunner2\sig_hcode.p3d:geometryFire
16:05:54 Strange convex component25 in roadrunner2\sig_hcode.p3d:geometryFire
16:05:54 Strange convex component29 in roadrunner2\sig_hcode.p3d:geometryFire
16:05:54 Strange convex component31 in roadrunner2\sig_hcode.p3d:geometryFire
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_smdi.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmimg_nohq.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_smdi.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmimg_nohq.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmimg_smdi.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmiclnmg_smdi.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\ypres_nohq.paa.
16:05:54 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\ypres_smdi.paa.
16:05:00 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_nohq.paa.
16:05:00 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmicln_smdi.paa.
16:05:00 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\ypres_nohq.paa.
16:05:00 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\ypres_smdi.paa.
16:05:00 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_nohq.paa.
16:05:00 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmicln_smdi.paa.
16:05:01 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_nohq.paa.
16:05:01 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmicln_smdi.paa.
16:05:01 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\ypres_nohq.paa.
16:05:01 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\ypres_smdi.paa.
16:05:01 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmi_nohq.paa.
16:05:01 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\roadrunner2\effects\rnr69hmicln_smdi.paa.

1977 Plymouth Fury apparently has low-poly dashboard (without gauges at all) and also generates some errors:

16:03:25 Strange convex component23 in 77furycop\77furycop.p3d:geometryFire
16:03:25 Strange convex component25 in 77furycop\77furycop.p3d:geometryFire
16:03:25 Strange convex component29 in 77furycop\77furycop.p3d:geometryFire
16:03:25 Strange convex component31 in 77furycop\77furycop.p3d:geometryFire

Tested without any other mods with both Armaholic and Workshop versions. Hope that helps. :)

Hi Sigma-6,

Just had a blast around with these bad boys.....totally awesome and they all have a nice snarl and grunt to them. ;)

Your original and totally beautiful vehicle pack from A1, was then ported to A2, is it something we could see in A3 some day..........

Nice to see an old addon maker return - i remember using your tank pack back in OFP days :)

• Like 1

this is awesome!

a few things and suggestions.

i also have the missing texture error. no biggie though. just a local path still in there wtih P:\. only on the roadrunner as far as i can tell.

also not a big fan of the sounds. they kinda don't match the model quality. not sure what it is exactly might be a config issue. sounds kind of overdriven and like this kind of overlap effect that almost sounds like reverb. hard to explain.

and a small suggestion for the police car, which btw i'm totally in love with: working police lights would be just awesome. just an idea.

overall great addon though. keep it up!

• Like 1

this is awesome!

a few things and suggestions.

i also have the missing texture error. no biggie though. just a local path still in there wtih P:\. only on the roadrunner as far as i can tell.

also not a big fan of the sounds. they kinda don't match the model quality. not sure what it is exactly might be a config issue. sounds kind of overdriven and like this kind of overlap effect that almost sounds like reverb. hard to explain.

and a small suggestion for the police car, which btw i'm totally in love with: working police lights would be just awesome. just an idea.

overall great addon though. keep it up!

Yeah. I went over it with a fine-toothed comb, but I guess a few of those texture assignments got away from me. I'll fix those.

The sound 'problem' isn't a config error, and the transition you are hearing is a consequence of the way ArmA III does engine sounds. I couldn't find appropriate engine sounds, so I jammed these together in Audition with what I had. The only way to improve this would be for me to find\record\have sent to me a set of extended wav recordings of these engines running at 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 rpm, or some reasonable good-sounding kludge. Not the highest priority, but it'd be nice to have.

1977 Plymouth Fury apparently has low-poly dashboard (without gauges at all) and also generates some errors:

As for the police car, it's *not* in any way on the priority list for either lights or interior. It's a prop. Think of it like the thousand cop cars in Blues Brothers. They were all rudimentarily dressed by the studio, and I'd be amazed if any of them had proper interiors or working much of anything except maybe restraints in the case of stunt cars, or engines that could get them to drive and pile on top of each other. It's there so people can do chases and make videos. Nothing more.

There, 0.91 should fix the texture assignments and the nonconvexities. :)

wow. they give me hardons. btw where are you from in montreal? 

I live on Sherbrooke, downtown. :)

I live on Sherbrooke, downtown. :)

Dang, and canadian too. lol. Downloadin... Cheers from the Wet Coast!!

• Like 1

New mod v0.9.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Sigma-6 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

@sigma6 : Could we have an alternative download link for 09.1?

I don't use Steam or PW6. :/

EDIT : Ah, nevermind, I just saw it's updated on Armaholic. ;)

This pic makes me want a post apocalyptic version with a spiked snowplow front and some spikes on the hood and roof... you know... mad max style

2015-12-10_00001_zps56klwczo.jpg

• Like 1

I'm considering making major changes to this pack based on its level of success. If it does well, I may make more cars, with entirely new models (none of these are entirely new models). Of course, for me, it's Mopar or no car, but there's a lot that can be done in that vein. At the moment I'm building a model of a HEMI Hellcat motor (707HP) http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/hellcat.html to put in a variant of the Super Bee to be made for whoever makes me a brilliant car chase video with this release. It'll have its own new tranny and exhaust, etc. Possibly new suspension. I want to do another two configurations for other video creators, but again, that depends on the response...   ;)

• Like 5