quantti

Weapon sway in the Nexus update is ridiculously unrealistic

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think real life soldiers can handle weapons better than in Arma 3?

• No, they are all sissies without arm strenght nor control despite months or years of training
    • Ofcourse, even I can control the sway of assault rifle better than the fat conscripts in Arma 3
    • I've never shot with an assault rifle

With current hotfix all weapons are back to usable state for the the range and situations one would exspect in combat. Only Binoculars, Laser Designator and guided Missile Launchers stay a bit problematic but are at least managable now, given enough time to come to a rest.

The hotfix saved the game for now

• Like 1

With current hotfix all weapons are back to usable state for the the range and situations one would exspect in combat. Only Binoculars, Laser Designator and guided Missile Launchers stay a bit problematic but are at least managake now, given enough time to come to a rest.

The hotfix saved the game for now

Agreed. If I'm honest, I'd like the "recovery from sprinting" to be a tiny bit quicker, but it's close enough for me to stop using addons and mission scripts to remove this feature altogether.

The 1.55 dev build seems to have addressed part of this, firing a Navid prone with a bipod, there was barely any movement at all with a 50 round burst. I am impressed. If BI can improve the game like this, then this will be better overall. Just hope that the expansion brings more weapons to the game.

Actually, the solution we have provided for the hotfix is meant to be an interim solution - we are still evaluating proper system and settings. It may end to be the same as the current one, but the top men are on the case :icon_twisted:

And just to make it clear, the sway is based on weapon, we have just tweaked the general values for sway. It is much easier to see the difference without holding breath as doing so stabilizes Your weapon.

Thanks to the devs for hearing us and managing to find a solution. This is much appreciated and it is a proof of dedication and professionalism.

Good job so far guys ;-)

Cheers

Have to love the loaded ass answer choices in the poll that make it effectively useless for the devs to gain meaningful feedback.

"When did you stop beating your wife?"

• Like 1

As an "Ex soldier" I can with 100% confidence advise that the weapon sway/stamina currently in the game is far from accurate. My experience so far in the game with weapon sway it would be almost right had I just completed a 100m sprint.

I tend to operate zoomed scope yet even a small movement generates abnormal sway. Any professional soldier used to handling weapons is easily able to recover and stabilise far better than whats currently represented within the games mechanics. Oh and thats in full gear vest backpack etc in excess of 80lb

• Like 1