john chaser

Script for loading seperate "pants texture"

Hey guys,

I've been searching google and this forum quiet a lot so far, but simply couldn't find a decent solution.

I am trying to use an independent officer uniform with my self-made texture as a fireman skin.

This is what it is meant to look like: 

K0Nqit8.jpg

But, since this is ArmA III and I can't figure it out, it doesn't want to laod the pants right. I made this work by copying the entire characters_f_beta.pbo, changing the skins and repacking it as a "mod".

BUT  I cant make it work as a scripted uniform without replacing the entire uniform skin. I hope you get, what I am actualyl trying to say right now. 

Problem is: It laods the Jacket-Texture with setObjectTextureGlobal, but it won't load the pants, since they are in a different .paa. The pants, which actually are inside the .paa belong to the CSAT-Uniform and all those damn CSAT-Icons on the shoulders and arms etc., which is why I want to use the Independen uniform. Otherwise it looks like this:

qt1Uv0U.jpg

YES, this is the CSAT-Uniform, which I dont want to use, because of the CSAT-Symbols on Arms and shoulders. I want the Independ-Uniform with different pants, see above. Look at red shoulder to the right for CSAT-Symbols)

soooooo..... if anybody of you guys acutally managed to understand my problem and even got an answer for that, please respond!

Thank you very much!

With Regards,

Umbarion

I've used the Indep officer as part of an addon, and the reason the pants wont load is because they're part of a different named selection. On a config level this would be easy enough to sort (see below)

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo1","Camo2","insignia"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\Texture_Path\Jacket_co.paa","\Texture_Path\Pants_co.paa"};

However, I'm not quite sure how you would go about using setobjecttexture with the second texture. Presumably like this:

Unit setobjecttextureglobal [0, "\Texture_Path\Jacket_co.paa"]; Unit setobjecttextureglobal [1, "\Texture_Path\Pants_co.paa"];

in the unit's init.

or

Unit setobjecttextureglobal [0, "Jacket_co.paa"]; Unit setobjecttextureglobal [1, "Pants_co.paa"];

if the files are in the mission pbo.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, mate! It works just perfectly fine! 

I always appreciate, how fast you guys can help one here! 

• Like 2