lordfrith

[WIP] Friths Ruin: post-apocolypse rvmat re-textures

Hey lordfrith, are you still working on this project? 

officer.jpg

i think i already said my drawing style was a bit comic book but i'm gonna need to photo-realism it up a bit if this is gonna work. it looks ok in the screens i've posted above but close up and with other assets it looks a bit weird i think. any input on this would be appreciated as i'm pretty noob at photo-realism

2016-01-12_00006_1.jpg

2015-11-28_00001.jpg

The textures you've created so far look exceptional.   

Hey lordfrith, are you still working on this project? 

The textures you've created so far look exceptional.   

I got in touch with LordFrith a month ago with the very same question. ^^

He's quite busy with real life stuff, but assured me the project was still being worked on.

@lordFrith : I hope everything is all right for you mate; looking forward to see this beauty released! ;)

lfapoc1.png

hi folks, managed to get some time in over the summer so i think im ready(ish) to make a first release. theres a download link below, go try it out!

at this time there are variations on about 4-5 uniforms, variations on the independent vest (lite, standard and gl) and helmet and a new base body.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hgz96daibfkilm/frithsruin.rar?dl=0

lfapoc2.png

now... heres the most important bit

KNOWN ISSUES

this won't be everyone's cup of tea

the rvmats work and don't work sporadically. I go into virtual arsenal and scroll through modded content sooner or later an rvmat will fail to load. its driving me crazy!

i've never made an arma mod before so i genuinely have no idea if this will make your computer explode and all your cows run round in circles.

this release is my idiot check! let me know if anythings broken

the... FUTURE!

assuming we survive this initial test unscathed i shall continue to add items to the mod.

A MP key will come as soon as i've figured out why my 'add bikey' button is grey

my next targets to work on are the basic equipment texture which will allow me to add bandoliers, belts, backpacks, and the nato and opfor vests.

'@lordFrith : I hope everything is all right for you mate; looking forward to see this beauty released! ;)' everything is funky dory thanks for asking :)

Edited by lordfrith
  • Like 6

Oh boy. mellow2.gif

Those are going to fit right in that Fallout remake project I have - thanks LordFrith!

• Like 3

Grotesquely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.   

• Like 1

custom rvmats do this from time to time, it's a game engine issue apparently but this looks pretty sweet, not my cup of tea, but there's a lot of effort gone into these, so well done

• Like 2

Ravage + Friths Ruin : Love story.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

No issues to report so far, except for some small config errors (give a shout if you need help for those).

Outstanding work buddy : this one is an absolute must-have already.

• Like 7

Wow this is the first time seeing this, it look amazing. I hope you continue working on it

I have noticed though none of the vests have any armor value to them. Meaning they will be a one shot kill to anyone wearing the vests. You might want to look into porting over the vanilla armor values to the vests.

It would be awesome to see a few factions made or the same faction made over Bluefor, Opfor and Indi. Vanilla black weapons would be fine for that.

But it would be good to make some post apocalypse missions where we can drop units down in Zeus or in the editor to shoot at.

• Like 1

hi folks,

thanks for the feedback, i'm enjoying the screenies too. goodstuff!

custom rvmats do this from time to time

i feared this was the case, oh well, a lot of the time in game its not so noticeable. More so in virtual arsenal. Its maybe when i'm loading too many different rvmats for the same models.

Ravage + Friths Ruin : Love story.

No issues to report so far, except for some small config errors (give a shout if you need help for those).

Outstanding work buddy : this one is an absolute must-have already.

daaaang nice screenies! I've enjoyed a great many short and miserable lives in Ravage mod so... awesome, glad to be of service :)

so those config errors; are they showing up in game (with scripterror enabled) when you are spawning units?

it occurs to me i mostly tested these in VA and should do more game tests.

I have noticed though none of the vests have any armor value to them. Meaning they will be a one shot kill to anyone wearing the vests. You might want to look into porting over the vanilla armor values to the vests.

It would be awesome to see a few factions made or the same faction made over Bluefor, Opfor and Indi. Vanilla black weapons would be fine for that.

re armour: hmmm, that sounds MP-breaking. I'm checking the config again and ALL the vests seem  to have

armor="5*0.8";
            passThrough=0.40000001;

i thought this was the vanilla armour value of the light vest. I would like the vests to be slightly weaker than their vanilla counterparts to account for degraded materials and construction. i'd better do some reading!

And yes i agree this does need placeable units with randomized loadouts and stuff. There are some config structure issues i need to solve first and a whole bunch more reading.

• Like 1

daaaang nice screenies! I've enjoyed a great many short and miserable lives in Ravage mod so... awesome, glad to be of service :)

so those config errors; are they showing up in game (with scripterror enabled) when you are spawning units?

it occurs to me i mostly tested these in VA and should do more game tests.

I took a quick look at your configs, and I think it's just a lil' inheritance problem.

If you don't mind I can try a few tweaks and send you the fixed configs.

By the way, your addon will be supported as of next Ravage update - I don't care if it's WIP, your assets just look too damn good!

Can't wait to see what's in store next. ;)

• Like 4

I took a quick look at your configs, and I think it's just a lil' inheritance problem.

If you don't mind I can try a few tweaks and send you the fixed configs.

By the way, your addon will be supported as of next Ravage update - I don't care if it's WIP, your assets just look too damn good!

Can't wait to see what's in store next. ;)

please feel free to tweak. let me know what you edit and hopefully i might even learn from it!

I think the whole config could be done better; i should have everything in one pbo and just define all the different parts in one config. That way i can define the load order of everything and this needs to be done to add things like units. e.g. i need the equipment to be defined before i can add it to units or... more config errors.

if that doesn't make sense its cos i haven't got my head round it yet. :unsure:

i'll try and get a version without these errors and the armour config ****up ready asap

Hi folks,

a link to the new version, should be error free and ready for public consumption

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2qpj13qxy3y50n/frithsruin.rar?dl=0

V1

fixed noob config errors
fixed shiny vests
added proper armour values to vests and helmets
added rolled sleeve variants
added bikeys

thats it released! woohoo! further updates are in the making so keep an eye out ;)

do i create a new thread for the released mod?

edit: i have just noticed some kind moderator has already moved this thread to the mods complete section. thanks, i think i should have pm'd one of you so lucky you're on the ball ;)

Edited by lordfrith
  • Like 3

do i create a new thread for the released mod?

No need to, it's already in the right section.

Thanks for added variants, going to check them right away! ;)

This is great. Have You considered doing the same treatment for vehicles? They all look like they just got out from the factory...

I cannot wait to test this out tonight Keep up the good work bud !! 

• Like 1

Friths Ruin is now available on Steam Workshop for everyone to download and reupload as their own work.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766707192

got a little confused trying to add the 'keys' folder, let me know if anyone has any MP issues with the workshop version

This is great. Have You considered doing the same treatment for vehicles? They all look like they just got out from the factory...

glad you like it! when i started out i checked through a lot of arma3 models to see what could and couldn't be done.

I had planned to include vehicles but most use multiple textures and usually one of them will be annoyingly lacking in 'hidden selections' (which you need to apply custom textures). So for example the 4x4 pickup, i'm pretty sure the exterior can be done but not so the interior. I don't have the highest standards but having a rusty car with a pristine interior just seems kinda pointless so i will likely avoid most of the Vanilla vehicles :(

I was thinking that community assets could be the way to go for vehicles but i've not checked this out much yet, Friths Ruin will stay dependency free so this would be another project for another day.

I cannot wait to test this out tonight Keep up the good work bud !! 

hope its worth the wait :)

• Like 4

Very nice work! I dont play much of the post apocalypse stuff myself, except for the very occasional game of Ravage , but these will make for some awesome screenshots. Thanks for this :)

• Like 1

Great work

I like your mod

At starting the game i had this error: No entry'bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.

Great work

I like your mod

At starting the game i had this error: No entry'bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.

oh balls

for some reason..... actually for no reason i hadn't associated this error messege with my mod.  :icon_ohmygod: 

genius at play here people...

this is maybe the 'inheritance issue' haleks mentioned.

not quite sure what it means but shall investigate and fix

thanks for the link cosmic101, i think i already saw this but i've implemented it wrong

EDIT: did a bit of reading and fixed the config error messege, updated OP and workshop

Edited by lordfrith
  • Like 1

lordfrith got to say I love the art style you have going.  The only problem I have right now is the new dropbox link isn't working for me.