If there is a way to keep the BVR scripts and maybe make them optional when mission building that would be great.  There are some maps out there that are a good enough size to utilize the BVR ranges.

Hello, I'm SUNDRYH, the addon test staff of South Korean arma group 'Kimchi Guys'. I'm very impressed by quality of your addon. Get to the point, I wish to use patriot air defense 2,3 (PAC-2, PAC-3) addon in my group sever, so can you unpack necessary addons that include patriot air defense  2,3 (PAC-2, PAC-3) addon? I want to use the addons separately. In case, can you approve the unpacking of the addons?

I want to receive your reply on this topic or sundryh@naver.com. thank you!

On 12/7/2015 at 1:42 AM, hcpookie said:

In A2, the SHORAD systems mentioned previously were capable of targeting and destroying incoming threats to an area or group, providing true counter-missile battery defense

That's nice feature,but how is that ,i try pantsir/tor... and c-ram and all others ,they never intercept incomming missiles or munitions(arma 2 co),i killed those batterys easily each time, i try to command them but i can't lock incomming missiles.

what i am missing? 

The counter-missile defense is an AI-only function.   It is improved in the pending update.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hcpookie said:

The counter-missile defense is an AI-only function.   It is improved in the pending update.

not talking about arma 3 version, arma 2 version is the counter missile present like sayed in the documentation.

2 hours ago, MADARA-MASTER said:

not talking about arma 3 version, arma 2 version is the counter missile present like sayed in the documentation.

Well your asking in the wrong place if your after the Arma2 version. This thread is about the Arma3 version. :f:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Well your askin

ok..just cheked,but don't think there will be continue for that one,and the systems are the same,interested about both.unfortunetly that's the only place descus anti-missile no choise,thank you.

As stated in the Arma 2 thread, I am no longer supporting that version.  I'll be glad to discuss the Arma 3 version however.

• Like 1

Which planes does this mod work best with?

On 8/30/2017 at 7:41 PM, Fros7bite said:

Which planes does this mod work best with?

its anti-aircraft  not munitions for planes.

if you mean what plane can shoot,suppose every thing flyng.

On 01/07/2017 at 0:29 AM, ski2060 said:

The problem will come with vehicle radar ranges.  Almost everything out right now is based on the default 16KM max range for Vanilla Arma.  I THINK Firewill is configuring a select few airframes to have longer range radar screens.

Someone could probably make a mod to re-config Vanilla or mod planes to have longer range Radar screens though.

looking for long range radar detection since OFP ,the max we could get is 11 km for ofp/a2 and not much for a3 .tried even to modify the config of main files config ,no luck.

still looking any way....

1 hour ago, MADARA-MASTER said:

looking for long range radar detection since OFP ,the max we could get is 11 km for ofp/a2 and not much for a3 .tried even to modify the config of main files config ,no luck.

still looking any way....

Long Range Radar is in the game right now.  You just have to configure it for your plane with a mod.  Firewill tested 100+ KM radar ranges and lock on's with his AIM 154 Phoenix off a Tomcat and had it working.

The JETS DLC included the ability for modders to configure whatever radar distances they want to bring into the game.
You just have to know what you're doing with adjusting the Radar MFD screen to show beyond 16 KM, and setting your radar to detect at longer ranges.

SA20 reaches out past 100km.  Just sayin'  :)

• Like 2

Update is imminent.  I have to put the finishing touches on the documentation this afternoon.

Spoiler

v5.0: 9/30/2017
-    FIX: Missing SA3 Radar classnames in Guide
-    FIX: Custom Air Defense soldier side assignments caused friendly fire during some Site spawns
-    FIX: Various minor 3D model tweaks and corrections
-    FIX: SA2 site firing commands were incorrect resulting in severely diminished SA2 launch occurrence
-    FIX: Incorrect ranges for SA10/20/21 missiles that were published in miles instead of km
-    FIX: PRV-11 shadow bug on 3D model
-    IMPROVED: Real World values for extended-range SAM’s to accommodate the newest extra-large maps
-    IMPROVED: AAA Airburst explosion damage
-    IMPROVED: Missile reload behavior now ensures reloaded missiles can be seen
-    IMPROVED: SA15: Optimized weapon doors to use reload animations instead of user script
-    IMPROVED: PRV-11, PRV-13, PRV-16  radar altimeters correctly animates w/ “flapping” action
-    IMPROVED: Optimized booster stage discard and timeout script behavior for SA2, SA3, SA19, SA22
-    NEW: Function-based AAA and SAM airburst spawn logic to greatly increase responsiveness and performance
-    NEW: 9K33 (NATO: SA8 “Gecko”) SAM system
-    NEW: S-400 (NATO: SA21 “Gargoyle”) SAM system
-    NEW: P-19 “Flat Face” early-warning/acquisition radar for SA-3 sites
-    NEW: P-15M “Squat Eye” early-warning/acquisition radar for legacy sites
-    NEW: 36D6/ST-68 “Tin Shield” mast-mounted early-warning/acquisition radar for SA-10 sites
-    NEW: 96L6 “Cheese Board” early-warning radar for SA-21 sites
-    NEW: 92N6 “Grave Stone” fire control radar for SA-21 sites
-    NEW: 55Zh6UE Nebo-UE early warning / surveillance radar
-    NEW: 1L119 Nebo-SVU early warning / surveillance radar
-    NEW: Early Warning “listening post” site spawner to provide Jets DLC targeting capabilities for a Side.
-    NEW: Jets DLC Radar Components integration. Standalone SAM and AAA launchers should behave more aggressively
-    NEW: Jets DLC multi-stage missile animations for SA2, SA3, SA19, SA22
-    NEW: In-Game Field Manual entries

• Like 11

Your nefarious missiles continue to muck up my flying plans!

Excellent News! B)

So I might just be missing it, however, I cant seem to find a download link for the update. Maybe I am misinterpreting it, but the original thread post says its on 5.0 but I cant find a download that matches that

Found some last-minute issues I couldn't ignore.  Rather would have it "right" than "on time".  Its been an entire YEAR since the last update... wowsa.  I'm really excited about this release because most of the scripting is now stored in functions, which should make this run MUCH better than before.  I know people have complained about stuttering... that SHOULD be severely reduced, if not completely removed.  Fingers crossed...

Also need to add that the jamming scripts are on hold for now... still need to iron out their performance as they seem to work TOO well.  Also the in-mod ALARM and AS-12 ARM missiles don't use the new radar values yet.  That was bugged and it appears it was fixed in the last game update but I need to work on that some more to make sure they behave correctly.  Yes, any ARM should work vs. the radars, regardless of their origin.

Edit to add -  I'm also postponing the "on-map" radome AI population script.  That is working but I need to iron out the script some more... the notion being you can place a "spawner" just like the SAM sites, and all the on-map BIS radomes in a certain distance will be occupied w/ the AI of the side that is populating it.  It works, but it overlaps if you place different Side AI spawners too close... need to figure a way to avoid that so each radome will work for a single side...

The PBO files are about 1.01GB in size!!!  (uploading now... noting the 4 ZIP files are 874MB total... broke them into about 250MB each to help slow with D/L issues)

I'm zipping and uploading them to my onedrive, which of course is incredibly slow.  My google drive is full of PLA stuff so I can't really use it right now ;)

I'll post an update when uploads are complete.  The new Guide is available now:  https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!22139&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

• Like 2

Whoa! Just came here to see if I could cheer you guys up into making a New sensor update , to discover that it's already coming :D Oh God Gotta love the A3 Community!

Think the answer is yes but... Will everything work correctly if spawning a site spawner mid mission via script, zeus etc? Thus far have only used them at start or individual assets like AA guns.