Well the FPS drop is quite huge but I don't have time posting a repro mission. You can try the editor simple as that. Set up your units and incoming enemy aircraft .

Well the FPS drop is quite huge but I don't have time posting a repro mission. You can try the editor simple as that. Set up your units and incoming enemy aircraft .

This is singularly unhelpful - can't you tell Pook which SAM you were using? Which "enemy aircraft"? Which map was it on? What additional mods did you have loaded, aside from the SAM pack and its requirements? Anyone can drop a random SAM site on to a random map with a random enemy aircraft - there's no guarantee it will reproduce what you experienced.

if you don't have time to post a repro, then don't bother reporting your issue. period.

if you don't have time to post a repro, then don't bother reporting your issue. period.

Wow that attitude :huh:

I have done this so many times in testing it that I can assure you it isn't "just load it up and it fails".  I work in IT and I can tell you it never is that simple, ever.  ;)

This is singularly unhelpful - can't you tell Pook which SAM you were using? Which "enemy aircraft"? Which map was it on? What additional mods did you have loaded, aside from the SAM pack and its requirements? Anyone can drop a random SAM site on to a random map with a random enemy aircraft - there's no guarantee it will reproduce what you experienced.

This is precisely why I am asking - I cannot repro this "huge" frame rate drop that magically happens.  I load up all day long and simply. do. not. have the same behavior.  Perhaps your system isn't up to spec for my mods.

As I said previously, the "detect" script is the only script I can imagine would cause frame rate issues, because it uses a "nearEntities" command, which causes a list of all "things" around it to be built in memory.  The heart of the "shoot" script is fairly simple... choose a SAM launcher from the site, and tell it "doFire" at the target in question.  With a series of calculations, of course... but let's keep it civil.  I can't repro in the way you specify.  Therefore it is one of those things mentioned by madbrood, or your system itself.  That's as specific as I dare to be without some way to repro it, or look into a specific type of SAM unit to examine further.  Believe me, I want this to work!  ;)

I keep hearing "it slows down when sam's fire" but no specifics.  Scripts aren't optimized into functions yet.  Do you have a repro mission?  Mission scenario conditions?  Which SAM site exactly?  The scripts are all basically the same, however I don't get this experience, and I have yet to get consistent reports of which SAM site is causing slow-downs.  In honesty, the SAM firing should have ZERO frame rate impact... the SAM detection script, however, could cause some occasional frame rate impacts on a busy server. 

Conditions are as follows 

------------------------------------

Gamemode - Editor

Map - Virtual Reality (silky smooth no buildings and vegetation etc)

Mods - CUP Units, CUP Weapons, POOK SAM Pack, POOK Camonets, CBA

SAMs - Everything that shoots a missile. So pretty much... MEADS, MIMI104, SA2, SA3, SA10, SA11, SA15, SA19, SA20, SA22

Conditions/Explanation - I remember when this pack first came out I never had this problem however ever since I downloaded the latest I do. The lag seems to occur once the missile is fired (obviously) however then ceases when the missile is destroyed. For example, I was doing SEAD flyout in the USAF F35A on DBO Afghanistan, I had 20,000m view distance and render range and was pulling around 40+ FPS, silky smooth, however the second a Russian SAM fired (not sure which one) my frames dropped instantly down to around 5 and then it gradually went down to 2 then 1 until the missile was destroyed and then frames shot back up to 40+ again. This also happens when I'm solo testing vehicles, for example, I'll be the only player/character in the editor with a SA15 down for a example, just the vehicle and I, however when I shoot at just a hillside the frames drop until impact, then back up again. 

------------------------------------

Hopefully that gives a bit more insight. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this information.  I am still unpacking boxes and my gaming rig is still in moving boxes all over the computer room.  So when I get to it, I'll investigate this further. 

However as of a few weeks ago when I was still in CO, I had not seen any lag problems.  At that time I was focused on SA2/AAA stuff for Unsung.  The newer systems you describe haven't had any tweaks to them since practically the beginning.  Still haven't even applied the air friction values!  Very curious.

• Like 1

could be an A3 update potentially - as half my triggers now fail in mission due to some bad math in a recent update.

Also just for reference with the USAF F35A missile tracking software, it managed to track a SAM going at 8100km/h. Not sure if this is normal speed haha 

Update - I have added the CUP M163 Vulcan radar to the ARM detection scripts, so now you can Wild Weasel against them.  Still working through the remaining issues.

I am going to include a "native" Russian ARM weapon as well, perhaps the Kh-25MP, so "both sides" have a resident ARM weapon w/o need for reliance on external sources.  And then a FAP-pack version for Icebreaker's armies :)

Additional:

So it would seem that Ethiopia, like Cuba, is placing their SA2 launchers on a mobile platform.  And I already have it modeled :D  If you've tried the SA2 in this pack, you already know the errors are not completely removed yet.  The Unsung version of the SA2 is 100% fixed, and I need to repeat those fixes in this "modern" pack.  Ugh... more work for my "game" LOL

http://www.janes.com/article/59987/ethiopia-turns-s-75-sams-into-self-propelled-systems

• Like 1

Ah lovely.  My RAID-5 array meltdown from a few months ago (that I fixed) appears to have broken some of my models.  I'm so glad I made an offline backup!  :D  If the backup wasn't there I'd have had to rebuild several of the models from A2 content.  Again.  So there's a bullet dodged :)

I'm going through the list of fix items this month... hope to make some good progress in the next several weeks.

• Like 1

hey pook if you feel up for it, could you improve the vulcan barrels? ive had a good hunt about and there are no reasonably round barrels available in any vulcan version model we have

doesn't matter too much for the CRAM but on the  m168 ads the barrels are really clearly hexagonal

I've got some issues. I can't place SA10 anywhere. I can only place a few individual sam pieces in zeus.

21:41:13 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/pook_SA2_Decoy.side'.
21:41:13 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
21:41:13 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/pook_SA2_Decoy.faction'.

21:41:14 Bad conversion: scalar
21:41:18 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerW'.
21:41:19 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerG'.
21:41:19 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerG'.
21:41:19 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerE'.
21:41:19 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerE'.
21:41:20 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerG'.
21:41:20 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerG'.
21:41:21 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerG'.
21:41:21 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerG'.
21:41:21 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/pook_SA2_Decoy.side'.

I have been looking, and perhaps I overlooked it somewhere but am loosing a lot of time on creating this mission so...Is there an init line command or short script that I can have the P-12 and P-18 radars deploy their masts without player interaction from the action menu?

You can add this into the vehicle's INIT field:

_scr = [this] execVM "\pook_P12\data\scripts\raise_radar.sqf";

Thank you so much kind sir.  Oh, and just so you know, the guys I play ARMA with love your creations.  We have made extensive use of your add-ons since we started playing ARMA together several years ago.  Keep up the good work and thank you so much for your contributions, making a great game even greater.  I envy you guys with the knowledge to make this stuff.  I have so many ideas but not the know-how.  Thanks again! <8^D

Hey Hcpookie,

Is there a command for deploying the camo nets as well?  If there is a place that has this info already and I am needlessly bugging you please just point me to it. :)

No, not at all!  I neglected to document these switches.  Unfortunately the camo nets aren't consistently found among all the vehicles.  When they are present, you can animate them like so:

this animate ["camonet", 0];

This will un-hide the camo net. 

Is there a way to deploy the net in Zeus?   I would like to be able to tilt them to one side too...Maybe adding some text to them as well.

No, not at all!  I neglected to document these switches.  Unfortunately the camo nets aren't consistently found among all the vehicles.  When they are present, you can animate them like so:

this animate ["camonet", 0];

This will un-hide the camo net. 

Thank you so much.

Good news, I've been ironing out the reported issues and adding the "new editor" functionality to the pack.  So that means that I have removed the stupid popup errors... hopefully no more will happen.

And of course added some new stuff...

MIM23_test.jpg

Release hopefully in the upcoming weeks... certainly before Labor Day weekend.

• Like 4

a progress report and semi-tease... my progress so far... just over halfway through the list of things to fix...

• FIX: no entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerW'
  • FIX: no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/pook_SA2_Decoy.side'
  • FIX: MAZ 7910 truck faction entries and cargo scripts
  • FIX: ChDKZ SA-2 SAM site spawn errors
  • FIX: Site cleanup script reliance upon now-deprecated BIS “HeliHEmpty†marker
  • FIX: Syntax error for incomingRWR.sqf documentation
  • FIX: Adding missing components to the geometry LODs of 5P85 (SA-10) launch vehicles
  • FIX: S60 gunner “die†animations
  • FIX: SA-11 / SA-17 missile flame effects
  • FIX: Removed duplicate targeting data from SA-10, SA-20, NASANS, MIM-104 scripts
  • FIX: Corrected ZU-23 magazine capacity to simulate real world values of 40 round belts
  • FIX: Corrected ZSU-23-4 magazine capacity to simulate real world values of 200 rounds (4x 50rnd belts)
  • FIX: Visual errors on generator support unit model
  • FIX: SA-20 SHORAD spawn state (_aaa variable error)
  • FIX: AAA proximity fuses now engage at target’s altitude instead of a fixed height
  • FIX: Correct penetration RVMAT on all surfaces
  • FIX: Indirect damage impact for missiles
  • FIX: 2S6 (SA-19) 3D model errors
  • IMPROVED: Chaged ‘DefaultEventHandlers’ references to ‘EventHandlers’ to address mod cross-compatibility issues
  • IMPROVED: Optimization of missile effects scripts to address potential lag issues
  • IMPROVED: SA22 engagement values to favor cannon at shorter ranges
  • IMPROVED: ZSU-23-4-M4 engagement values to favor cannon at shorter ranges
  • IMPROVED: Shell ejection drop behavior now ejects the spent shells with directional velocity
  • IMPROVED: Shell ejection effects for cannons and AAA artillery
  • IMPROVED: KS-12 and KS-19 recoil effects
  • IMPROVED: Increased brightness on tracer effects
  • IMPROVED: AAA Airburst visual effects, audio effects, and damage values
  • NEW: Reorganized vehicle classes with new “SHORAD†category.  SHORAD vehicles possess counter-missile capabilities.
  • NEW: PhysX properties now applied to vehicles:

• ZSU-23-4 (Shilka)
  • SON-9
  • PUAZO 6/60
  • PU-12
  • SA-22
  • CRAM
  • NASAMS
  • 2S6 (SA-19)
  • 9K331 (SA-15)
  • 9K332 (SA-15)
  • 76N6 tower
  • 96L6 tower
  • SA3 family
  • SA2 family
  • AAA Artillery

• NEW: Kh-25MP (AS-12) anti-radiation missile for Soviet-heritage loadouts
  • NEW: New missile exhaust smoke plume effects on static launchers for SA-2, SA-3, MIM-104, SA-10, SA-20, NASAMs static
  • NEW: New missile exhaust smoke effects on mobile launchers for NASAMS mobile, SA-11, SA-17, SA-15, SA-19, SA-22, MEADS
  • NEW: Config changes for Zeus and Arsenal compatibility (I hope)
  • NEW: Muddy reddish-textured ramparts
  • NEW: MIM-23 HAWK SAM system, supporting radar, and control vehicles
  • KNOWN ISSUE: Soldiers yelling "out of ammo" when disembarking vehicles even when they have a full complement of ammo
  • KNOWN ISSUE: Soldiers reporting "out of fuel" on some vehicles due to scripting solutions that were required for the stationary launchers to work properly.  These reports can be ignored... just chatty AI.
  • KNOWN ISSUE:  ZU-23-4 (Shilka) M4 model doesn't expel smoke rounds.  This is intrinsic to the Shilka model and is being researched

Adding it here too :)

So I've been addressing the "mach 20" missile speeds.  I am down to a few more systems.  The physx is the real time waster.  Many of these vehicles will usually just sit in a site but "just in case" I'm adding physx in case people want to drive them around, etc.  So that's really the main time waster here.

I am looking into changing some of the behavior for the sites to have a "sometimes on" scanning.  Modern IADS radar doctrine includes keeping the transmitter offline and "spiking" on random occasions to surprise aircraft in the area.  This "spike" behavior contributed to the famous shoot-down of the F-117 happened in Bosnia.  By an SA-3!!!  This may be pushed back, depending on progress.

Now.  I am facing some challenges in several areas, mainly  RHS requests and PLA requests.  Read on...

RHS. 

The CUP / RHS interop appears to break stuff since both tweak the same values in some places.  I would love to see RHS and CUP develop a "compat" patch so this would not be necessary however... can someone either tell what is in one/both of the mods that breaks things, or refer me to a thread that explains this???  It seems to me at least that some config changes would be able to make these "foundation" mods work better together... ???

VME PLA support.

It is rather easy for me to build PLA copies of the Russian systems in this mod like SA-10, SA-15, etc. with a very small config.  My testing so far (with CUP + VME PLA) works w/ no errors, and the only requirement is the VME PLA mod.  VME PLA mod seems to be the leading PLA mod out there, going back to the OFP days.  There is work being done here so stay tuned in this area.

Unfortunately I believe RHS completely changes some underlying damage models.  Lots of people have issues running RHS vehicles/weapons against other mods or Vanilla damage models.

There are several mods out there to help normalize damage and armor models between RHS and other Mods. 
RuPals armor fix is one http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29900
Also the Real Armor mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24451

You might be able to look at those and find something?