Dunno what's making them do that.  The new SAM's from Encore can hit pretty far out.  I've heard of near 30Km (due to radar energizing from the target craft), and regularly out to the 16Km radar range of the ground radar.

I know this may sound dumb, but have you checked your timetolive values?

On 6/27/2018 at 5:57 PM, Dallas Medina said:

This mod seems to have ruined my entire games ability to save/load anything. From custom scenarios in the editor to saved campaign missions. Even custom things I've made in editor that don't use any POOK units, it won't let me open them once I've installed the mod or uninstalled it.

I'm very unhappy with this mod as it is, the radar units don't do anything, the AI doesn't even use the stuff, I've seen AI controlled SA-2s aiming at tanks on the ground and ignoring enemy aircraft. And to top it all off, like I said before, it's ruined all of my saves. Even removing the mod doesn't fix the saved games.

I'm pretty much forced to keep the mod so I can play on my custom scenarios, and yet it still won't let me open save games, saying something like "error: Pook SAMS_uns has been removed" (even though it hasn't been.

0/10 mod ruined my game pretty much. 

It appears that you have very little mission-making skills if this mod has "ruined your saves".

Maybe ask nicely how we can help instead of rubbishing a perfectly functional mod that does as advertised?

On 9/8/2018 at 1:51 AM, eggbeast said:

I know this may sound dumb, but have you checked your timetolive values?

Yes I bumped up the TTL to 180 - 3 minutes - and watched the missile de-spawn at the same exact distance away from the plane.  If I stay "within the bubble" and fly parallel to the target, the missile will impact.  If I fly toward the target, get a lock, fire, then turn 180 and fly back away, the missile de-spawns at that mark.

I'm using the "missile5" smoke trails, adjusted to last longer, so they act as a marker so to speak where I can follow the missile trail using the Camera View to the despawn point.

My observation suggests that is the edge of the "player bubble"... perhaps there is something else?  This DID work in the past, and I have made no changes to the missiles in question other than the TTL values, thrust values, etc.  I discovered this during tweaking of the missile flight speeds since some were flying at MACH 8  :) 

I have since set my view distance up to the max, however I recall there is a way to make that even larger.

• Like 1

There are a couple third party mods for view distance.  CH View distance, and IVD.  Both let you customize to your liking.

Interesting observation - it appears that the addition of a missile camera (cameraViewAvailable = 1) makes it fly to the target every time.  Odd?  If all it takes is to add "cameraViewAvailable" then this should be fixable :)

The camera view is consistently showing the missile impacts short of the vehicle, every time.  By about 5-10m  I might have to look into the new missile profiles to see if the "top down" or one of those other new profiles make it fly better.

This is all w/ the viewdistance set to the max of 12,000

• Like 1

this is ARM then? I think IRL they use blast-frag warheads, so adding in a proximity fuze and wider IDH could work maybe?

see discord PM about the TTL issue

Yeah I'm working on the ARM missiles right now... I turned down the max distance in the components section to < 29000 and they all seem to work.  Anything higher, and they don't ever lock onto any targets.  Perhaps there is a hard-coded limit, or perhaps there is a multiple of the viewdistance that is being exceeded.  Either way it doesn't work.  I can script a launch and make it shoot at the target from out to 50km.  I cannot get it to work at 64km.  I know, this is only applicable to those "big-huge maps", however there is nothing to indicate a known hard limit... ASSUMING that I can still hit something from 150km away like I was able to in the past.

So what I can say with certainty is choosing the "cruise" missile profile causes the missile to fall to the ground as if it has no thrust.  It falls immediately after the INITTIME is reached... 3 second INITTIME on the missile, then it falls as if it were a dumb bomb.  I couldn't find any examples in the AIO config to copy, and the BIKI doesn't show a "full" config example.  So I don't know what's going on w/ that profile... maybe a value is missing?  Using the "Overfly" setting works fine.  I'm using that w/ OverflyElevation = 0.1 and it works fine - the missiles fly to the target out to about 30km.  But not any farther, and that usually takes a few seconds to get them to see the targets.  So I can mark those off the list.

The only thing left now is the long-range BVR missiles.  Perhaps they aren't despawning; rather perhaps they are losing thrust and flying into the ground... not sure how I can test it other than let it shoot at me and see how far away I blow up  :)

Once I get these last missile behaviors updated I think that will be ready for release!

• Like 1

Everything seems to be working.  EXCEPT for the mast-mounted radars, that are bouncing all over the place due to physx.  I'm reverting to the Vertical placement method which worked before.  Trying to get that sorted before uploading the update.  We're that close!  :)  The mast towers are bouncing around at spawn so I'm going to see about adjusting placement settings so they don't bounce.  I think they are bouncing due to geo placement under the terrain.

Since the last update was exactly 1 year ago I'm going to make sure I get this completed over this 3-day weekend ;)  Going to introduce FAP Units next week after the main update.  This will be the last "big" update, then all updates after that will be minor/incremental from that point onward.

In other news, the incoming SHORAD defense is working perfectly!  This is an SA-22 lighting up incoming brimstones from the EF-2000: 
incoming_Confirmed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current progress list

V6.0: 10/6/2018
-    FIX: Script errors in site cleanup script
-    FIX: Typo in P12 radar spawn script instructions
-    FIX: SHORAD counter-missile defense (incoming ordnance intercept) function
-    FIX: Radome spawners failing to take damage when host building was destroyed
-    FIX: 40V6 Mast-mounted radar placement on all terrains
-    IMPROVED: AAA ammo changes for 20mm, 23mm guns to minimize lag issues
-    IMPROVED: MAZ vehicle family camo textures
-    IMPROVED: Radome spawner behavior; input features
-    IMPROVED: BVR attack profiles for ARM weapons for better ARM missile engagements
-    IMPROVED: ARM scripts converted to functions and optimized
-    IMPROVED: ARM weapons can engage out to real-life ranges (up to 50km)
-    NEW: Radome spawners with 5km range
-    NEW: Ground Control Intercept (GCI) function (see section in Guide for details)

• Like 7

V6 Upload is underway!  Onedrive is being VERY slow so please be patient.  I've split it into 100mb RAR archives to ease download headaches.

Steam update should be nearing completion as I type...

AAA lag is the big one here along with most scripts optimized to minimize lag.  Site placement is another biggie and should address many of the tipped over model issues.

Updated new Guide detailing GCI intercept functions.  Tutorial vid for GCI found here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diu6TTyhKDw

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I tell you what they have severely limited the Onedrive upload speeds - at 600mb of the 800mb rar files after letting them run all night - about 10 hours now - so maybe its time to find another free hosting website that doesn't suck so much lol

• Like 1

Upload complete!  RAR file with 9 volumes... also available on Steam for those who don't know how to install mods.

• Like 2

First v6 bug - "radarScan.sqf" not found... updated!

• Like 2

hi, hcpookie! thank you very much for all your mods. it brings an invaluable diversity to the A3 gameplay. especially for large-scale CTI missions. a "must have" for me.

i have a few questions/suggestions about sites and its spawn/despawn conditions and mechanics of work. i apologise at advance if some of them are incorrect - im not skilled at scripting at all.

1. what happens, if central radar/vehicle of the site is destroyed or its operator dead? are remaining units still able to attack enemies, that appears at line-of-sight?

2. is it possible to make sites despawn partially (instead of 10 min time of life :) ), depending on destruction of its vehicles? i.e.: weapon/vehicle, once destroyed, despawns after some time with related to it ramparts and camonets. and others remains, if alive.

3. why does the sites spawn from infantry units and not from some kind of objects (central site vehicle) or static weapons? i understand, that it is equally unrealistic to turn one man into bunch of vehicles or deploy whole site from one container or truck. :) but using inf units makes mod unplayable with some missions, that uses dynamic spawning. AI commander thinks it spawns infantry, but in fact it gets the base area littered with a bunch radars, vehicles, ramparts and camonets, that clipping and bouncing. :)

i`m sorry. questions was caused by the fact that i`ve read the old guide that found at googledrive. in last one this things are clear, more or less.

one remains: is there some kind of check of site placing area before deploying? to not intersect with another site or not to block roads or airstrips by its structures.

Hello! Great work! Thank you author!

Sorry for my horrible english...

Is it possible to make the 64N6E and 91N6E initially be in the stowed position? And then at the touch of a button turned into a battle?

Just wanted to ask, but with the recent updates to the Steam/Arma Workshop, will the prefab SAM sites you have be made into Compositions?

Hi Pookie, would it be doable if the SA-23 (S-300VM) SAM System could be introduced to this mod in the near future? It's one of my favorites.

I was having an issue where the Firewill F-16 mod and the USAF mod F-35 are not receiving RWR warning on detection or missile launches.  I input the INIT contained within your SAM guide but it doesnt seem to work either.  Have you received bug reports on this before or is this a one off?

On 10/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, DIRE_S. WOLF said:

I was having an issue where the Firewill F-16 mod and the USAF mod F-35 are not receiving RWR warning on detection or missile launches.  I input the INIT contained within your SAM guide but it doesnt seem to work either.  Have you received bug reports on this before or is this a one off?

Just flew an F-16C, got shot at and got the warning.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:12 AM, beno_83au said:

Just flew an F-16C, got shot at and got the warning.

I figured out the error....kind of.  I had a typo in the init string but i received a new error.  I ended up having something go wrong in the code execution and the server i was running it on went into a buffer overflow and crashed the server anytime a SAM was launched

Update:

• IMPROVED: Removed smoke effects for most SAM's
  • FIX: ARM missiles sometimes explode on launch
  • Like 2