This mod seems to have ruined my entire games ability to save/load anything. From custom scenarios in the editor to saved campaign missions. Even custom things I've made in editor that don't use any POOK units, it won't let me open them once I've installed the mod or uninstalled it.

I'm very unhappy with this mod as it is, the radar units don't do anything, the AI doesn't even use the stuff, I've seen AI controlled SA-2s aiming at tanks on the ground and ignoring enemy aircraft. And to top it all off, like I said before, it's ruined all of my saves. Even removing the mod doesn't fix the saved games.

I'm pretty much forced to keep the mod so I can play on my custom scenarios, and yet it still won't let me open save games, saying something like "error: Pook SAMS_uns has been removed" (even though it hasn't been.

0/10 mod ruined my game pretty much. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

This mod seems to have ruined my entire games ability to save/load anything. From custom scenarios in the editor to saved campaign missions. Even custom things I've made in editor that don't use any POOK units, it won't let me open them once I've installed the mod or uninstalled it.

I'm very unhappy with this mod as it is, the radar units don't do anything, the AI doesn't even use the stuff, I've seen AI controlled SA-2s aiming at tanks on the ground and ignoring enemy aircraft. And to top it all off, like I said before, it's ruined all of my saves. Even removing the mod doesn't fix the saved games.

I'm pretty much forced to keep the mod so I can play on my custom scenarios, and yet it still won't let me open save games, saying something like "error: Pook SAMS_uns has been removed" (even though it hasn't been.

0/10 comment

amazingly you are the only one....

• Haha 1

Wow. Cool story, glad you had a great experience improperly using the FREE CONTENT. I'm pretty much unimpressed by your complaints, dallas.

Also, uns is usually associated with unsung content. So you may want to check that.

• Like 2

@dallas: Here's a tip: you may have overlooked - NEVER leave the "binarize my mission file" checked in the editor when saving your scenarios.

then if you do stumble into the situation where you loaded way too many mods and expected your game to behave normally, you can at least edit the rrequiredaddons list in your mission.sqm in a text editor to recover it.

• Like 3

Appreciate the kind words guys. 

The mod has a few problems right now to be sure, but all are completely gameplay related and nothing to do with system stability.  Actually what am I saying, it must be completely my fault!  I guess I forgot to disable that "sabotage the computer of anyone named Dallas" script hidden in the mod!  OOPS  :down:   I'll be sure to have the Gimp remove that in the upcoming update!

It is a shame people are so quick to assign blame without even asking "can you help me".  Sad the Interweb has become what it is.  No wonder modders leave the community.

• Like 6

This mod is amazing. Is there plan to add manual controls to radar and launchers?

question. CRAM in this mod can`t stop mines 82 > 105. 

ALso make some tests..no one AA (even s21) in this addon can`t shoot RHS TOCKA- U missale.

This functions is not implemented yet ? 

3 hours ago, hcpookie said:

.  No wonder modders leave the community.

yep

4 hours ago, sammael said:

This mod is amazing. Is there plan to add manual controls to radar and launchers?

No.  Manual control was part of the configs but AI kind of made it go all screwy

question. CRAM in this mod can`t stop mines 82 > 105.

Not sure I understand the question?

ALso make some tests..no one AA (even s21) in this addon can`t shoot RHS TOCKA- U missale.

No

CRAM in this mod can`t detect and destroy incoming artillery, rockets and mortar rounds in the air before they hit their ground targets like IRL....

This mod is very good  , it had more immersion for plane based missions (with PMC maps) but it has a major drawback for the moment, performance issues with AA gun and missiles that may prevent it to use it (if you do not like lag ).

Despite that great work and i hope to see more in future !!! 

5 minutes ago, LeBrun35 said:

This mod is very good  , it had more immersion for plane based missions (with PMC maps) but it has a major drawback for the moment, performance issues with AA gun and missiles that may prevent it to use it (if you do not like lag ).

Personally ive not had any issues with lag. How many other mods were you running? what mission? As these can be all factors involved.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Personally ive not had any issues with lag. How many other mods were you running? what mission? As these can be all factors involved.

"Only" ACE, TFAR, CBA, RHS , a PMC map , Firewill AWS and planes and POOK SAM , Arty and camo pack. we had high drop of FPS each time a missile was in flight and much more when shells of AAA explode. The mission was an Eden based mission with only script for respawn and control of view distance and zeus being able for gamemaster.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LeBrun35 said:

"Only" ACE, TFAR, CBA, RHS , a PMC map , Firewill AWS and planes and POOK SAM , Arty and camo pack. we had high drop of FPS each time a missile was in flight and much more when shells of AAA explode. The mission was an Eden based mission with only script for respawn and control of view distance and zeus being able for gamemaster.

The only thing i can suggest is if you have the .rpt file available, share it in this thread so that @hcpookiecan see if it was anything of his addon causing the issues.

Love this mod its amazing really good for defending airbases. Just out of interest how did you make working counter-missile defense systems im trying to make my own atm and having no luck with it.

16 hours ago, sammael said:

Thats going to be impossible because the Tochka is a scripted missile. 

AAA lag is noted and will be addressed in the upcoming update.

Thanks for posting that about the AAA lag there @hcpookie I was coming back around to give you a heads up on finding that today when I loaded up an old mission to update it and when I played it my rig completely went batcrap crazy and froze once the 100mm cannons started shooting at me in a MELB little bird....NOT RHS VERSION....anyway I froze up my system so quickly that I had to manually reboot the system and unfortunately the RPT file didn't save at all. Which has started to become a thing with some Arma crashes lately. Anyway I was on playing on Tanoa and had ALiVE running with Fen_A3 handling some of the other aspects and they were working fine until I decided to try and fly some AI troops into a town to hit a target and the AAA cannons lit up the sky.

It's visible that pantsir was shut down also crew is on the left and radar was off so it wasn't big deal 

new pantsir truck is armored and i think it's called Pantsir SM

similar to typhoon 
In particular, it is set to be equipped with a new high-speed missile, while the range of target detection and destruction will double.
variant incorporates a multi-functional targeting station, increasing target detection range from 40 to 75 km and engagement range from 20 to 40 km.

5338737_original.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/18/2016 at 8:50 AM, sammael said:

"Meaning no one would want to play with the mod"   I`m agree - but  SA20 is very powerfull in real life. Make them 2-3 shoot to kill - it `s like a car survive after TOW hit. In balans of gameplay  and realism you can make "big rocket" more deadly.

Anyway super addon. Thank you 

iN REAL LIFE A DIRECT SHOT from ANY OF THE s-300's missiles will take you down from 1 shot ,i will play with mod 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 3:44 AM, hcpookie said:

AAA lag is noted and will be addressed in the upcoming update.

That mod is amazing and unique,no one before put  arma missiles that far(I was searching for this since ARMA-1/OPERATION FLASH POINT,still testing staring with arma2 pooki for long(no counter missiles there for pantsir/tor or any other system) but this arma3 one have all missiles functions possible why not complet it with other missile Sytems like :

S-300 VM/V4 GLADIATOR ANTI BALISTIC MISSILES .

**S-400 with mutiple missiles (IR guidence for short range 9M96E and active radar guidence 9M96E2 means when launcher destroyed still missile hit if close enought to target-)

kaliber-iskander cruise and balistic missiles and YAKONT ANTI SHIP MISSILE(you can use your previous addones for rangmaster i think ).

SPIKE TV GUIDED MISSILES

Iron domm counter rockets

balistic missiles with mutiple separated warhead.

this mod will be more than fantastic with those.

I am not used on modeling or scripts(just light modifications to tv guided missiles scripts on arma 2 or playing with config)but I am on the way,I am ready to give help by providing DATA  on those Systems

just a question the speed and performance (ignoring range) are real world specs token in concederation??

GOOD JOB.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:57 AM, Dallas Medina said:

THIS IS NOT reason to blame the mod ,it's not mod fault it's configuration of the game fault,the modeler did good job

It was made by Andrei of the Lost Brothers mod in 2010.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:53 PM, AdamWash said:

It's visible that pantsir was shut down also crew is on the left and radar was off so it wasn't big deal 

new pantsir truck is armored and i think it's called Pantsir SM

similar to typhoon 
In particular, it is set to be equipped with a new high-speed missile, while the range of target detection and destruction will double.
variant incorporates a multi-functional targeting station, increasing target detection range from 40 to 75 km and engagement range from 20 to 40 km.

Yeah they put a new radar on the Pantsir.  Looks like an AESA array this time around.  That vid does make you wonder if they visually ID'ed that pantsir or if it was actually actively scanning.  Either way, it was still a failure :)

WELL... it has been nearly an entire YEAR since the last update, and for that I'm sorry.  Real Life has had me very busy, however this next month I expect to have a significant amount of time and will make every effort to get the update pushed out in this window. 

The big thing will be the removal of the laggy AAA scripts for the non-radar fused AAA units (the lower caliber ones) while retaining it for the higher-caliber AAA above and including 57mm... so S-60, KS-12, and KS-19 will retain the altimeter airburst function.  Since the rate of fire for these is so slow, it stands to reason these won't cause AAA lag.

That and the fix for the broken PGM intercept by SHORAD units will be the big things. 

I have been working on an SA-4 however it isn't ready yet for prime time... that will have to wait.

I intend to work on smaller release updates after this next one to address bug issues... the scope of this mod with only me working it makes it very difficult.  Then BIS keeps changing things and affecting functionality.  It seems the long-range SAM's de-spawn now after they leave the "player bubble" so I am not convinced the long-range SAM's work as expected any more.  Ditto for my long-range ARM's which I've observed to de-spawn after they get about 3-4km from the plane.  SUCKS.  Not sure if there are any switches, flags, or other config changes I can add to make them work like they used to... so the SA-20's 150km intercept range etc. hasn't worked like it used to.  Meaning those BIG-HUGE maps are back to essentially SHORAD-range SAM coverage.  If ANYONE has any input how to address this apparent "player bubble" limitation, please let me know!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1