BluFor changed sides on me when I tested last night.  I'll try to get some vid for you.

No need for a vid, just need to know which faction it was

You da man!

Is it intentional that some sites/radars etc. come up as a Laser Target Icon on radar?  Is this for differentiation or perhaps a bug?

Testing some on a full mod build for my unit last night, and it seems like some EWS sites show up as Laser Designation icons.  I had an OpFor EWS that was placed in EDEN show as the laser target on radar.

And, still having the Zeus issue with mission in progress spawning of sites.  I have found a workaround (adding the spawned AA Crewman to each vehicle/gun/launcher manually) for the meantime. 
It's not a huge issue for me at this point and I don't want you to stress over finding the issue that is preventing the script from assigning these crewmen like it should.

Do keep up the great work!

Yes that's their passive target radar "weapon".  Turrets need a weapon and they are basically the same as laser pointers. 

I can't fix the Zeus thing. 

I need to know which type of AAA or SAM spawns as a different faction/side.

I'll load up the mission and double check, pretty sure it was either a MIM104 or MIM23.

OK, good to know about the Laser Icon.  I can explain that to my unit members when I can get their lazy asses in to test with me.

Yes that will be appreciated as the spawn scripts for those types look correct.

Curious.  Those scripts appear correct.  Which faction?

BluFor.     I can't properly test it right now for repeat behavior since I'm still stuck at work and can't really fly via VPN :p

I haven't had the behavior repeated with just your mod running.   It may be an issue with one of my unit mods or something.    I'll double check everything when I get home tonight and can properly go through it all.

That's damn peculiar.  Just tested it and its working fine here.  Going to address that _tgt script error to clean up the RPT some more.

I can verify that the SHORAD systems aren't engaging incoming missiles.  They see it and target it but don't engage.  I have an idea for a fix but it will take some (tedious) testing to validate success.

• Like 1

SHORAD update... seems to work now.

The A2 version relied on ATTACHTO of a sacrificial target to the ordnance.  That target is a vehicle so the "dofire" script commands will shoot at it, whereas they will not shoot at the missile object itself.  In A3, apparently, the ATTACHTO logic changed to the point that the attached object's FireGEO no longer works.  SOOOO... the script is revised to setpos it near the missile instead of "attachto" the missile. 

incoming_Defense.jpg

As the pic indicates the sacrificial target dies and the missile goes along with it (2 AGM-65's in that pic).  Need to refine it some more but it seems to work against MOST incoming missiles - certainly not a magic defense and some still squeeze through.  I like it :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

For missions built in EDEN, there are the site spawners that generate entire SAM sites or AAA sites.   You would need to set up your mission to do the generation though.

I have a query for Ol' hcpookie; with your digitally delicious SAM mod, will you be adding Anti-Air searchlights? it would be so could seeing them be made availible for all kinds of mods; from Unssung to the WW2 "Wolfpack" of mods! hope this great mode continues to become greater!!! :f:

(Yes they're WW2 Films but still sends the message)

Research for Ground Control Intercept is progressing.  Those radome spawners I made may become more valuable after all...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey pook,

I've downloaded the pook sam pack from steam and having an ish I hope you can help with. I'm trying to get the p-12 radar deployed on mission start and keep getting a pop-up to say the script can't be found. I have read the guide (which is quite impressive btw, v.detailed) and using this in the init field of the P-12 Radar:

_scr = [this] execVM "\pook_P12\data\scripts\raise_radar.sqf";

It's empty as in no AI in it. I noticed in an earlier reply about this that the engine has to be off as theirs a check to ensure AI or people aren't driving around with a deployed radar, which would look a little odd haha.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Nope, you're following the directions correctly.  However, the directions are wrong... Mea Culpa!

Try this instead:

_scr = [this] execVM "\pook_P12\scripts\raise_radar.sqf"; 

I should update that to use "animationsource" since that supposedly works better in MP.

I was using the F22 and F16 from the USAF mod and the OPFOR consisted of SA3s (both mobile and static) from this mod. I noticed that the radar warning receiver/ missile launch detector never gave the audible warning of a missile locked onto my aircraft so I had the hilarious (not being sarcastic) situation of getting a glimpse of the missile a second before it hit. Is this due to the SA3 having some sort of passive homing feature? Also worth noting, sometimes the missiles would miss but in a weird fashion; in the F22, I used the third person camera and noticed on several occasions right before an SA3 hit it did a split 60 degree turn and veered away. I'll try and get a screenshot/video of that. I love your mod and this has been the only real hiccup for me. I know content creators already spend hundreds of hours to make these mods for us so I don't need a quick response. Keep up the good work :)

3 hours ago, cry me a river said:

I was using the F22 and F16 from the USAF mod and the OPFOR consisted of SA3s (both mobile and static) from this mod. I noticed that the radar warning receiver/ missile launch detector never gave the audible warning of a missile locked onto my aircraft so I had the hilarious (not being sarcastic) situation of getting a glimpse of the missile a second before it hit. Is this due to the SA3 having some sort of passive homing feature? Also worth noting, sometimes the missiles would miss but in a weird fashion; in the F22, I used the third person camera and noticed on several occasions right before an SA3 hit it did a split 60 degree turn and veered away. I'll try and get a screenshot/video of that. I love your mod and this has been the only real hiccup for me. I know content creators already spend hundreds of hours to make these mods for us so I don't need a quick response. Keep up the good work :)

The missile launch warning is part of the plane's config.  I don't know what the USAF F22 mod uses.  I have not seen launch warning failures on the SA3 radar but I'll double-check it this morning.  Just confirmed SA3 launch alerts are working fine

3 hours ago, cry me a river said:

Also worth noting, sometimes the missiles would miss but in a weird fashion; in the F22, I used the third person camera and noticed on several occasions right before an SA3 hit it did a split 60 degree turn and veered away. I'll try and get a screenshot/video of that. I love your mod and this has been the only real hiccup for me. I know content creators already spend hundreds of hours to make these mods for us so I don't need a quick response. Keep up the good work :)

F22 has an internal jamming system.  That sounds as if the jamming functions are working.  Which should be initialized by the incomingMissile EH.

13 hours ago, hcpookie said:

The missile launch warning is part of the plane's config.  I don't know what the USAF F22 mod uses.  I have not seen launch warning failures on the SA3 radar but I'll double-check it this morning.  Just confirmed SA3 launch alerts are working fine

F22 has an internal jamming system.  That sounds as if the jamming functions are working.  Which should be initialized by the incomingMissile EH.

Thanks for the response. I didn’t know the F22 has that feature, learn something new everyday. As for the missile launch warning, I’ll play around with it more tomorrow. While on that note, when I swapped the SA3s and their radars with SA10s and SA20s it worked fine. It might have been a random event today so I’ll try and come back to you with more information.

Just to be clear I tested a SITE as that's really the only way to get AI to behave as intended. 

If you randomly place an SA3 launcher it will still appear on your radar because they all require an active radar sensor to shoot, but the launcher sensors are severely truncated to around 1-3km to avoid SAM SPAM.  Sites are the only way to go.