Pook, you mention uploading the PLA SAM pack to Steam, buuuuut I think you might have not hit publish?
I'm not seeing it anywhere on Steam.

I know, I know, it's in the extras folder along with CUP, but just wondering if it was indeed pushed to Steam?

5 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Pook, you mention uploading the PLA SAM pack to Steam, buuuuut I think you might have not hit publish?
I'm not seeing it anywhere on Steam.

I know, I know, it's in the extras folder along with CUP, but just wondering if it was indeed pushed to Steam?

oops - published as "private"... fixed

Going to test some different randomization functions to address the site problems tonight.

• Like 1

I stumbled upon a bug it seems.

When you kill the Main Radar of the Sam Site the hole Site despawns will upload an video to night or tomorrow.

Also if you place AAA/Shorad's alone their fired munition explodes roght above them at about 100-200m of height.

Not a bug.  If you kill the main radar in the site, it will cause the site to despawn after a random length of time.

I thought I noticed the flak ammo going off early.

despawn timer was removed for testing; I didn't put it back :(  (to be fixed in next update)

targeted flak will detonate at the height and distance near targets.  untargeted flak will burst at around 250m altitude

On 10/2/2017 at 5:34 PM, Gonzalez89 said:

Another bug.

Noted.

22 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I think that find safe pos function is the culprit.  I'm going to do some testing tomorrow and if it succeeds I'll post an update.

Almost positive that function is breaking things.  I'm looking into the BIS randomPos function but I can't get it to work in the manner I wish, so vehicles may spawn on top of each other.  Still working on that.  Until I crack that nut, I am going to manually place the ancillary items that "safe pos" was going to do and work it from there.  At least that way I can guarantee the vehicles won't "stack up" on a single spot.

Teaser:  I'm also working out the bugs in the on-map radome AI script I'm working on.  I have an idea to make those enterable (in a manner of speaking), thus allowing players to enter a friendly radome for SA and visuals on air traffic.

• Like 2

Is it possible to enable the radars on the main radar of the spawn site?

I mean for the game they are basically offline when they should be online, This makes impossible to use HARM missiles that base it self on the game radar being online. Plus makes them more stealthy which is not the case right?!

It should be an extra 1 line in the code :)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableVehicleSensor

Thanks for the amazing mod!

10 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Almost positive that function is breaking things.  I'm looking into the BIS randomPos function but I can't get it to work in the manner I wish, so vehicles may spawn on top of each other.  Still working on that.  Until I crack that nut, I am going to manually place the ancillary items that "safe pos" was going to do and work it from there.  At least that way I can guarantee the vehicles won't "stack up" on a single spot.

Teaser:  I'm also working out the bugs in the on-map radome AI script I'm working on.  I have an idea to make those enterable (in a manner of speaking), thus allowing players to enter a friendly radome for SA and visuals on air traffic.

Might be interesting going for SHK to get a random pos?

12 hours ago, Gonzalez89 said:

Is it possible to enable the radars on the main radar of the spawn site?

I mean for the game they are basically offline when they should be online, This makes impossible to use HARM missiles that base it self on the game radar being online. Plus makes them more stealthy which is not the case right?!

Wrong.

The main radars are the fire control radars.  They are only active when the missile is in the air.  They control the missiles.  This is in sync with Real Life SAM practices.  One can find information on the Interweb (hint: ausairpower) about IADS survivability in the 1999 Bosnian Conflict to learn how legacy SA3 and SA6 systems survived the entire conflict by selective use of their targeting systems, causing severe pressure on the NATO forces which left the majority of these legacy systems intact.  The F117 stealth fighter that was shot down was by an SA3 using these "pop-up" tactics.

As to how well the behavior is integrated into the current iterations of the script remains to be seen.  I'm certain it can use more refinement.

The scripts were built to make them turn on the radar when a missile is fired, and then turn off the radar after the missile either dies or hits a target.

The EW radars are integrated so that if you destroy them the site will have to resort to secondary targeting systems, which means the site's engagement distance and skills will be severely diminished.  If we want to get technical, the EW radars should be several hundred meters to several miles away from the FCR and SAM batteries.

Wild Weasel missions are intended to purposely cause the enemy radar to engage, thus revealing their position and allowing them to be engaged with AR weapons.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Wrong.

Wild Weasel missions are intended to purposely cause the enemy radar to engage, thus revealing their position and allowing them to be engaged with AR weapons.

Wow Great Read... Thank you!

As for distance. I was able to lock on and fire Firewill's F-16c Harm from about 17Km from the Sam (by placing it manually!) so it's possible to hit them within the range

Question is how he made the missile work... 

Also his ECM's work great with your mod. Look like a great pair for flight!

Thank you again for this excelent mod!

On 10/2/2017 at 6:44 PM, ski2060 said:

I was having these Masts pop up on the small connector to a Peninsula on Altis

at this location

with the actual placement of both EWS at the following.  Making a triangle between the points.

The site spawner re-location issue appears to be fixed.  I'm going to upload the update soon.  I placed an SA10 site on that slope you point out on the W. side of the Altis island.  No re-located ancillary vehicles :)  The distance placement is kind of spotty, so the vehicles might spawn "too close" to the main site launchers.  Still it is better than before.

• Like 2

Dude, you rock!

I'll be doing a little more testing with the new update in vanilla Arma, then making a test map for my unit with all our mods.

With the above indication that Firewill's F16 and most likely other airframes working well with your pack, this may bring some much needed challenges to our pilots :D

Big maps here we come!

I'm still refining the jamming scripts.  Want to be sure the ECM works correctly  ;)

Also still working on the map radome script as well.  I think I can make them "capturable" whenever a site puts a new radome spawner in an area.  Not for "site capture" reasons but mostly to avoid duplicate radar population snafu's

OK the steam update is published.  Going to zip and upload the files for manual modders ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quick update -the OneDrive update to v5.1 failed to complete.  I just re-uploaded the 4 files so if you d/l them previously thinking they were 5.1, they weren't.  These are now synced up and the same as the Steam files.

Those radome spawners are working!  I have a bit more to add to them now that I have them on the map. 

radomes.jpg

These provide an AI “vehicle” that provide Early-Warning Radar (EWR) functionality for a SIDE.  They come in two types, 20km and 10km, and will automatically occupy all on-map radomes of the BIS variety (both large and small).  If a spawner is placed where there is overlap of already-occupied radomes, those will be removed in place of the new spawner, in the sense of a “capture and hold” replacement.  While the “capture and hold” game type is not intended to be supported, this does allow for simple clean-up of an area without conflicting AI entities.

• Like 2

Prior to the update, I noticed in the manual there was a mention of an SA-9, but could never find it.  Was that just from the A2 version?  Cuz I remember you having an SA-9 in your BRDM pack.

Also curious if there are SA-6's and SA-13's in the works....since you pretty much have every other Russian SAM system lol

It lives in the AFV pack.  I consider it redundant to duplicate the SA9 in this pack.  Other external SAM systems may be supported in the future.

Who put that door there?

radomes2.jpg

Or this one?

radomes3.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Pook,

Loving the pack. Been great for some of my missions.

First, how do I go about making my own site? When I place my own HAWK, Radar, EWR, control station, etc, they dont seem to track. Is placing a "site" require or is there a way to make my own?

Second, I am running into an error whenever a HAWK site shoots, I seem to get this popup.

D7C7933268FEC875392047D0F41E3D0C1F88CB8A

The special scripted site behavior only applies to sites you generate with the site spawned in Eden right now.  

You can place your own items down to make a site, but it will use standard Arma AI behaviors.  

If you use Eden to place your radars, you can designate them as datalink items so that they will send info to anything designated as a data receiver.  

Most of the launchers have a much longer range for acquisition and firing than vanilla units regardless of the site spawned scripts 

Recommend running w/script errors disabled :)

That popup is a known problem and will be corrected shortly, along w/ the radomes and ECM update as those have been tested and seem to be working w/o any issues.

As per The Guide, the site spawners are the only way to enjoy the extended scanning and AI control.

Also getting some reports of Zeus not behaving correctly.  It seems some scripts don't run correctly in Zeus.  While I took efforts to ensure everything is available in Zeus, some of the scripted behavior seems to fail to run.  This is either buggy Zeus behavior or some as-yet undiscovered limitation.  Regardless... I do not know how to address this buggy Zeus behavior and am open to suggestions.

Please post any problems/errors that are discovered here so I can look into them over this 3-day weekend!  ;)

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, ski2060 said:

I'll be doing a little more testing with the new update in vanilla Arma, then making a test map for my unit with all our mods.

Could you let me know which side "changed sides" on you?