Don't nerf - let the non-SEAD non-jamming noobs get slayed! :evil:

I actually found there was a problem.  It was inheriting some damage values that made the explosions over-powered and inescapable.  So that is improved now.  It is still extremely difficult to spoof and does considerable damage.  It is at what I think is a good balance, in favor of the SAM system.  The jamming scripts DO spoof them considerably and more so at distance.  Frame rate is (I think) considerably improved and should be an interesting challenge on the larger maps out to 150km.  Shout out to Raynor for the script improvement idea!  :)

SA-21 (wait did I say SA-21???) will reach out to 215km

sa20indirecttest2.jpg

• Like 6

Dangerous :don11:

Theres something oddly satisfying about flying around knowing you're about to get shot to the shit house 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hcpookie said:

SA-21 (wait did I say SA-21???) will reach out to 215km

1809691c4671.jpg
?

The pook_MIM104_PAC3_Base tracked and then fired 2 sam missiles at an enemy vehicle. This was the same I put down last time. I am able to duplicated the bug.

I tested some other sams and they did not fire at any of the assorted vehicles I had put down. I didn't try the soviet sams but the S2 used to shoot tanks as well as of last year.

I can confirm this "shoots at ground vehicles" behavior.  I am 99.9% certain it is because it was missing the Radar sensor values.  I am adding those values to all the vehicles so if they are ever standalone they will behave correctly.  This should be fixed in the upcoming update for all vehicles, not just the Patriot "standalone" system!

Regarding the MIM-23 site firing on their own men.  I found some config inheritance issues that was apparently placing the incorrect soldiers and this is most likely the cause of the friendly fire issues.  Those have been corrected so each side places their correct faction's support crew.  Therefore - if anyone has reports of any other type of site creating friendly fire incidents please let me know so I can verify they are now fixed!

• Like 3

@hcpookie How are you able to see that long trails? :/ mine disappears really fast and smoke from rocket has like 100m. All visibility settings highest.

First off awesome mod, I absolutely love it!  Have it be a special operations objective or my fixed wing aviation missions this is awesome.

I read through you manual almost cover to cover but an having difficulty using ARMs.  I am unable to get them to target at all.  Specifically I am operating Firewills F-16C and F-16D models and using the HTS pod for the AGM-88s for SEAD/DEAD missions.  Is there an updated version of the manual to 4.3 or am I doing something wrong?  They keybinds I am seeing dictated in the manual do not seem to work.  

Anything helps, thanks!

ARMs are all being redone so all the current public info is moot although I can't say how other people have done their mods so who knows.

In other news.  Working on making the Early Warning radars useful on the sites, and viable targets for Wild Weasel missions.  The P-19 - the correct EW radar for SA3 sites.

P19.jpg

• Like 5

Very cool!  Any chance of seeing the Straight Flush radar for the SA-11?  Or are those only used with the SA-6's?

EDIT:  nvm, SA-6 uses the straight flush, not the SA-11

Pookie, are you going to be keeping the extended engagement ranges, sensors and weapon targeting for your mod?
I notice that a lot of the mod makers are sticking with the very shortened Radar and weapon ranges to mesh with the "armaverse".  Such that most vehicles are still stuck with 16Km radars instead of having anyhting longer ranged for their games.

I would love to see your stuff stay long range.

IF Bohemia releases VBS4/Arma 4 with the procedurally generated real world aspect then Pook's SAM sites will be mandatory for all mission builders to setup real ADZ's to deny access with enemy air assets. As much as I like the concept of having realistic long range engagements; it just doesn't seem right with the current map sizes.

• Like 1

Oboronexpo2014part2-27.jpg

@hcpookie

do you ever plan on porting that ballistic missiles pack you made to A3? it was really cool and would be useful in the game. also, do you plan on adding the S-300V tracked launchers to this pack?

On 6/19/2017 at 9:04 AM, Nichols said:

IF Bohemia releases VBS4/Arma 4 with the procedurally generated real world aspect then Pook's SAM sites will be mandatory for all mission builders to setup real ADZ's to deny access with enemy air assets. As much as I like the concept of having realistic long range engagements; it just doesn't seem right with the current map sizes.

Well as far as the radars in my SAM pack, they are simulating real world values.

OOPS:   SA10/20/21 uses values that were published as MILES instead of KM.  SA21 isn't 215km, it is 215 MILES... 400km.  Fixed in next build. 

Is there a 400km map?  Not yet.  There ARE 200km maps however.  I like you all secretly guess, of course, that a game with a JETS addon will of course eventually have those big-huge maps.

The "issue" if you can call it such is that SA20, SA21, etc. have minimum engagement ranges of several km.  MEANING on a "normal" sized map like Utes or Chernarus you only get half coverage on the map.  SA2/SA3 is even worse with a 4-6km minimum!!! engagement zone. 

I'm still deciding whether to reduce the minimums so that they will be able to function on "normal" sized maps.

• Like 3

Also - all the attention I've been giving the S300/400 family warranted a correct set of vehicles for the different radar assemblies.

96L6 (foreground) NATO: "Cheese Board"  Early Warning/detection radar for the S-400 (SA-21) system.  The 30N6/30N6E2/92N6 (NATO: Flap Lid, Tomb Stone, Grave Stone) fire control radars on the 40V6M universal mobile mast just like the 76N6 "Clam Shell" EW radar does.  These are the fire control radars for SA10,SA20, SA21, respectively.  This mast mount reduces ground clutter, making longer range engagements at low altitude possible.  Same as their vehicular counterparts as far as the central fire control radar.  Destroy them, the site goes "cold"

96_L6.jpg

To the left, the SA-20 fire control radar, the 30N6E2 (NATO: Tomb Stone).  To the right, the SA-21 fire control radar, the 92N6E (NATO: Grave Stone).  Visual indicators are the array face and the vehicle cab.

92_N6.jpg

• Like 2

Sexy, more stuff to blow me outta the sky.  Is the SA-8 you were working on gonna make an appearance with the rest of these goodies, or is that back burner?

Have you considered putting this on Steam Workshop? I'd love to use this for my unit but we only use Steam Workshop mods for ease of installation.

22 minutes ago, Fros7bite said:

Have you considered putting this on Steam Workshop? I'd love to use this for my unit but we only use Steam Workshop mods for ease of installation.

Hmmmm, I have never heard of that. I don't think that's a thing.

Has anyone else heard of this "Steam Workshop" thing?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ArmaFiend said:

Hmmmm, I have never heard of that. I don't think that's a thing.

Has anyone else heard of this "Steam Workshop" thing?

The Steam Workshop has always been a great place for discovering community-made mods, maps, and items for a variety of games.

Steam Community :: Steam Workshop

Looking good Pookie!

So, are you still using full scripted systems for your site engagement parameters?
If you are using the Dev build in any capacity you probably already know that they have settings to allow targeting through a data link sending unit.

Can't wait to see this new build. I really want to get it into rotation for my unit to provide a new facet to our games.

19 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Well as far as the radars in my SAM pack, they are simulating real world values.

OOPS:   SA10/20/21 uses values that were published as MILES instead of KM.  SA21 isn't 215km, it is 215 MILES... 400km.  Fixed in next build. 

Is there a 400km map?  Not yet.  There ARE 200km maps however.  I like you all secretly guess, of course, that a game with a JETS addon will of course eventually have those big-huge maps.

The "issue" if you can call it such is that SA20, SA21, etc. have minimum engagement ranges of several km.  MEANING on a "normal" sized map like Utes or Chernarus you only get half coverage on the map.  SA2/SA3 is even worse with a 4-6km minimum!!! engagement zone. 

I'm still deciding whether to reduce the minimums so that they will be able to function on "normal" sized maps.

If you're going for realism, it should go both ways :p

Plus having a minimum range gives use to your SHORAD units as well as vanilla A3 AA units.

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

Looking good Pookie!

So, are you still using full scripted systems for your site engagement parameters?
If you are using the Dev build in any capacity you probably already know that they have settings to allow targeting through a data link sending unit.

Can't wait to see this new build. I really want to get it into rotation for my unit to provide a new facet to our games.

This feature seems to be available since the 1.72 main branch update

Tweaked: It is now possible to mark Data Link targets using remote sensors

Would definitely love to see data link support, it would open up many interesting scenarios.

7 hours ago, Fros7bite said:

we only use Steam Workshop mods for ease of installation.

That is a real shame because if you and your "unit" would take the 15 minutes to figure how to really install mods you'd have a much richer gaming experience.  Steam is making idiots of us all.

• Like 2