Thanks for the update . Do you plan to introduce in the future something like SAM Site Control Center?

IMPROVED:  Added clarification to ARM script instructions in the Guide

I am liking the sound of this.  I got it to work thx.

Thanks for the update . Do you plan to introduce in the future something like SAM Site Control Center?

That isn't part of my mod, that is part of Mando's mod from Arma 2.  You're welcome to enjoy my mod as it is now.  I'm not taking requests for new features at this time.

IMPROVED:  Added clarification to ARM script instructions in the Guide

I am liking the sound of this as I am still not able to fit your missles to a plane. 

The instructions are copy/paste in the latest PDF Guide.  Sorry I can't help with your problem.  Good luck.

OK.  Upload complete.  1GB worth of files, so I split them into 3 PARTS.  Download in same place as before... see first post :)

Guide updated as well, and is available as a direct download in the same spot

• Like 2

Big Bird was technically there before, as the 91N6.  The 91N6 is an upgrade if the 64N6.  The 64N6 is the "typical" radar associated with that name.  There has been no new NATO designation assigned to the 91N6 so far.  The 64N6 and 91N6 appear to be visually identical on the outside, while the important stuff is equipment and electronics upgrades that you can't see.  Of course the new 3D model has more detail and looks nicer than my original model I built for the 91N6 :)

The Russians don't make it easy to figure this stuff out (surprise surprise) so it gets tricky trying to determine which radar does what and goes where. The use of the S-300 name for EVERYTHING in the series also doesn't help.  Which is why I haven't modeled the SA-21 yet.  I intend in the future to get more details about the SA-10, SA-20 and SA-21 figured out in order to be able to model more variations.  Which should make the use ECM scripts more interesting.  Of course being on the receiving end you likely won't notice a difference :)

Lol true. Will DL and check it out. Was hoping you could use it... And you didn't let me down :-)

A small update this morning - nothing to be alarmed about - the optional CUP and PLA faction PBO's are now available as a SEPARATE download.  They were included in the main download yesterday.  So if you have already downloaded them, you'll see them in the @POOK folder, and depending on your use of the CUP and PLA factions, may need to be removed from the @POOK folder.  You'll know because you'll get that "you cannot play this mod" popup :)

• Like 1

Hi Pook, didn't see the new Radar in the pack ? Is it configured under OpFor AAF SAM's ?

Cheers

Found under “Structures†> “Air Defense – SAMâ€

• Like 2

Found it... Looks Great. So glad to get this into game finally !

Do you think you'll add the Tractor unit ?

Will it be configured as part of a SAM Site ?

I've managed to add the ALARM missile to the F/A-18 mod, but cannot select them to fire. I used the addWeapon and addMagazine syntax to the plane's init. They show up on the model, but are not delectable.

Just now confirmed it works.  Just follow the (2) instructions.  Assuming of course you are naming the aircraft "veh1".  You could name it anything and it would certainly work.

1.  Add this:

this addweapon "pook_SAM_ALARM_Launcher"; this addmagazine "pook_SAM_ALARMx2";

-- or --

this addweapon "pook_SAM_Kh25MP_Launcher"; this addmagazine "pook_SAM_Kh25MPx2";

2. Add the actions:

veh1 addAction ["ARM - Activate ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetect.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHover","veh1 GetVariable ['ELS_Active', 0] == 0"];  
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Indirect Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarEngage.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHoverCancel","veh1 GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"];  
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Cancel ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarCancel.sqf","",5,false,true,"LockTarget","veh1 GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"];
veh1 addAction ["ARM – Secondary Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetectandFire.sqf","",5,false,true,"veh1 GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"];

I did notice that in my haste to make the screen shot the syntax of the SCREENSHOT is incorrect... notice it should be "pook_SAM_ALARM_Launcher" and not "pook_ALARM_Launcher".  That's what I get for trying to make screenshots.  However the instructions are correct ;)  Here's a new screenshot...

saminstructions.jpg

• Like 1

Guess what, Hcpookie... someone is posting your SAM Pack for you (camonets included)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767845575&searchtext=

The steamworkshop dylemma: if you don´t post your mod there, somebody definatly will do it for you (without permition, of course ;)

Cheers!

The radar trailer is towed by a huge beast of a tractor. Can't remember the designation hut it's an awe inspiring bit of kit

Whats a Tractor unit?

The vehicle that tows the missiles, like the BAZ-5937 or the GM chassis used on the 2k22 

You've never heard of a semi-tractor trailer?  Aka semi truck?  Aka diesel truck?  Wow.  "The big trucks" lol. 

Also I have filed a claim on Steam for my mod being illegally uploaded.  Awaiting their reply.  I'm told it takes at least a week for it to get processed.

hcpookie, is there any way you can make the smoke optional?

I'm using ace smoke particles to have a bit more cover in combat but it absolutely covers the trucks in smoke for minutes at a time.

And i think i don't have the camo netting but the pack still works. I thought it was dependant on the camo nets?

Other than that, loving your work <3

No.  Smoke based on RL footage.  Actually smoke should last longer.  Which vehicle specifically are you working with?

I'll get back to you about that. can't check arma atm but mostly anything that shoots a rocket :p

and i definitely understand where you're coming from though

S300 launcher object disappears when you over 200 meters away from it.