That base damage stuff is what fucks up my SAM missiles.  All the indirect damage stuff is broken because of it.  Which is why people report SA20 missiles are ineffective vs. a C130.  This is still something I'm working on finding a solution to fix "once for all" in spite of these out-of-band values.

I am using Real Armor mod myself and it really equalizes MOST of the assets. If you load RHS AFTER Real Armor, it buffs up a lot of values and makes for very prolonged armor to armor or anti-armor battles. Better than Vanilla but sometimes you wonder why it takes so many rocket strikes to take down anything.

Hey Pookie

Do you remember a long time ago I've reported two bugs here

How is their status?

1. Put a Darter in mid-air (or other UAVs) and spawn a SAM site and let it fully deploy.

Now try to lock the Darter camera by using the shortcut key (I think ctrl+T) on one of AA units like radar or launchers.

Then you will see that Darter cam goes away from the target and locks on somewhere irrelevant. I think it's because something is wrong with units parameters as a target individually. (You know I use Darters in my TGP mod as self-lazing device for guided munitions)

2. Failed to fire casual planes ammunitions (didn't try choppers) at a site; like cannon or rockets.

After firing, bullets or rockets explodes just 2m ahead of the jet like it's hitting an invisible wall.

These two problems sometimes make a pilot unable to attack those sites.

#1 - no idea.  Sounds like normal behavior.  You cannot lock the vehicles up in the "causal gaming" fashion of TAB to lock, which is the point.  AI locks vehicles when the vehicle engine is on.  We all know this is how the game works.  These vehicles never turn on their engines.  I would assume that the darter ?  or whatever UAV vehicle will use the BIS "AI" system which in the past has been how they are controlled.  This sounds like expected behavior.

Therefore you MUST use an anti-radiation missile, or unguided ordnance such as rockets, dumb bombs, clusters, etc. to destroy them.  The USAF pack HARM, my ALARM as seen on my EF2000, or the Russian Kh-25 MP (which is coming in this next release) will be the anti-radiation missiles that will be able to employ the special targeting solution to attack the radar targets.

Frankly I'd be surprised you can fly a UAV close enough to them.  The SAM sites target ANY air vehicle that isn't friendly.  I would never expect a UAV overflight of a SAM site to work to be honest :)

#2 sounds like the invisible SAM target (for proximity fusing) is being struck by the ordnance.  My testing (so far) has shown that you can shoot "out" of the target with no problems.  Perhaps something has changed.  I'll take a peek at the proximity target behavior.

#1 - no idea.  Sounds like normal behavior.  You cannot lock the vehicles up in the "causal gaming" fashion of TAB to lock, which is the point ...

The thing is I'm not talking about "Tab to lock" thing for targeting and firing. There is a function in arma3 which allows UAVs to lock their camera view on the ground or every other thing in the game like vehicles (engine status doesn't matter) , building, soldiers and etc ... and track their movements and it's not just for enemy units. Try it with a friendly UAV on other things then against SAM sites to get what I meant.

I think for an object in the game there is a specified point to get that kind of lock because for example you can't get a cam tracking lock to a soldier head and follow his head because as soon as pressing the shortcut key camera jumps to his chest and tracks it. This jump or/and that imaginary locking point is the problem with your units.

Camera jumps and lock to somewhere else!!!

#1 - no idea.

Are there any specific vehicles or are they only in the sites?  I have ran the disableAI command on parts so perhaps that breaks the UAV targeting.

Consider-  the radar emissions near a SAM site are pretty high.  Perhaps the UAV's can't lock due to EM interference ;)

Perhaps the UAV's can't lock due to EM interference ;)

Really?!!  :D It's a basic game element.

I'll be more specific next time.

Hey, great work on this addon! It is probably by FAR the best AA addon I've seen on the A3 Modding community. I am not sure if you got this error already but the most recent A3 update broke some of the engine sounds for the vehicles. Also, is it normal for most of the content to not be spawned in by zeus?

Really?!!  :D It's a basic game element.

I'll be more specific next time.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with that last statement.  Yes it is a basic game element (I assume you mean the "tab to lock" feature) which is what I am referring to... targeting these in-game is limited on purpose.  Either use direct attack munitions like dumb bombs, precision guided munitions (GPS/INS lock etc) or "as designed", the anti-radiation homing missiles such as the AGM-88 HARM (or soon to be available the Kh-25 MP aka AS-12 Russian HARM).

I am only guessing that "why" this UAV feature (which I have never tested BTW) is failing is due to the fact the vehicles are engine-off on purpose.  I cannot be more specific than that.  If so then it is "by design" and the aforementioned alternative attacks will have to be performed.  I can guarantee the use of the ARM targeting scripts, so if your plane is equipped with an ARM missile then it will destroy the target radar "vehicle" so long as the flight parameters are met... e.g. high enough so the missile isn't affected by ground clutter or barricades, within 10km, and the enemy radar is "active".  AND your plane is equipped with the HARM.  The Kh-25 MP will be available after this next update.

edit to add that some of the early-warning radars are actually "house" objects as they have no "crew" so to speak.  The destruction of EW radars will in most cases limit the launchers' abilities to some extent.  Some more than others.  Range is usually limited, as is skill.  Most all modernized SAM systems have fallback optical/NVG tracking solutions, so removal of an EW radar doesn't completely "blind" the launcher nor completely lock their abilities.  Just makes them "dumber" for the purposes of the game.

This is a really nice Addon, good Job.

I'm trying to integrate it into a warfare (capture the island) mission as base defense for the two opposing player-controlled side bases. The SAM pack will definitely elevate defense to another level!

I've run into some issues:

1. When using PAC-2 (and some other launchers), without using indirect hit feature (no SAM_targetMIM), missiles are prone to close misses. Vanilla titan AA missiles (and most other missiles i've tested) would explode if they don't score a direct hit a few meters next to the target. My current working solution is to tune up the missile's abilities so much it's near impossible to outmaneuver them, but thats not so much fun of course.

2. When using indirect hit feature with PAC-2 and SAM_targetMIM, missiles explode in front of the target and do no damage (quickly verifiable for example against a stationary Taru). Tried tuning the config values indirectHit and indirectHitRange without success.

3. The counter missile target is seen very late (tested in a Wipeout vs Pantsir situation) and cant be targeted as human gunner with missiles and "next target in vehicle". I see the missile optically faster than the target appears.

4. In another test case when I'm able to shoot down the CM target, it is in my target list but when i shoot it, i count as Teamkiller. I don't remember how to reproduce it right now but can try again.

5. In a Wipeout vs Pantsir situation, AI wont shoot countermissiles on their own, they engage the plane though. Even when i bring the plane out of the Pantsir's radar after firing from 4km, the Pantsir always dies.

6. AN/MPQ is not lockable by a AH-99 DAGR missiles (and others), while the SNR-75 radar is (+all other russian radars i've tested).

From skimming this thread I've seen u're already working on indirect hit problems already, wasn't sure it if's the same problems though, so I posted them.

I can deliver a test case mission for each of them if needed.

Some minor issues I've noticed, but no real problems:

- The SNR-125 Engagement radar should have a radome, but it hasn't.

- The classname for the SNR-125 Engagement radar is missing in the guide (pook_SA3_radar_base)

- Some objects automatically spawn support stuff around them (vehicle covers, radars, ..). This is nice for fast mission creation but for a deeper integration into a mission like I do, this causes the need to edit the respective scripts. Variants with/without support objects would be nice.

- Killing a single SNR-75 radar causes a script error "Error Undefined variable in expression: _samradar" in pook_P12\data\scripts\SNR75_killed.sqf, line 2

P.S. Reportedly, Russia stationed S-400s in the Crimea recently, where's the POOK model? :D

P.S.2 I've investigated this apparent "EM interference". Tested lasing with the Darter UAV, managed to lock a laser ("lock UAV turret" to be precise, CTRL-T by default afaik) on a AN/MPQ radar and kill it with laserguided missiles. But should also work without turret lock when a friendly player operates the UAV.

Are you saying you are modifying the files?  That's in violation of the EULA for this addon.  From the Guide:

DISCLAIMER
-  New models based on Arma1/Arma2 sample models; therefore you are bound by the sample model EULA restrictions.   
-  This mod is ONLY for use with BIS games!
You are not allowed to decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise derive content from this addon.
-  You are free to enjoy it in its original form in accordance with the BIS EULA!   
-  No one may charge for, or receive financial compensation for use of, or access to, any part of this addon in any way or form,
including “perkâ€-based access, and especially no use is permitted on "life" servers.

Oh sorry, must've missed that part... :unsure:  I guess I can still make it work without modifications.

Are you still interested in addressing the mentioned issues?

I was a 14J air deffence coordinator and worked A. an-mpq64/a1 radar. I have been going the spawn and linkage scripts in home of creating my own AANetwork for use in a private end type missio, for me and my buddy's. Would the creation of a script to spawn assets and linking the to the radar for fire in your opion be against the EULA. I have no intention in repackagingAA sites or distribution.

I'm intrigued when you say "network".  Curious what exactly you're trying to accomplish?

Update is imminent.  I'm going to do one final pass on the in-game vehicles to make sure they don't have any lingering problems and then I'll upload most likely late afternoon.  I am adding the "check" for the 3D editor so that the "spawn in the editor screen" issue for the sites should be addressed.  Thanks to the CUP support team for pointing me in the right direction!  :)

There are perhaps three "most significant" improvements I can't wait to share:

- Missile Speed.  All of the missiles now travel at real-world speeds posted in public references.  No more "mach-8" missiles :)  This may come as a surprise but the SA20 missiles were actually traveling too slow and have also been fixed :)

- Missile Damage.  The missiles were not properly utilizing the damage effects settings to transfer damage to the target.  This has been corrected.  Whether it will fix the RHS-specific damage model issues remains to be seen.  The values are CORRECT for default missile performance and should have no problems killing targets that utilize the conventional damage models.

- Default factions are now supported. 

In order to accommodate non-CUP factions (such as RHS and VME) I had to remove the CUP references and utilize a "vanilla" faction model.  BE WARNED - the primary focus for me is still the CUP factions, therefore vanilla faction models may be limited in camo variations that may not complement the default faction camo schemes.  If you have read the Guide, it should go without saying I have no plans to further develop the vanilla factions other than for compatibility and bug fixes.

Since I cannot abide the "bug eye soldier" models, I introduced the OPFOR faction units under a new "AAF" OPFOR faction.  These are simply copies of the AAF faction soldiers assigned with a new "side" value, nothing more.  They look like AAF soldiers because they are copies of AAF soldiers, with the assignment of "SIDE 0" aka "OPFOR".

This "dedicated" faction model may be developed in the future to support FAP units, RHS units, etc. in the same fashion as CUP is now supported.  A dedicated VME PLA faction offering is already in development.

Fixes.

I've been tracking all of the reported issues and problems. 

The only issue that one person (ever) has reported is the exploding ammo when firing from a plane.  This cannot be reproduced, and therefore cannot be fixed until it can be reproduced and identified.

All other known / reported issues have been addressed.  Change log below...

NEW - MIM-23 HAWK battery and support units.  The HAWK battery site spawner is also present.  :)

V4.1:  8/16/2016

• FIX: no entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerW'
  • FIX: no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/pook_SA2_Decoy.side'
  • FIX: MAZ 7910 truck faction entries and cargo scripts
  • FIX: ChDKZ SA-2 SAM site spawn errors
  • FIX: Site cleanup script reliance upon now-deprecated BIS “HeliHEmpty†marker
  • FIX: Syntax error for incomingRWR.sqf documentation
  • FIX: Adding missing components to the geometry LODs of 5P85 (SA-10) launch vehicles
  • FIX: S60 gunner “die†animations
  • FIX: SA-11 / SA-17 missile flame effects
  • FIX: Removed duplicate targeting data from SA-10, SA-20, NASANS, MIM-104 scripts
  • FIX: Corrected ZU-23 magazine capacity to simulate real world values of 40 round belts
  • FIX: Corrected ZSU-23-4 magazine capacity to simulate real world values of 200 rounds (4x 50rnd belts)
  • FIX: Visual errors on generator support unit model
  • FIX: SA-20 SHORAD spawn state (_aaa variable error)
  • FIX: AAA proximity fuses now engage at target’s altitude instead of a fixed height
  • FIX: Correct penetration RVMAT on all surfaces
  • FIX: Indirect damage impact for missiles
  • FIX: 2S6 (SA-19) 3D model errors
  • FIX: Corrected  9K332 (SA-15-M2) magazine count from 8 to 16
  • FIX: Rampart heights on sites
  • IMPROVED: Corrected ballistic coefficient on missiles ("airFriction" value)
  • IMPROVED: Changed ‘DefaultEventHandlers’ references to ‘EventHandlers’ to address mod cross-compatibility issues
  • IMPROVED: Optimization of missile effects scripts to address potential lag issues
  • IMPROVED: SA22 engagement values to favor cannon at shorter ranges
  • IMPROVED: ZSU-23-4-M4 engagement values to favor cannon at shorter ranges
  • IMPROVED: Shell ejection drop behavior now ejects the spent shells with directional velocity
  • IMPROVED: Shell ejection effects for cannons and AAA artillery
  • IMPROVED: KS-12 and KS-19 recoil and shell effects
  • IMPROVED: Increased brightness on tracer effects
  • IMPROVED: AAA Airburst visual effects, audio effects, and damage values
  • NEW: Reorganized vehicle classes with new “SHORAD†category.  SHORAD vehicles possess counter-missile capabilities
  • NEW: Reorganized factions to accommodate non-CUP mods such as RHS, etc.  CUP faction is now optional.
  • NEW: Vehicles now configured with PhysX properties
  • NEW: Kh-25MP (AS-12) anti-radiation missile for Soviet-heritage loadouts
  • NEW: New missile exhaust smoke plume effects on static launchers for SA-2, SA-3, MIM-104, SA-10, SA-20, NASAMs static
  • NEW: New missile exhaust smoke effects on mobile launchers for NASAMS mobile, SA-11, SA-17, SA-15, SA-19, SA-22, MEADS
  • NEW: Config changes for Zeus and Arsenal compatibility (I hope); Editor preview pics for all vehicles
  • NEW: Muddy reddish-textured ramparts
  • NEW: 91N6 (NATO: “Big Birdâ€) early warning radar for SA-20
  • NEW: MIM-23 HAWK SAM system, supporting radar, and control vehicles
  • NEW: ZU-23 “modernized upgrade†version with integrated MANPAD launcher
  • KNOWN ISSUE: Soldiers yelling "out of ammo" when disembarking vehicles even when they have a full complement of ammo
  • KNOWN ISSUE: Soldiers reporting "out of fuel" on some vehicles. This is due to scripting solutions required for proper operation of the stationary launchers.  These reports can be ignored... just chatty AI
  • KNOWN ISSUE:  ZU-23-4 (Shilka) M4 doesn't expel smoke rounds.  This appears to be a Shilka model problem and is being researched
  • Like 5

HAWK is great!

ZU-23 ammo count in real world is 2 boxes of 50x23mm = 100 Rounds

I used to be a ZU-23 operator in army.

• Like 1

Awesome update Pookie!

So, with the removal of CUP factions as mandatory with RHS etc as variants... does that mean SAM PACK dependencies are only CUP Vehicles and Weapons now?

Or are dependencies only CUP Vehicles?

Awesome update Pookie!

So, with the removal of CUP factions as mandatory with RHS etc as variants... does that mean SAM PACK dependencies are only CUP Vehicles and Weapons now?

Or are dependencies only CUP Vehicles?

CUP is no longer a requirement.  I cannot be more plain than that.

Sorry man, sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.  I think my pilots shall be in some trouble soonish :D

Version 4.1 released.  Please see first page for details.

• Like 3

Thanks for the release. Great piece of work. May helicopters explode and planes crash into the ground!