Just a headsup: Firewill is about to release his Eagle pack (F-15C/D/E&K) and update his missile box (for F-16C, F-2 and F-14 D), which will be fully compactible with POOK´s SAMs... we will be up to some nasty SAM vs SEAD fights, yay!

Happy Hollidays, chaps! ;)

• Like 1

pook this guy has 5 posts, just look away man

You guys act like I was being an asshole here. All I did was make a simple request that he could say no to and perhaps explain why, or just take a little extra time and maybe a few others would enjoy the change I offered as well. I just asked for the static Pac-3. That's the one thing I really wanted. If possible, a wheeled Patriot would also be nice. Don't you think if I knew how to make mods, I would have made my own version of this with everything I wanted? I just wanted a Pac-3 static, is that too much to ask for? 

whatacunt

Look.

I am not adding this shit as it is outside of my scope for this mod.  Period.  You obviously have NO IDEA how difficult it is to add anything.  If you did you'd have STFU a few posts back.  I am trying to be polite here, as is Egg.  He simply said "YES IT IS A FUCKING CHORE TO ADD NEW THINGS" without saying that.  You need to take your 7 posts and show a bit of consideration... I'm currently NOT modding because I'm answering these questions.  MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Like 2

Just ignore everyone that has < 15 posts, lol.

I found something interesting, Bombs seem to be able to lock onto the PAC 3 site without a laser designation (i only tested this on Firewills F16 and 15) Might try the USAF mod 

Just ignore everyone that has < 15 posts, lol.

After doing a bit of drinking this Christmas eve I realize we're being trolled LOL

I found something interesting, Bombs seem to be able to lock onto the PAC 3 site without a laser designation (i only tested this on Firewills F16 and 15) Might try the USAF mod

that is more likely down to your bombs than pooks mod.

If you use ace it probably turns off auto locking of iron bombs.

Any class vehicle can generally be locked if u dont use ACE. If it has no engine on you may need to point at it (likely a grey box on your radar) and the right click to reveal and lock it.

This works for an amazing veriety of potential targets including houses and men and animals and so on.

Verious air weapon and plane modders make different settings about what can be targeted this way.

Im not sure pook set anything special in the configs to enable you to lock them.

In unsung mod we set every vehicle to irtarget=0

And every bomb to irlock=0

But we set the radar vehicles to lasertarget=1

And certain munitions to laserlock=1

To simulate radar acquisition

Since those days pook has refined the approach somewhat

In unsung mod we set every vehicle to irtarget=0

And every bomb to irlock=0

But we set the radar vehicles to lasertarget=1

And certain munitions to laserlock=1

To simulate radar acquisition

Since those days pook has refined the approach somewhat

I see, so because the radar can see the plane the plane can pinpoint the radars source?  That makes sense.  

Well the new radar hunting system is quite different, works much better and beyond visual range x3 much like the sam sites. The unsung version was an easy solution as we needed to turn of basic locking of nva tanks etc by iron bombs and napalm for that era, but keep the ability to target shilka radar with a gbu8 or a shrike missile. All very approximate but its a game eh.

Pooks sam pack takes this functionality to the next level.

People asking for changes like adding wheels or giving them their personal choice of kit used outside of correct site array functions seem to miss the huge amount of effort that went into this design process (and testing and refinement we did on our server over a year)

This pack adds something to the game that nobody made before. Pook is a genius.

• Like 2

Pook is a genius.

No he's not.  He's an asshole!  :p

• Like 2

Well the new radar hunting system is quite different, works much better and beyond visual range x3 much like the sam sites. The unsung version was an easy solution as we needed to turn of basic locking of nva tanks etc by iron bombs and napalm for that era, but keep the ability to target shilka radar with a gbu8 or a shrike missile. All very approximate but its a game eh.

Well as I understand it the AI "sees" a vehicle when the engine is on.  That's my understanding... which is why none of these vehicles in my mod start their engines for anything.  In fact they have AI disabled in the sites so they don'[t try to drive away or anything like that.  So.... in theory... that means that pilots won't be able to lock up the vehicles "normal" unless they do the cursor "lock on aimpoint" which at present I can't think of the command... I have that mapped to one of my joystick buttons.  :)   So unless you rocket/cluster/bomb/ or otherwise directly attack the vehicles after the radar vehicle is destroyed, in theory you should have a difficult time finding them.  Of course when they shoot at you, you can see their smoke trailes :)   

YOu know I can type wrose when I'm drinki8ng :)  LOL

• Like 1

Pook, you are amazing.
I'm gonna go get shot down some more, so thank you very much for bringing this to A3.
Starting jumping up and down in my seat a little bit when I saw it on the forums.

Also, you and eggbeast are doing a great job handling the criticism. Keep it up, you guys have done a great job in my books. Love to see some more.

Just a headsup: Firewill is about to release his Eagle pack (F-15C/D/E&K) and update his missile box (for F-16C, F-2 and F-14 D), which will be fully compactible with POOK´s SAMs... we will be up to some nasty SAM vs SEAD fights, yay!

Happy Hollidays, chaps! ;)

That's VERY cool! I'll have to look for that and see how it works out!  B)

I've been busy over the holidays trying to get some Unsung stuff working and OMG is it a royal pain making everything work "all over again" porting from A2 to A3.  So the missile speeds haven't been given much attention.  Now that I understand a bit more about adding physx to vehicles I still don't want to do it! LOL  So I will likely focus on the missile performance and the fixes for the next release and leave it be.

• Like 1

fuller at usaf mod is also adding your arm functions to his planes

Once i release the missilebox im hoping lots more planes will carry working ARMs

I'm excited for Firewills EA-18G, that will be interesting against your SAM's  

New mod v4.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey hcpookie , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Watch the patriot missile defense against 4 Sukhoi jets. Great mod!

Have you figured out how to fix the engine sounds on the vehicles? 

Have you figured out how to fix the engine sounds on the vehicles? 

Yes.  I have to add Physx code and 3D model updates to all the models.  I am unwilling to pursue that at this time as that is literally weeks, if not months, worth of test/implement/retest.  Adding the physx for the Unsung M113's has sapped my willpower to do much more modelling, ever, for Arma3.  I spent literally 60+ hours just to get the damn APC's to drive correctly.  Multiply that x all the vehicles in this mod and you start to appreciate the fact my bullshit meter is pretty full at present. 

I still want to fix the "no air friction" issues with the missiles, however.  I am more focused on making the Vietnam-era stuff work for Unsung at present.

• Like 2

Is it possible to optimize the mod? For me personally it causes too much lag

I spent literally 60+ hours just to get the damn APC's to drive correctly.  Multiply that x all the vehicles in this mod and you start to appreciate the fact my bullshit meter is pretty full at present. 

Damn, i don't think i want to know lol :)

Maybe take a few weeks off of modeling to get back the energy? Usually works with things you get tired of 

Is it possible to optimize the mod? For me personally it causes too much lag

I have no lag on my system... only thing I find is a slight tick when a site spawns, but it can barely be noticed. 

Could you be more specific?  I can't troubleshoot "it doesn't work" :) 

• Like 1