Had my first go with this mod today. Wohaa flying in arma is 1000 times harder now. Really impressed with the range of the s300 system. When I did manage to knock out the central radar with a blazing gun run. As soon as I climbed the pantsir shot me from the sky.

Great mod many thanks.

towards all these whiners around here STFU

Is this common language here? Thread Starter and others to tell everyone to shut the fuck up here who have some points on this mod? If you dont want a discussion on your mod or ideas to get more people playing it and only some people to worship your mod you should close this thread and get some stars (or not) on armaholic.

• Like 1

Is this common language here? Thread Starter and others to tell everyone to shut the fuck up here who have some points on this mod? If you dont want a discussion on your mod or ideas to get more people playing it and only some people to worship your mod you should close this thread and get some stars (or not) on armaholic.

Dude.  WORSHIP ME!  LOL

By all means I am open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.  I simply want it to be correct and valid w/ realistic behavior.  I couldn't give a rat's ass (I don't have any rat asses in a jar, btw) whether people "like" it or "star" it or not... that's not what I'm here for!  ;)  Information and feedback from former operators of the equipment is fundamental to helping me make it "correct".  I don't want this to be a star-wars-laserbeam mod after all ;)

I think people are getting fed up with the sophomoric attitude that many people have brought to the forums along the lines of  "I want it to work with my mod and you must change it or your mod sucks or I won't be a follower"   ... like it is a facebook contest to see how many people "like" it.  This is all coming from someone who has been on the forums since it started (look at my join date).  Stuff like that is what sets me off.  Frankly I have went off on other discussion topics as of late... and was correctly chastised by the admins for it.  However I do get a little torqued when people come across as "demanding" whether they intend to or not.  Unfortunately the way of the Internets seems to be trending toward more "twitter likes" communication than actual time spent to communicate the exact point!  People just need to spend the time to "say what they mean" instead of little sound bites.

I suspect many of the "rant" people are just lazy typists, however the point is that I simply have no patience (and apparently neither do others!) for seemingly arrogant "demands" placed on mod makers.  To the point that I am pretty much convinced I will not be importing many more, if any, of my other mods into A3.  I just don't feel like being verbally punished for trying to enjoy my hobby.  I admit I am rather thin skinned and don't do well with NEGATIVE criticisms.  Life is simply too short!

So let's all of us just enjoy the damn mod!  :D

• Like 1

he didn't deserve a reply pook. let us overlook people like that. save your energy.

right im gonna get that missilebox ported after this weekend - had op on my shoulder today so am just playin and chattin atm.

im gonna ask pickle to use his mg sounds etc in the port, and have a look at the vanilla explosions unless any fx mods can be found that i can use and make a requirement...

im enjoying dipping my toes in A3 again to see what some people have made, but i still HATE HATE HATE the inventory system.  it's way too fussy for a combat soldier! anyways i'm sure i can come to terms with it

maybe I overacted a little here but the behavior of some individuals is very disrespectful towards addon developers

in the RHS thread for example there is bitching since months about ACE and RHS compatibility and it starts really getting annoying

so sorry for my rude words if you may would be a longer member of this community you could probably understand this reaction

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

• Like 1

I don't think Pook or anybody else here are trying to sell you something, so i don't see why the number of final users matter at all.

I see lots of people making mods specifically compatible with RHS only, i wonder how many of those get the same treatment Pook had.

This thread was an endless bashing and whining from the very first page, THIS is the attitude that gets modders to go exactly in the opposite direction.

This thread was an endless bashing and whining from the very first page, THIS is the attitude that gets modders to go exactly in the opposite direction.

That's what people fail to understand. I remember very well how RKSL scrapped their Grippen because of behaviour they're were getting from other people on those forums. 

To all those people who are not happy with the mod. You need to respect all the hard work that Pook has put in to get this into the game, it's basically a game changer, he decided to use CUP platform and if that's a problem to you guys then there is one simple way to end it, just don't  download the mod. Saying stuff like "I'm gonna edit it myself" is exactly what we hate. That's why a lot of madders have a negative attitude to some Altis Life communities as their known for just stealing stuff. 

Respect what you get, and if you really want to edit it then you can always ask nicely and I'm sure Pook would give you an answer. 

UKSF - Wordy

• Like 3

Here you got your religios followers pookie ;) Dont say anything (CONSTRUCTIVE or not is irrelevant) against his godness or im cutting your heads off. Im thankfull 25/7. You REALLY NEED to understand :P

ok sorry for this offtopic but i hate both parties.

Here you got your religios followers pookie  ;) Dont say anything (CONSTRUCTIVE or not is irrelevant) against his godness or im cutting your heads off. Im thankfull 25/7. You REALLY NEED to understand  :P

Well there is a difference in going 'Hey Pook, can I modify your mod as I think CUP packages are too big and don't bring anything I need, let me know." then going "I'm gonna edit you mod m8, just saying"

As Chairborne said, nobody is crying that RHS is not modular or that there is stuff only to be used with RHS. Not asking for permission to edit a mod is not constructive criticism in any shape or form. Saying "I think doing X and Y might benefit this and this, what do you think about it?" that is an example of constructive criticism. 

Or offering to help write a config for those that would like it if PooK was ok with it...

I can't believe people aren't dancing in the streets considering what a huge hole AA was in A3... until now

• Like 1

Here you got your religios followers pookie ;) Dont say anything (CONSTRUCTIVE or not is irrelevant) against his godness or im cutting your heads off. Im thankfull 25/7. You REALLY NEED to understand :P

ok sorry for this offtopic but i hate both parties.

That's OK.  I hate you all!  :p

Bug report update - additional noticed behavior:

- ZU-23-4 (Shilka) M4 model doesn't expel smoke rounds

- ZU-23-4 (Shilka) M4 model doesn't fire AAA, seems to prefer only SAM rounds

- SA10 (and other?) missile rounds seem to have too high acceleration values vs. their behavior in A2 (A3 behavior?)

- ZU23 and other smaller-caliber rounds need better AAA airburst effects.  Way too large (WW2 style) effects currently in use.  RL footage videos coorborate this observation.

- Config changes to make it work inside of Zeus

... and the previously mentioned items.

Any other stuff?  Any popups etc.?  I tried REALLY hard to make fix all the popup errors I observed...

The missile accelleration might be to do with airfriction vs sideairfriction, i remember someone saying their behavior is different in A3.

Nothing in the BIKI describes the changes (that I can find)... any more information on this?

It was something that came up in our dev chat a long time ago with a BI employee, sadly that is all i remember. :(

Maybe add some smoke effect to aim-120 launcher and the missle itself. Also make it slower. Currently it's dead invincible.

- also pook i think the shilka m4 has some weird 4rd person camera behaviour when in gunnerview, like the cam not travelling.  i forgot to add this before

- the C-RAM burst mode to match the awesome sound - i can do that for you in the missilebox or you can add a burst mode to match it.

the maths is:

lets say x = burst sound time
and x is say 4 secs long

rpm = ( 60 / reloadtime)

lets say you have a CRAM that fires 3000rpm

reloadtime = 60/rpm = 0.02

so a 4 sec burst would fire (rpm/60 * x) = 200 rounds

so config entry
burst =200;
autoFire = 0;

done!

To work, cameras have to be "not" in 3rd person view.  I have no idea why this has changed, so you can no longer watch the vehicle shooting the weapons.  I'm sure there must be some config value that re-connects the camera view to the turret... ???  I'll look again at the M4 model to ensure it is behaving correctly.

Agreed that the AAMRAM's definitely need some attention as they were never fully "done".  Online videos clearly show how the NASAMS-mounted AAMRAAM's generate more smoke and are slower.  The entire missile system is fubar now in A3 so I need to find that magic value that made them faster and adjust it back down to realistic values.  Documentation is VERY POOR however so it is difficult to track down!

About Zeus - am I missing something?  How in the "F" is this supposed to work w/ SAM launchers?  I was looking at the A3 Zeus site and the "dungeon master" idea just seems... I don't know.  Words fail me.  Is it supposed to be like a "spoiler" mode or special power up?  I know for certain that only some vehicles in this pack would work with that, because some of them are absolutely intended to work "only" in spawned situations (at the sites).  Can someone 'splain to me exactly of what or how Zeus is supposed to avail play w/ SAM and AAA?  :confused:

Pook congratulations on the release brother. Now I have to come up with a way to protect my planes lol. I'll need to get with you about a certain something soon

• Like 3

we have a raft of options fuller, the TRD (towed radar decoy), new countermeasures modes (angel-wng burst), ARM missile functions from 10km out, LOAL ALARMs that loiter in an area waiting for a SAM radar to light up, and we've been talking about adding ECM jamming pods.

• Like 3

hello hcpookie
tankyou for release SAM Pack in arma 3
bugs :
SA-10 and SA-20 missiles do not damage good to fighters
SA-10 and SA-20 by ECM and Flare and electronic warfare system easily fooled.
not good Detecting radar.
Easily by maneuver the missile escape .
Some of  Tank missile  not sound.
Smoke missiles Not nice.
I can not go into some Systems like the SA 20 Launcher .
Please fix the bugs and release more War weapons such as Scud missles for arma 3.
tankyou  sir​

hello hcpookie

tankyou for release SAM Pack in arma 3

bugs :

SA-10 and SA-20 missiles do not damage good to fighters

SA-10 and SA-20 by ECM and Flare and electronic warfare system easily fooled.

not good Detecting radar.

Easily by maneuver the missile escape .

Some of  Tank missile  not sound.

Smoke missiles Not nice.

I can not go into some Systems like the SA 20 Launcher .

Please fix the bugs and release more War weapons such as Scud missles for arma 3.

tankyou  sir​

This is the second report of SA10/SA20 being "not as effective" against fighters.  Could you provide more information on which plane you are flying?

It was something that came up in our dev chat a long time ago with a BI employee, sadly that is all i remember. :(

After doing some surfing last night it appears that the new shiny thing is "airFriction"  = ballistic coefficient.  Which isn't really present in my work.  SOmeone even went to the trouble to model every BC value for different bullets of a certain caliber, which if anyone shoots real firearms they'll know that kind of information isn't really useful until you get into long-range high caliber shooting (.30 cal and up).  So while interesting somewhat useless in-game for smaller calibers.  Applied to the missiles, it decides how much the environment affects the missile behavior.  Literally, "air friction".  Which I am reading does NOT vary between sea level and altitude, making this value somewhat moot because frankly the entire point of the BC value in real life is directly affected by altitude!  Somewhat ironic to add a value and then not model it properly :) 

I'm going to play with values this weekend and see if I can't make them slow down a little.  I am not sure how to gauge whether they are really at the right speed due to the aforementioned conundrum of "inaccurate" values, so i might just eyeball them at launch and compare to online videos.

• Like 2

we DO use pretty high thrust values. do they not slowdown if you halve their thrust, or halve it again say?