You said that the vehicle sounds dont work due to technological issues.

Just out of curiosity is the issue that if the sound file (archive) size goes over a limit the game engine decides to mute things?

• Like 1

@hcpookie, it is not a matter of volume, I can´t use the init code on an air unit for the custom RWR warnings

[_this, 5] addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", { _this execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}]; 

cus this syntax gives me an editor error of "local variable in global space" and I can´t proceed.... could you verify the right syntax? 

Apart from that, everything is awesome, had a helluva brawl of a F-2, F16C, AV-8B, F/A-35 and (USAF mod) F-16C, all trying to clean a sam site with SA-10, SA-20, zsu-57, Tor and Pantsir-1 and in the end the sams won lol

cheers!

Understood and thanks for the clarification!

It appears others are finding the C130 to be "invincible" vs. SA10 sites, so perhaps you should try attacking in a flight of those :D  LOL

• Like 1

Anyways I wasnt asking pook to redo the addons, merely point me in the right direction to edit it for my own needs.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186438-pook-sam-pack-v4-arma3-version/page-5#entry2947828

can you believe this guy?

you release a brand new addon pack after months of hard work, and he brazenly explains to a moderator how he's going to edit it!

I see, so at the moment all the mod does it add SAM sights? there are no additional features at the moment?

no there are tons of additional features - read the manual!

Understood and thanks for the clarification!

It appears others are finding the C130 to be "invincible" vs. SA10 sites, so perhaps you should try attacking in a flight of those :D  LOL

Thanks eggbeast, I´ll try the init codes you´ve shown me... that one I´ve posted was taken directly from the mod manual, so it may be necessary to correct that on RWR section ;)

yeah, hcpookie, I´ll put some AC-130 on that test mission and see how they suceed or go down in flames lol

I´ll test the init code eggbest posted and I´ll be back to coment the results =)

cheers

- ZU-23 uses two 50x 23mm ammo cartridges that makes it 100 rounds not just 40! and every 5 or 8 round shoots a tracer. I used to be a ZU-23 operator in the army service.

yeah we know this, pook must have reverted to the BIS mags when making this pack.

our zu cannons have been firing from 2x50rnd boxes for years.  with a "burst" mode to simulate real firing patterns.

we also had two zu cannoneers in the dev team lol! both finns

also in the pipeline is a cannon with the hands in the correct place and the gunner correctly placed on the left side of the machine.

zu-23-2_new2_zps55f5303a.jpg

• Like 2

yeah we know this, pook must have reverted to the BIS mags when making this pack.

our zu cannons have been firing from 2x50rnd boxes for years.  with a "burst" mode to simulate real firing patterns.

also in the pipeline is a cannon with the hands in the correct place and the gunner correctly placed on the left side of the machine.

And please don't make them explode in mid-air  :) 

So as a query is there someway i can get the P12 and P18 to spawn with their masts up, but without using the already created SAM sites? I've looked through your manual and can't find anything. I apologize in advance if i'm just being thick or have missed something in plain view  :lol:  but yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. Great mod by the way  :)

in the editor you cannot use the "_" before a "this" or it becomes a local variable not a global one. the EH itself uses local variables so retain the underscore. The editor placed vehicle is always global. maybe try:

[this, 5] addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", { _this execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}];

or perhaps

[this] addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", { [_this,5] execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}];

Eggbeast, no joy...

[this, 5] addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", { _this execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}];  throws an "Type Array, expected object" error

and  [this] addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", { [_this,5] execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}]; throws "addeventhandler: Type array, expected object" error too =(

maybe this syntax would work for A2, but it isn´t going anywhere on A3 editor, the custom RWR warning init code needs some review!

cheers!

So as a query is there someway i can get the P12 and P18 to spawn with their masts up, but without using the already created SAM sites? I've looked through your manual and can't find anything. I apologize in advance if i'm just being thick or have missed something in plain view  :lol:  but yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. Great mod by the way  :)

you could use this in the vehicles' INIT fields:

_scr = [this] execVM "\pook_P12\data\scripts\raise_radar.sqf";

ASSUMING THE ENGINE IS OFF, this will invoke the mast raising animations.

The problem of course with those big radars is that you don't want for example a convoy traveling down the road to have an erect P18 mast!  So to avoid these unlikely scenarios, the vehicles have an engine check.  Start the engine, it will lower the mast whether you want to or not.  So doing this manually will do the trick, but make sure the AI driver won't drive off, otherwise the script will reset the antenna array back to "stored".

Eggbeast, no joy...

[this, 5] addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", { _this execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}];  throws an "Type Array, expected object" error

and  [this] addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", { [_this,5] execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}]; throws "addeventhandler: Type array, expected object" error too =(

maybe this syntax would work for A2, but it isn´t going anywhere on A3 editor, the custom RWR warning init code needs some review!

cheers!

My apologies, I made a mistake when entering the syntax!

This is how it works:

_scr = this addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", {[_this,5] execVM '\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingRWR.sqf'}];

place the [] characters around the COMMAND within the braces.  Good old "THIS" is used to add the event handler!  My mistake.  Documentation will be updated!  I'm not sure why the page turned part of it green... odd.

Yay, it works now! Thanks, I can´t code my way outta my bed, so I rely on copy'n'paste and pray for the best lol

I like the F-16 (option 5) custom sound, as the "warning! warning" nagging betty is easely noticed, while fast beeping confuses with vanilla or ACE´s lock on sounds... 

BTW, the AC-130 were included on my test mission and... (ruff the drums...) they go down in flames lol... but couldn´t tell if the TOR or Pantsir or SA-10 or 20 hit it, but it was engulfed with flames of doom!

I´ve noticed that neither USAF or Firewill´s SEAD script works with this mod... Firewills HARM can track and lock on radars like S-12, but it ignores the TOR and Pantsir´s fire control, USAF´s ignores any emissions from this mod. ECM script, on the other hand, works like a charm on both USAF and Firewills, denying the SAMs apettite for destruction while on effect (they work for 60s and then have a 40 s cool down... nough time to bring them down afterwars lol)

Hope you guys can work together for a nice inter-mod integration =)

Having a lotta fun with this! thanks a bunch!

cheers!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186438-pook-sam-pack-v4-arma3-version/page-5#entry2947828

can you believe this guy?

you release a brand new addon pack after months of hard work, and he brazenly explains to a moderator how he's going to edit it!

Yes, for the stated reason to use privately without the need for CUP. It's a pretty straight forward and logical request. 

Yes, for the stated reason to use privately without the need for CUP. It's a pretty straight forward and logical request. 

did you ask pook for permission?

Indeed permission must be obtained to before editing an addon. If you need clarification why you need permision please take a look at the Addon Makers for Authors rights webpage. (http://amar.arma3.fr/)

Also the following forum rule:

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

Anyway lets get back ontopic:

pook will the BRDMs/HMMWV with stingers/strela's be included in this pack, or will that come in an BRDM/HMMWV pack?

• Like 1

eggbeast, i read the manual but I have no idea what is working and what isnt. The AR isnt compatible yet and so far all I have seen that is working is the SAM, the radar dish's and animations, is that correct or am I missing something?

apart from the sites

there are a range of vehicles for you to drive about, and if you use the ones with autocannons you will notice the airburst effect.

there are also many static weapons you can play with

all of these work independently of the SAM site scripts.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

Anyway lets get back ontopic:

pook will the BRDMs/HMMWV with stingers/strela's be included in this pack, or will that come in an BRDM/HMMWV pack?

I was hoping no one would ask that yet :)

I am not sure at this point.  Importing the BRDM pack is something I started, then due to the physx experimentation, stopped.  I should probably look into those again. 

I don't know.  I do have intentions to bring in the SA9 at a bare minimum.  That's the first A2 mod I imported (Franze's A1 SA9).  That could be imported as-is and I could use that as a basis for the BRDM pack.  That may be an idea!

There are some "other-other" SAM platforms I want to include but am not sure at this point... SA6, SA13, RBS-70, David's Sling Israeli land platform (which would go perfectly with the A3 Merkava tanks), THAADS, and a few others.  All these are "maybe" items at this point.

Yay, it works now! Thanks, I can´t code my way outta my bed, so I rely on copy'n'paste and pray for the best lol

I like the F-16 (option 5) custom sound, as the "warning! warning" nagging betty is easely noticed, while fast beeping confuses with vanilla or ACE´s lock on sounds... 

BTW, the AC-130 were included on my test mission and... (ruff the drums...) they go down in flames lol... but couldn´t tell if the TOR or Pantsir or SA-10 or 20 hit it, but it was engulfed with flames of doom!

I´ve noticed that neither USAF or Firewill´s SEAD script works with this mod... Firewills HARM can track and lock on radars like S-12, but it ignores the TOR and Pantsir´s fire control, USAF´s ignores any emissions from this mod. ECM script, on the other hand, works like a charm on both USAF and Firewills, denying the SAMs apettite for destruction while on effect (they work for 60s and then have a 40 s cool down... nough time to bring them down afterwars lol)

Hope you guys can work together for a nice inter-mod integration =)

Having a lotta fun with this! thanks a bunch!

cheers!

Glad it works.  Guide is updated for a future publication.

The RWR sounds are authentic sounds I have gathered from the Internets.  As I don't use Ace I cannot speak to any duplicated sound issues.  I *DO* know that there is a default "incoming missile" sound that is added to some BIS planes, which could cause multiple sound playing  issues.  However the A3 "future fantasy planes" were not a consideration for my work, so any duplicate sound issues will simply have to be acknowledged.  I normally play with mod-published content anyway (because Arma is a sandbox remember?) and so I rarely use the default stuff.  Me likely "modern day" stuff! :)

Regarding these other mods of which you speak.  I don't even know how other addons would track my radar vehicles in this addon!  I deliberately built most of the radar vehicles to operate with the engine OFF, the engine activation making the vehicle appear on radar, which has always been the criteria for the "hit tab to lock" feature in the BIS airplanes.  So instead of becoming a TAB-SPAM situation when flying over a site, a clever pilot is now be able to engage the ARM weapons at a better standoff distance.  In fact, other than ARM weapons, I really do hope that pilots have to rely on cluster bombs, buddy laser targeting, or rockets to engage the sites.  More realistic that way, instead of a "one-man-Top-Gun-missile-fest" vs. the sites.  I must say it is incredibly satisfying when taking stuff out this way!  :)

The ARM Weapon scripts perform a check for which weapon is currently selected.  The ALARM is the only ARM Weapon I have published, and rely on the FRL / RangeMaster missilebox for the rest (no need to reinvent the wheel).  I have it on good authority those are "coming soon" however as far as OTHER addons are concerned, I am willing to add other addons' ARM Weapons to the list in the scripts for THIS addon.  I won't do that w/o addon makers' consent, however, so if they give permission first, I can easily add these new weapons to my ARM scripts.  "done deal" at that point :)

On the flip-side... one of the motivating reasons for my publishing of the Guide (instead of jsut a readme file) was for other mod makers to be able to utilize my custom scripts I have developed within their own addons.  So anyone could add the functionality I have created to their addons, and I welcome that!  It would be cool if all the addons could interop together with the new features.

• Like 1

Pretty much I did "revert" because I did this last, it was late, I was tired, and figured I was going to either update that night or do another days' worth of research to get them in there.  Likely will be updating anyway, so I just took the lazy path :)

I was also not sure of the status of the new model... didn't want to even bring that up.  What *I* did for the zu update:

- PLANTS! Around the vehicle

- Animated reload animations for ammo box and ammo box locking levers

- Correctly removed the alternating barrel animations based on the feedback we received

- Added shell drop at the correct location.  Uses the BIS shell drop which I have learned only "drops" at the spawn location, so now "flying shells" at present.

- Moved gunner to correct left-hand side.

- Selectable camo textures.  As there was only the "rusty green paint" texture, they are all the same and I doubt anyone will retexture those.

Future plans include adding the midlife upgrades from Real Life, including a tandem mounted Strela / Igla launcher, FLIR targeting, etc. ... similar to what I did w/ the ZU-23-4M4.  Like this one:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/independent/kazakhstan/weapons/zu-23_30m1-3/ZU-23_30M1-3_23mm_anti-aicraft_gun_Igla-S_missile_maugli-2M_night_vision_Kazakhstan_Kazakh_army_defence_industry_640.jpg

That will be... fun.  :)

• Like 1

sweet - see if you can get pete's RTM for the gunner

Good job, can't wait to work towards a better integration with CUP.

I always wanted some better radar simulation.

• Like 2

Future plans include adding the midlife upgrades from Real Life, including a tandem mounted Strela / Igla launcher, FLIR targeting, etc. ... similar to what I did w/ the ZU-23-4M4.  Like this one:

As long as the MLU upgrade iterations are clearly indicated (as separate Editor entries) from the existing ones I'm not averse to the inclusion. :)

hcpookie congrats and thank you very much for this amazing release :D  so well done!

towards all these whiners around here STFU

I wish really the days back before that crap DayZ was released and we got flooded with impatience ungrateful kiddies

do you whiners realize how much effort and work is behind a addon of such scale?

I don't think so

• Like 3