I see your point in terms of being easier to do. A full port would be welcome though without having to use CUP.

As for "CUP is adding alot of new content as well as porting all of the A2 default content.", you are entitled to your opinion as such, but don't jump to the conclusion that surely everyone must agree with it. Some people just don't like CUP. Or would like to only use one element of CUP, but that's impossible. Or simply have tested the various things CUP currently has to offer and have walked away with an opinion of "maybe in a year or two, when stuff works".

But that doesn't really have anything to do with this mod. The bottom line is: If this mod were alternatively/optionally available as a stand-alone, it would have more users.

I don't understand how you thought my response was saying that everyone should agree? I was merely saying my personal opinion, i wasn't enforcing or suggesting that everyone must agree. Of course some people will not like CUP, even some don't like RHS. At the end of the day, for those who don't want to use CUP and those that do.

Its like some people may like eating apples, and some don't, you can't please everyone.

pook is an adult, and so does not care how many "users" he has.

he simply made this for himself, and our little modding/gaming group, and for anyone else who would appreciate it.

being old hands at making stuff in this game series, there really is no point moaning about stuff here.

just load it up and enjoy it. or not.

as for the poster saying add "default crewmen" - if you mean futuristic turkish robot soldiers with freaky headgear and alien camo etc i think pook and the rest of us would sooner not release a mod for A3 than do this lol.

I really miss good AA content for Arma3 and this is the first good attempt for A3. Its understood why Cup is used but vanilla would be better and use CUP/RHS as optional. This could be the first mod that makes some challenge for fixed wing pilots, atm there is no challenge. When even used SU35S/FA118 from Saul/JSpartan (which are the best fw aircrafts) this mod is even more welcome. All this rambo A10 divestyle should be over with this ;)

jeza: cool first look. Looks the AA guns needs a bit more inaccuracy and more spread? looks a bit too snipy but yea, this looks great. What is the attack range of the content?

Guys I understand thre is "concern" over using CUP vs. not using CUP.  Others have more eloquently (and patiently!) explained why I chose to use CUP.  So that's that.  PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS A "I HATE CUP / I LOVE CUP" discussion. Please!  In honesty I haven't played with RHS and I'm curious to do so.  But for now...

Let's get over it and enjoy the addon shall we?  As I am in between contracts right now, I have sat on my ass for the last 6 weeks and spent at least 10 hours a day (you read that correctly) while the wife is at work importing this and creating the new/updated content.  That is what... 360 hours of time spent JUST to make this into A3 content.  So yeah, there's that too.  If I get a little torqued because people are immediately bitching/whining/suggesting they can do better, you must remember I have spent that much time making this shit work in A3.  And it STILL needs some polish to get right.  I don't want to get banned from the forums for raging on some sphincter for a sophomoric comment like "you should make it all vanilla" or otherwise.  So let's keep it civil shall we?

Oh, and if you have questions about the mod, please check The Guide (in the first post).  And don't panic.  :)  That guide took several weeks' worth of work actually... I will venture to guess I've spent perhaps 6 weeks compiling the content and ensuring accuracy over the past year or so.

ROADKILL - I hope you noticed I have been putting that Nogovan Oak color to good use in the camo nets!  You'll see those randomly situated around the sites ;)

JEZA - LOVE THOSE VIDS!!!!  Making Youtube vids is something I've never attempted.  Looks great!  Are those all in Chernarus in A3?  Loving it :)

EVERYONE ELSE - As you were...

• Like 2

Known issues / observations:

- NO ENGINE NOISES.  This was listed in the Guide, but I wish to restate it here.  Due to the PhysX limitations, I don't have engine noises for any of the vehicles.  Since they sit in a site and protect an area it shouldn't be a concern for the most part.  Ths is being researched and may be addressed in the future.

- RAMPARTS / EMBANKMENT heights.  I have noticed that some of the ramparts are sitting higher than they should.  This may make some of the AI shoot into the berm in front of them.  Adjustments to the embankment placement scripts will be forthcoming.

- Soldiers yelling "out of ammo" when disembarking vehicles.  This may be a CUP issue, not sure.  They have a full complement of ammo, regardless.

- Soldiers reporting "out of fuel" on some vehicles.  The scripting solutions I have implemented to address the erection of the launch towers warrants the removal of fuel from the vehicle to force AI to (correctly) stop driving while the action takes place.  These reports can be ignored... just chatty AI.

- Smoke plumes.  Some of the vehicles need a big fat puff of smoke when launching the missiles, and this is missing.  I'm working on the particle effects so as to be able to add these in the future.

- Shell ejection.  The SA-19 Tunguska, SA-22 Pantsir, ZU-23, and ZS-23-4 Shilka all have vehicle shell ejection with no "velocity" to the shells, so they all drop to the ground where they spawn instead of being violently flung away.  This is being worked for a future release.

- Mast-mounted ladders:  76N6, 30N6E and 96L6 ladders are placed correctly.  HOWEVER for reasons I cannot explain, you have to look "to the side" of the mast for the "climb ladder" option to appear.  I made the ladders such that you can snipe from the different levels, instead of one LONG ladder to the top.  I wonder if that is part of the issue.  Regardless, you might experience difficulty getting the "climb ladder" action to appear.

- Penetration / bullet impact particle effects are incorrect for all surfaces.  Shooting anything (including glass) gives the default "dirt puff" effect.

This is an inspired piece of work. Well, what is clearly a mountain of work... i mean the pdf is 59 pages lol...

In any case, just got done with some testing, 

I love those sites, dropped a site and made a simple opfor flyover and boom... functioning SAM site. Awesome stuff.

A huge hole in ArmA now stuffed full of awesome.

The missile was launched on Statis Airbase and this is over the north of the island... so cool.

2015-12-07_00002_zpsczdayj1f.jpg

• Like 1

Really cool mod, definitely something that I would like to see more of. Alas, my community also use RHS rather than CUP, so it will have to be a pass for me too.

This is an inspired piece of work. Well, what is clearly a mountain of work... i mean the pdf is 59 pages lol...

Yeah but that's 59 pages with PICTURES and double-spacing LOL

Really cool mod, definitely something that I would like to see more of. Alas, my community also use RHS rather than CUP, so it will have to be a pass for me too.

So you're posting "I will not be using the mod"... OK... I guess I need more coffee this morning as I don't understand.  Is that a question?

Great work, engine noises will make it 10x better

The Panstire sorta gets a mind of it own and decides to shoot the ground :/ 

So you're posting "I will not be using the mod"... OK... I guess I need more coffee this morning as I don't understand.  Is that a question?

Posting to show my support of the mod and its contents, as I would like more of the stuff, but also voice an opinion that, no, I am not using CUP (which you asked if I did, so to say), so I will not be using this mod in this specific format. I'm not going to "demand" a mod to suit my needs, since I assume you have used CUP code to inherit from, and I know how much work it would be to make the mode not dependent of it. That's all.

YAY FOR POOKIE!!@!*&$!@#(*

:wub:

edit:  nice work on the PDF manual

• Like 1

Great stuff but for some reason only a handful of the vehicles /sites are in zeus; PAC3, NASAM and NASAM2 for Blurfor and S125 + mobile for OpFOR (I have CUP factions, weapons and vehicles installed)

Yeah but that's 59 pages with PICTURES and double-spacing LOL

Loving it as it always helps to have good documentation.  Made it easy to figure out the sites.

I had set up the waypoint over the SAM site as a sad wp for the opfor jet and with the flak cannon, it managed to survive once on the first pass and come back and drop a bomb on the radar truck and destroy it. Was very cool... even tho it killed me as I was watching lol

Great stuff but for some reason only a handful of the vehicles /sites are in zeus; PAC3, NASAM and NASAM2 for Blurfor and S125 + mobile for OpFOR (I have CUP factions, weapons and vehicles installed)

Never tried Zeus, no plans to do so.  Have no idea what it would even take to get it started.

Great work, engine noises will make it 10x better

The Panstire sorta gets a mind of it own and decides to shoot the ground :/ 

Open terrain or mountainous? 

If mountains, there is a known limitation to AI "smartness" where AI will attempt to track and shoot behind mountains.  This is an AI limitation.  The sites' scripts have a check to determine if they have LOS to the target, however using the vehicles outside of the site, there is no check.  The Pantsir AI are simply doing their AI thing.

If on open terrain, Panstir gunner is likely tracking the lead on the target enough to make it "shoot ahead".  If that target is moving to lower altitude, the (dumb) AI will certainly attempt to lead on them, causing an occasional shoot into ground.  Is it happening "constantly" or just a one-off?

ROADKILL - I hope you noticed I have been putting that Nogovan Oak color to good use in the camo nets!  You'll see those randomly situated around the sites ;)

Good to hear its still of use :)

Never tried Zeus, no plans to do so.  Have no idea what it would even take to get it started.

Zeus is basically a Game Master System for Arma 3, where one person decides the flow of the mission.

He can place Units, Vehicles and Objects, Create Tasks and Command Units on-the-fly.

In order for an object to be available to the Zeus (Technically called "Curator" in the BI Docs), the objects need to be defined in the CfgPatches section of the addon.

For example, you have an Addon that adds several new vehicles, the CfgPatches class would look like this:

class CfgPatches
{
  class Some_Addon
  {
    units[] = {
      "vehicle_class1",
      "vehicle_class2",
      "vehicle_class3",
      "vehicle_class4"
    };
    weapons[] = {};
    author[] = {"Author Name"};
    authorUrl = "Some URL";
    requiredVersion = 0.1;
    requiredAddons[] = {};
    version = 0.1;
  };
};
  • Like 1

It was in the Flats on Altis, the C-130 was low to the ground, seemed as if it overcompensated for the aircraft's descent  

Yeah that makes sense then.  AI don't seem to care where the ground is :)  I made the turrets able to traverse downward because I discovered that if they are parked just right on a hill, they may not be able to engage the enemy.  So I simply let them traverse downward.  On a flat surface, it can cause this issue.

• Like 1

Yeah that makes sense then.  AI don't seem to care where the ground is :)  I made the turrets able to traverse downward because I discovered that if they are parked just right on a hill, they may not be able to engage the enemy.  So I simply let them traverse downward.  On a flat surface, it can cause this issue.

Perhaps you could add in a limit amount of allowed down traverse relative to elevation, at something around 0° at 0m above sea to -60° at 150m, should remove most of the problems unless you are on a high-altitude plateau.

I love this mod, finally helis/planes have something that make their life harder. For me I like idea of having CUP - it help to promote their hard work.

something that make their life harder.

the understatement of the year lol. Just you wait and see how hard these are to defeat!

Downloaded this mod and spent the past hour giggling as my entire radar was lit up with missiles  :lol:

10/10 Would SAM again  :D

• Like 2

Wow... fantastic... one of the best things ever. Arent those deployed SAM-launcher trailers towable, or am i doing it wrong? If not it would be so nice if you could team up with one of the towing-mod-guys to make it possible to tow the trailers around with that HEMTT Towing machine.

The decision was made to make them static, non-towable.  Too many scripting factors if they could be towed, simply not worth it for something that would arguably never be used other than "wow that's cool".

The self-propelled launchers are however drivable as I'm sure you've already noticed.  The SAM SITE VEHICLES are all locked and should be completely un-enterable by players.  If they can be entered, that is a bug and I need to fix it.

I've been playing with it some along with my EF-2000 (coming soon).  The SA10 missiles seem to be flying too fast.  There appears to be some calibration difference between A2 and A3.  It appears they all need to have their flight speed reduced by at least 10%.  This warrants more play-time testing :)

• Like 2