Hi pookie,

Awesome stuff as always :) I've got a weird problem with a signature and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. I'm getting kicked when testing on dedicated for "wrong signature" for pook_SAM.pbo. I need to have that security on our server so I can't afford to turn off verification, but I really want to have this mod on there!!

PS: I got the pack from Steam if it matters... yeah yeah I know...

Just now, k-hunter said:

PS: I got the pack from Steam if it matters... yeah yeah I know...

Perhaps a corrupt download, may need to re-download.

25 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps a corrupt download, may need to re-download.

I unsubscribed & resubscribed which deletes and redownloads it as far as I know. So I did try that already and I got the exact same error with the same pbo...

The weird thing is when I check the last modified date, it actually looks like the pbo was modified 2 days later than its signature (October 4th vs 6th) :\

You're the 2nd one that said there is a sig problem, so the sig may need to be updated.  I am planning on releasing a maintenance fix soon so I recommend standing by... let me see if I can get that updated "sooner"... hate to say "this weekend" but I'll definitely take a look at it!

• Thanks 1

Just placed an SA3 site and flew my F16 towards it. You can see the missile trail of the SA3 to the right and in front of the plane.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1282439862

Missile hit a few seconds later, never once triggered the audible or visible warning (i.e. the flashing red indicator on the radar). I did get a warning (orange) when the AAA fires at me, probably from a FCR, but as of yet never from the SA3 FCR. It works just fine for the SA20 and SA21 sites, just not the SA3

On 1/26/2018 at 1:20 AM, On The Channel said:

Hi, dear creators tell me please Izz of what life this mistake can and how to correct it? (I write through the translator)

Could you post a large picture?

I have made more progress for the GCI script.  I am adding some error checking to it so that if the GCI plane is killed, the scramble mission stops and everything resets.  Sounds simple huh? :)  Still hammering away at it.  To be honest I thought it would be relatively simple and I'd have a working release ready by now... cest la vie!  I'm realistically looking at another week or two before the update is ready.  Taking extra time to stomp out all the known bugs!

On 1/28/2018 at 6:30 AM, On The Channel said:

There are images, excuse thought were loaded normally

That "_shooter" error appears to be from a previous version.  That was fixed in the latest version and I just spawned an SA10 site to confirm it is working.  I recommend making sure you have the latest version installed.  A new version will be out in the next few weeks...

• Like 2

Yes, you were right, I deleted it and reinstalled anew, and made possible with the installation I had an error or something , thank you very much for the help

• Like 1

Updates are moving along!

100% -    FIX: Script errors in site cleanup script
100% -    FIX: Typo in P12 radar spawn script instructions
75%   -    FIX: SHORAD counter-missile defense ordnance intercept function
100% -   FIX: Radome spawners failing to take damage when host building was destroyed
100% -   IMPROVED: AAA ammo changes for 20mm, 23mm guns to minimize lag issues
75% -     IMPROVED: MAZ vehicle family camo textures
100% 75% -     IMPROVED: Radome spawner behavior; input features
100% -   NEW: Radome spawners with 5km range
100% -   NEW: Ground Control Intercept (GCI) function

• Like 6

Pookie, how inextricable are the SHORAD sites/vehicles from the whole SAM's mod?
Would it be possible for you to make a standalone SHORAD Vehicles mod that just pulls the excellent vehicles from your SAMS for people to use without the full on BVR scripting and Sites?
<I know, I know, just use the whole thing.>  
My unit is paring down mods and trying to streamline, so any MB savings we can find are appreciated. 
I thought I'd see if that was at all feasible or even possible, and something you could offer the community.

In other news Brenda, I can't wait to see the updates you have planned for the full SAMS.  I really love throwing down some sites and random stuff and seeing if I can run a gauntlet to hit targets. 

Keep up the great work!

do you have an up to date changelog anywhere? cant seem to find anything to reference for the powers that be :'D 

Yes, there will always be an up-to-date changelog in the guide.

the huge dish antenna for SA11 SAM site is indestructible for me. I have tried everything from tank rounds to lightning bolts using zeus.

All the EW towers have been funky recently.  I don't know why.  I am researching them before the next release.

• Like 1

Are there any anti-missile capabilites in this mod?

There are a lot of dangerous thinsk like AS-4, Tochka-U and bombs... What unit is capable to shut them down?

Can we get a Rapier -system for the Blue-force?  Highly effective.Could be used for some very interesting gameplay.

Since you included eastern AAA like ZU-23 and S-60 wouldnt it be balancing to have something for the west? Im thinking two of the most common AA guns post WW2: The 40mm Bofors L70 is maybe the most common AA gun in the world? Already seeing service during WW2 it was the standard NATO AA-gun for years and manufactured under license in several countries and seeing action in dozens of conflicts around the world from WW2 to this day.

Another western AA-gun that deserves a place is the 35mm Oerlikon GDF. Used all around the world and manufactured under license in many countries, it would also offer some interesting capabilities like AHEAD ammunition thats possible to accomplish using scripts and maybe the refined sub-ammo system in Arma 3.

Both guns can operate on their own or radar guided like the Sky Guard system that the Oerlikon GDF is part of. Both guns would also open alot of doors to addon makers because they have been used in so many conflicts and probably will be used in the future.

SA-22 being destroyed by Israeli AGM in Syria. Points of interest - SA22 appears unmanned, and parked on the end of the runway. The SA-22 is reportedly able to engage the incoming AGM's. Also watch the poor sod that ran back to the vehicle midway through...

https://theaviationist.com/2018/05/10/the-israeli-air-force-has-just-released-a-video-of-a-pantsir-s1-air-defense-system-being-struck-in-last-night-attack-in-syria/

This is in the mod but it doesn't feature the "crew get out and smoke" option  :D

This is possibly the first SA-22 destroyed in combat.

According to Jane's they also hit S-200 (SA-5), S-75 (SA-2), and Buk-M2E (SA-17) systems besides the SA-22.

• Like 2

Yeah the Syrian's say it was out of ammo and that the poor fella was running to mobilise it because he saw the in coming missile. 

Pretty much Iraq M1 Abrams 2.0

incompetent, under-trained conscripts handling foreign tech against a determined force...

typical middle east :e:

Interesting analysis - in short they are calling the SA22 performance a "failure" regardless of root cause. 

http://defence-blog.com/army/south-korea-can-overtake-russia-pantsir-s1s-failure-syria.html

... even so, Russia is spending more money for new deliveries.

http://defence-blog.com/army/russia-allocates-24-billion-state-defence-order-2018.html

Either way. I think I'm going to adjust the mod's SA-22 performance envelope to reflect "less than stellar" performance!  :)

• Like 2