Love the ability to place more units down and have them included - very clever.

Ref the Module, yes your scripts do it in the editor..... but the module concept we're tossing around is designed for use by Zeus only.

Why is that so important for us ? Of the 4 operations we run a week, 3 of them are Zeus built and guided and all the mission builders have expressed excitement over getting your kit into the game, but at the moment only 1 Op which is pre-scripted and built in the editor would work properly with SAMs

You can't mix and match different kinds of SAM's in the same site.  That should go without saying.  Which is true to real life.

I've yet to see a scenario where 1-2 SAM or AAA sites on an ARMA map is not adequate.  Given the site spawner configuration, you could in theory have 4-5 different AAA sites, and the same amount of SAM sites, all with different platforms.  That should be more than adequate for any IADS scenario on an ARMA map.  When we have 100km/2 or 1000km/2 maps (or larger) this can be re-examined.  It just doesn't make sense to have any sort of additional sites in a 10km/2 to 20km/2 map size.  I developed these in Chernarus and Takistan and frankly you can have one site provide coverage for either map.  I mean let's be honest, you could stack 3-4 "large" Arma maps back to back and stay within the city limits of Denver!  ;)   Since they now check for line-of-sight (to avoid shooting into mountains) they could be strategically placed to provide some real challenges and provide area denial to airborne ops in an MP scenario.

The improved "re-scan" ability for the sites now means you can add more units on the fly.  To me it just seems pointless except for the "gee whiz look what I can do with zeus", and frankly I believe it will make the sites a "missile-fest" due to the differences in how the AI is handled for the "extra" site vehicles vs. the original site vehicles.  That is something your mission makers will have to deal with since changes to the site's "aggressiveness" due to those extra units is going to change the site behavior.  I have no plans to expand the AI control or attempts to balance beyond the "original" site units. 

Remember the original intention for these sites is to create an IADS threat for aircraft, esp. in a MP scenario, to curtail the "air dominance" mindset that so many MP scenarios enjoy.  Now air/airlift operations must be properly planned :)   I recommend utilizing the sites at first without any extra influence to enjoy how well they work.  Wild Weasel operations will be hard pressed to succeed given the scenario conditions as they are now.

HCPookie,

From what I understand, you don't really play Zeus operations. 

Those of us that do, generally have a blank map or a map with limited assets pre-placed.  We will have our people gather on the server, and one or 2 mission operators will build a mission "on the fly" as it were.
Depending on which unit members are available will dictate our approach to the mission. 
If we have pilots available, we will try to integrate them into the mission and challenge them.  If not, we give the players ground assets and challenges. 
Also, Zeus allows ANYONE in the unit to build missions on the fly while in a live environment, not just the few of us that actively build missions in the editor.

If you've never seen his stuff, I'd suggest checking out Luetin's work doing Zeus ops (both public vanilla and Modded Unit missions) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8RfCCzWsMgNspTI-GTFenQ

I get what you're doing with the IADS sites, and applaud your work.  It provides a much needed balance ability to deal with Player Aircraft in a more realistic manner.

If you can look at it this way, sometimes we don't want an entire site.  Maybe the area we're hitting is underfunded, rebels with seized equipment, or just plain damaged from previous strikes and there may only be one or 2 IADS weapon systems left to deal with.

Spawning an entire site to get your script behaviour would then require us to somehow destroy all the spawned assets we don't want at the beginning of the mission instead of them just not being there.

One of our pilots/Zeus operators pointed out, he would like to be able to drop individual units down and be able to sync them to the Radar units (Via Zeus or with a placed module such as Serjames' idea) to build sites that take advantage of whichever map we are using more realistically.   Not just in a scripted radius, but having the ability to utilize nearby terrain for cover and optimal placement.  IE Urban placement, mountainous areas.

(Beware giant run-on sentence)

Being able to put maybe 1 or 2 launchers with an aging radar that rebels have kept running with hope and duct-tape,  or a couple gun emplacements on a ridgeline connected to a mobile radar, or a couple mobile vehicles with BVR ability tied to a Radar (looking at you, Russian backed Ukrainian rebels that shot down an Airliner)  would bring just that much more immersion to missions I believe. 
And yes, I know the mobile vehicles wouldn't actually be mobile due to your scripts, just placed. 

Just had a though:  if Zeus modules, or Zeus spawned sites that use the BVR scripting are off the table, can you make spawnable sites that include lesser numbers of weapon systems?  Anywhere from 1-3 of the AD systems that a full site would have?

• Like 1

Heh. Worded it much better than I could have. Run on sentence 'n all ;-)

You should try it as-is to see how it works.  It should achieve those goals you describe.

Uploading to my server now.  I'll try out the test mission and see how things play out. 
I'll try to get it recorded and see if there are any errors or if things are playing as expected.

Thanks!

Yep, I was going to post that I found placement was much better in the few minutes I had to test before going to get my car from the shop (damn wrecks!) .  

Launcher placement is better, moving them away from or clearing out trees somehow (MAGIC!)

Also, I was engaged damn near immediately after taking off from the Airfield we are using for the test.

8F55A08E8374CB7C0445BAB1B00014072CA2A228

Small test. 1x S20 and 1x SA10 at a distance of 45 km. Rockets have reached my F16C  at a distance of 15 km.

It is because time of flight (self-destruction) or is the norm?

IRL aerodynamic target km

S-300PMU   5–90 

S-300PMU2 3-200

94b6bd98a258.gif 28e48cbe8cbe.gif

Hi, I am getting this error -

Bad Version 71 in p3d file 'pook_p12\pook_p12.p3d

Update your game ;)

I've 1.60 version of the game. What is the minimum requirement ?

I've 1.60 version of the game. What is the minimum requirement ?

The game is already 1.62

Curious I thought I had made the "requiredversion =1.62" and not "1.60".  Guess I missed that.

OBSERVATION:  It appears I didn't fix the MIM-23 HAWK site.  Was getting "shooter" errors on that one.  I tested every site so I may have not had that site in the faction I was using for testing.  Meaning the site spawner for the HAWK may not have every faction like it is supposed to.  So just be aware the "shooter" error may still appear for the HAWK site.

Thanks but any link to the older version V4.0, which i think would be compatible with my version of the Game ?

Nope.  You need the current version.  If you have the "real" version you can update it.  If you don't, well, shell out the money and stop being a cheap skate.  Not supporting pirated copies, sorry.

• Like 2

Hi Pookie, thanks for a great mod that really deepens the arma gameplay for me.  I was hoping someone would make such a mod.  Also your guide is very well done and a good read. â€‹But my problem is that I don't know how to write scripts or code.  But after

reading the posts here and your guide it sounds like all I need to do is add some code into the init box of the plane I want to launch anti radar alarm missles.  I have the cup weapon and units mods.  I would like to have a F-15D Eagle carry 4 alarms and use the different fire modes such as the loiter mode.  what I have for the planes init so far, and I believe I also need the 4 lines of code that give the 4 user actions to the aircraft.  Could you or someone here who can code show me what exactly needs to go into that planes init box I have tried multiple times but I don't see any alarm missles or action options.  And does the plane have to have all its weapons striped first. does it need to be in a hanger to rearm.   Thank you.  ps it don't have to be the f15 just using that as an exact example for the code.

F-15D Eagle addMagazine pook_SAM_ALARMx4
​F-15D Eagle addWeapon pook_SAM_ALARM_Launcher

F-15D Eagle addMagazine pook_SAM_ALARMx4

​F-15D Eagle addWeapon pook_SAM_ALARM_Launcher

You are using the Arma2 names which won't work in Arma 3.  Nor do you have quotes around the class names.  Please carefully re-read that section.  Computers aren't smart enough to figure out what you want; you must use the EXACT syntax.

Furthermore, those lines imply you have named your unit "F-15D Eagle".  Just use "this" instead, which as you should know is a self-reference.  If you do not know that, then you will have to learn more about mission making:

this addMagazine "pook_SAM_ALARMx4"; this addWeapon "pook_ALARM_Launcher";

ok thanks I will make the changes

.update:  I Put the scripts into the inti box but no luck. Tried several planes. Maybe the plane has to be stripped of its default loadout first?  Yeah I am not a mission maker just wanna play this cool mod.  seems like it should be simple but cant find how to get this to work anywhere.

hi hcpookie

tankyou for update and now , this is Powerful air missile systems .

Thank you for these two lines

Added support for external ECM / Jamming scripts. Information contained in the Appendix at the end of the Guide 

Significantly improved indirect damage settings for proximity fused systems

Been doing some work the past few weeks.  Update imminent...

v4.3:  9/17/2016

• FIX:  Corrected missing Zeus entries for default factions
  • FIX:  Corrected SA19, PU12 editor categories
  • FIX:  MIM-23 site INIT script errors to address “shooter†errors
  • FIX:  Minor texture issue on SNR-75 radar
  • FIX:  Guide update: Added missing class names listing for KS12 site spawner units, KS12 PUAZO site spawner units, and SNR-75 units
  • FIX:  Optimized site cleanup script
  • FIX:  Damage textures for MIM-23, SA-3, and PU-12 units
  • FIX:  SA3 site radar embankment placement
  • FIX:  Incorrect AN/MPQ-64 damage animations
  • IMPROVED:  Enlarged 91N6 (SA-20 radar) model scale
  • IMPROVED:  Added clarification to ARM script instructions in the Guide
  • NEW:  VME PLA mod faction classes.  Requires VME PLA to work.  Only some systems have been included in this release.  The alternative designations used by the PLA are listed in the Overview section of the Guide
  • NEW:  Added band/frequency settings to the static EW / Acquisition radars
  • NEW:  64N6 (SA-20 radar) model based on A2 model from “Hand of Moscowâ€
  • Like 4