lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Island Thunder 2 Campaign

Overall it was pretty good balance. I would have preferred less AI troops with  higher skill. This way, i find it just a bit boring to have so many of them on small islands. 

So, their large numbers, up to 60 troops per mission do balance things out but  sometimes they act like idiots:) I take out one from the group, then others lay down and after a while they stand up again and do nothing, basically waiting for me to shoot them again. 

Ofc, nobody wants all-seeing uber sniper AI that places headshots from 1km in an instant. I understand it's not easy to strike best balance.

yeh agreed and thanx for that feedback.

My plan next campaign is to reduce AI numbers but increase their responsiveness and weapon accuracy as well as reaction to nearby combat.

• Like 1

Now that I am limited to offline single player I am really loving these missions..great stuff..I appreciate you sharing them!.

Diesel

• Like 1

Just a quick update.

Sorry for the delay, I've been preoccupied with indoor rock climbing my newest thrill.

Did my first outdoor climb on the weekend - slightly scary but awesome too!

I have been finishing off the last mission - all objectives are working and it's a really tidy mission - a classic GR mission!

AI will be tweaked so you may not get out alive first go unless you're on your game. 

Hopefully, by next weekend I can upload it for your enjoyment.

• Like 2

A little tear in the eye today, another campaign being wrapped up for good in the coming days, the emotional closing music, oh Red Storm and GR you have given me so much.  

• Sad 1

Ok sweet - just did a full run through of the mission and other than a few AI tweaks and strategically placed AI, the mission is ready to go.

Think of all the classic docks missions and this is right on par with them - really happy with how it's turned out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I want some thoughts on what ppl woukd like to see implemented, updated or removed from next campaign. I try yo keep mods to a minimum but if they're really good then will consider it.

The next aggressor will be well armed, well trained and better protected, just fewer to deal with. 

Lemme know what you want, but don't be upset if I don't choose it. 

By the way,  is there a preferred or better sp/mp revive I should switch to? 

I'm definitely going to shift to AIS Wounding System so that we have a truly SP Teamswitch and MP experience - 

Will need to test it of course. 

• Like 3

Appears to be some mission breakage maybe due to Tank DLC.

mission 4 currently not loading and apparently some guys in underwear on OGR mission 2 stone Bell. :/

looking into it now. 

It's kind of to be expected I think. I don't know if your issues are RHS related, but I reported 1 bug that they fixed already with a sound file not found. I haven't tried your most recent missions yet, but the earlier stuff was pretty good, thanks. As an SP player, I crave this kind of content :wine:

• Like 2

So thankfully, I found the issue with Mission 4 after taking several copies of the mission and stripping it back until I finally got it to load.

I am now repacking it and should upload it tomorrow night.

I found little bug in mission 2 at the airfield. Sometimes I think the editor does it on purpose out of the blue. At least they didn't explode.

sunken.jpg

Oh that old chestnut. Thans for letting me know, I will update tonite. :)

edit: Fixed!

• Like 1

OGR is coming back to ArmA 3 town?

Ok so the hint didn't help.

The Ghosts are heading to Africa to complete the trilogy, Desert Siege!

Get ready for some remakes which should take you back to the original GR release!

I will release these missions sporadically, not the full campaign in one hot as previously. You can expect to see two drop for Xmas. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ok so the hint didn't help.

The Ghosts are heading to Africa to complete the trilogy, Desert Siege!

Get ready for some remakes which should take you back to the original GR release!

I will release these missions sporadically, not the full campaign in one hot as previously. You can expect to see two drop for Xmas. :)

Look for the GR Desert Siege thread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, theopolus said:

Looking forward to it. What Terrain are you going to use for Africa?

Using Dingor predominantly, although early days, and have already started constructing mission 2 on another more appropriate map.

Note: The maps are heavily customised to look and feel like the originals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@lightspeed_aust My friends and me are up to mission 2 and are really enjoying the campaign so far.

The Ghost Recon Trilogy of games was one of my favorite games back in the day.

Just subscribed to your original Ghost Recon and Desert Siege missions.

Thanks very much.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:03 PM, cb65 said:

@lightspeed_aust My friends and me are up to mission 2 and are really enjoying the campaign so far.

The Ghost Recon Trilogy of games was one of my favorite games back in the day.

Just subscribed to your original Ghost Recon and Desert Siege missions.

Thanks very much.

Great to hear some new players finding my work and enjoying it! 

I tried to keep it true to the originals with an Arma upgrade. 

• Like 1

Played the first mission and was very fun. Looking to play the rest of the campaign.