lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Island Thunder 2 Campaign

Sounds good mate, got look with the refreshing.

It's great to see you re-working this (already good) with the lessons learnt from your GR1 campaign.

As soon as it's completed, I'll post a playthrough with our clan.

We would have done a playthrough on the earlier version but someone in our clan died suddenly.

Having a gr8 time playing through these missions. I think the difficulty level and AI numbers are spot on now.

• Like 2

On 27/03/2017 at 11:35 PM, lightspeed_aust said:

Having a gr8 time playing through these missions. I think the difficulty level and AI numbers are spot on now.

Any idea what's happened to Lighty's SW page? Because I'm now getting this error message

That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.

On 20/06/2017 at 3:31 PM, domokun said:

Any idea what's happened to Lighty's SW page? Because I'm now getting this error message

That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.

Good news. Yesterday on the SW page of his GR1 campaign, Lighty wrote "yes i have the whole Island Thunder campaign but i took it down to update it. I will start putting them up soon".

So fingers crossed that his GRIT2 will return soon.

• Like 1

I think i fucked up - I appear to have lost all of the missions after building a new pc - will see if i can find them - possibly on an old hard drive.

I remember opening up mission 1 not so long ago to look at fixing it but can't seem to find it or any of the files now.

fingers crossed.

Yeehaa! Great news, I knew I wouldnt have been that careless. Found the missions in a folder and just having a look through them now.

Looks like I've already updated several of them to a 6 player format, in line with Original GR Campaign so as they I check them over I will start reloading them to Steam.

Then my plan is to start a new campaign for the ghosts which I will also release mission by mission as opposed to a 3-4 month wait for a whole campaign.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear that you found them. Nothing sadder than losing all that hard work. 

Looking forward to new missions. Thanks for continuing to contribute. 

Three missions released - 

Mission 1 - Harvest Glow - Secure contraband supply drops at an abandoned plantation - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1286211052

Mission 2 - Emerald Angel - Seize a cartel airfield and knock out two guard towers - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287176828

Mission 3 - Ivory Serpent - Secure a cocaine shipment dropped in the mangroves and secure a militia outpost - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1289578669

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Could you upload the .pbo files? Steam Workshop missions unfortunately don't work with headless servers 

• Like 1

Happy to report that Mission 6 is released just before I go away for a 2 week ski trip to Japan! If you didn't find those pilots in Mission 5, now is your chance! :)

Mission 6 - Jagged Flame - Rescue pilots from enemy compound   - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1326005078

On 2/16/2018 at 5:03 AM, robby659 said:

Could you upload the .pbo files? Steam Workshop missions unfortunately don't work with headless servers 

sorry Robby, I will get on to this tonite and upload 6 pbos. :)

Also because I love you guys so much I will let you in on a secret - I will begin work on a winter campaign when I return from holidays. :)

Already have 3-4 maps that will be used and pulling together equipment and camo now.

This will be a tribute to some of the great GR custom made mods such as Frostbite - if you guys have original GR and haven't played Frostbite - do it now - head to Ghost Recon.net.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Also because I love you guys so much I will let you in on a secret - I will begin work on a winter campaign when I return from holidays. :)

I'd better speed things up then! :drinking2:

Love your work dude!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Lol, I saw your post - I'm following it with interest.

:f:

Is there anywhere else to download the mission from. I do not have internet access on my game machine any longer and steam wont let me download the mission on my phone. Thanks

Diesel

Sorry just saw the link for the missions above.

Edited by DieselJC
Missed info

Mission 6 may not have worked for those with the pbo - I have a fix for it which I will upload soon.

I have also started working on what will be the last mission for this campaign which takes place at Docks and should provide that old GR feel.

Then I'm free to start working on a winter campaign which will take place across several maps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm interested to know people's thoughts on level of difficulty - the last mission I will be turning up the AI skill and accuracy level but just interested in what players think generally.

I deliberately set it a bit lower because these militia in Tanoa would not be as well trained as military forces.

My winter campaign will see a lot sharper AI and much better use of reinforcements to increase replayability.

• Like 1