lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Island Thunder 2 Campaign

yes i am adding more QRF triggers as the missions progress - just warming you up.

i will remove the muted sounds from the AI players to add some atmosphere for you.

ideally id like to use a stock BIS revive system but i dont think theres is good enough yet - thoughts?

i will look into this Vanguard thing you mentioned.

the mission is "warfighter :ravaged lands 2" not vanguard.

Mission 5 - Hammer Blade is up.

Haven't resolved the revive for SP yet ruff but working on it. ;)

And please rate my missions on Steam, it's all I ask for. :)

• Like 2

Mission 5 - Hammer Blade is up.

Haven't resolved the revive for SP yet ruff but working on it. ;)

And please rate my missions on Steam, it's all I ask for. :)

Rated.  :cheers:

So it seems there is no decent, working sp revive so I'm going to stick with Psychos Revive and suggest you play the SP missions through MP browser. It doesn't allow for unit switching unfortunately, but I will ensure through careful placement of enemy ammo boxes, munitions, and opfor units with specific equipment, that the leader (you) will always be able to pick up charges or launchers or sniper rifles, to be able to do the 'fun' stuff if you choose to / need to.

The promo video is hidden on Youtube, maybe make it public? :)

Gonna plan some of these missions soon with our community. Looks good.

• Like 1

So it seems there is no decent, working sp revive so I'm going to stick with Psychos Revive and suggest you play the SP missions through MP browser. It doesn't allow for unit switching unfortunately, but I will ensure through careful placement of enemy ammo boxes, munitions, and opfor units with specific equipment, that the leader (you) will always be able to pick up charges or launchers or sniper rifles, to be able to do the 'fun' stuff if you choose to / need to.

That's ok I played the sp with he current revive and have already rated your missions. You haven't tried Farooqs Revive? It's almost the same revive without the effects. it's just suitable for sp as it doesn't change the vision when you need to be revived and team switch. But all good will still play it with the current revive system.

That's ok I played the sp with he current revive and have already rated your missions. You haven't tried Farooqs Revive? It's almost the same revive without the effects. it's just suitable for sp as it doesn't change the vision when you need to be revived and team switch. But all good will still play it with the current revive system.

I'll have a look at it - last forum post in Mission Editing seemed to suggest it was a little broken.

The promo video is hidden on Youtube, maybe make it public? :)

Gonna plan some of these missions soon with our community. Looks good.

I'll look into that thanks.

• Like 1

Mission 6 - Jagged Flame is go live!

Thanks m8, great job. Btw any chance of "porting" the Desert Siege missions in the near future, using the CUP sutff ?

I will produce a range of GR campaigns in my workshop

Excellent, thanks.   :shine:

Mission 7 is in prod, this mission is a shout out to a classic Desert Siege mission. Should be a blast!!!

• Like 3

Sorry guys, mission 7 is about a day away - had some family commitments that came up but to finishing this mission.

Should be worth the wait. :)

• Like 5

I'm so fkn disappointed with the AI path finding - I have been working on this mission in a spectacular location.

If you did coop with 8 ppl you could load up the opfor and have a great time.

But if you leave it up to the AI, then the Ghosts become absolutely fkn useless - I lose an entire squad every time because they are incapable of navigating.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark! 

• Like 1

Hey lightspeed_aust, as a still rather inept mission maker I tend to look for mods to "afterload" or "attach" to my missions that achieve what I can't do with scripts due to lack of skill & time.  You have a lot more prowess than me of course, but might I suggest you try the newest version of the "Command & Control (C2)" Mod, formerly known under "adcanved squad menu"?

This mod at least SOUNDS like it gives back the lvl of control u had in Original Ghost Recon PLUS some of the stuff u could order AI to do in the Rainbow 6 series up to and including Raven Shield! Must still try it myself, but just wanted to point u 2 that little straw...

Hope u don't mind my suggestion and keep up your great work on Ghost Recon in A3 - IMHO your efforts since A2 were and are the ONLY way one will be able to enjoy the TRUE OGR  Spirit in a modern game since all the "official" sequels were arcadey shit :-(

Kind regards,

tourist

• Like 1

thanx for the advice tourist, unfortunately, it's actually the location, similar to problems crossing certain bridges - these guys are getting all caught up in this area. (don't want to say where becoz it will spoil the surprise.

but anyway, I'm gradually working through their path finding issues so i can work out where to place 'stuff'.

and thanx for your kind words :)

• Like 2

I've played your missions before and I am looking forward to this.
Thank you for your hard labors.

no worries mate - it's a pleasure.

there are 6 missions up already so feel free to jump in. :)

Finally........mission 7 is released! Hope it was worth the wait.

I am now going to work on the last mission in this campaign so have to make it special.

• Like 2