lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Island Thunder 2 Campaign

are all the addons u r using up-to-date?

I've just run a test too and I realise that CUP_Terrains_Core is also a dependency. I use it to add in a whole lot of objects that would otherwise leave Tanoa quite empty but I didn't even think about it.

As I progress my Ghost Recon missions I will actually move to a lot of other islands in future - Island Thunder 2 is just the beginning.

• Like 1

are all the addons u r using up-to-date?

i know that we keep our build up to date with a weekly update (typically we check and update on Wednesdays).

moving to CUP is a big commitment but our group largely feels that it's more than worth it ... terrific content and items / objects / units that are not necessarily represented in the ArmA-3-Verse. that and the fact that they are consistently rendered with ArmA 3 standards in mind is really a nice bonus. 

Agreed. It's not an addon in my view, CUP is a core part of Arma. We should never have lost all the objects from previous iterations.

The object palette is immense.

Loving these missions-they are really great.

One very minor thing-is there any chance of releasing a version that does not have the player and ai voices muted? it makes it a little un-immersive in SP. Like I said-it is a very tiny issue though.

• Like 1

Dude this is incredible!! 10/10 man. So so so good.

Thanx mate. ☺ glad ur enjoying it.

• Like 1

finished mission 4 pretty awesome!

Loving these missions-they are really great.

One very minor thing-is there any chance of releasing a version that does not have the player and ai voices muted? it makes it a little un-immersive in SP. Like I said-it is a very tiny issue though.

Yes no worries, will update this weekend.

Out of interest, will players replay these missions trying new approaches or just a once through?

• Like 1

I tend to do a run in SP then proper run in coop with some buddies. 

Would b interested to.know whether level of difficulty is right for sp and coop.

Well I approached mission 3 with attacking the main base first and everything worked.

It feels like Ghost recon but maybe if you make AI teammates unmuted and if there is reinforcements if you go loud instead of silent I'll replay it again.

Yeah I think the missions are straightforward but maybe if you put side missions that will affect how Opfor will react. For example you could make the audible value of your team low so you could sneak up more on patrols. Or make the Opfor all alert once they hear gunfire. So it changes the dynamics. Or destroy a Comms tower or something so Opfor can't call reinforcements. If you don't destroy it then Opfor can call 3 squads of reinforcements etc.

Just ideas. Or if you use a UAV make a script that will tag them in game. There's a script in a mission called Vanguard I think that does that. Or support such as air strikes.

The missions are good in sp. is it possible to change the revive system though I prefer a different one where your vision doesn't get affected if you're changing team mates when you go heal yourself if you know what I mean.

yes i am adding more QRF triggers as the missions progress - just warming you up.

i will remove the muted sounds from the AI players to add some atmosphere for you.

ideally id like to use a stock BIS revive system but i dont think theres is good enough yet - thoughts?

i will look into this Vanguard thing you mentioned.

• Like 2

Did the airfield mission again in OGR after your remake, good work all round :D

LEJtZIa.jpg

• Like 1

Will you missions automatically install the required add-ons?  If not, can it?

I am looking forward to all your work lightspeed_aust, and your buddies.

No I don't think I can set it up to auto install, however, if you subscribe to all of the CUP add ons on Steam they will auto download. Same goes for my missions and CBA_3.

For the RHS addon they have their own website where you can download both AFRF and USAF - http://www.rhsmods.org

• Like 1

Next question, are all your Ghosts getting through each mission? Given your level of expertise handling the the Ghosts in SP, do you think that Ghosts who get injured should be more likely to die? i.e. die more easily if sustaining gun shots?

really want to get the balance right so you feel like you were rewarded by playing with tactical superiority and careful planning.

GR was pretty unforgiving in that respect so you felt good when you achieved success - I'm looking for the same here.

In mission 4, I lost 2 guys at the first obj but then didnt lose anyone else as I slowed it down a fair bit more.

Balance felt pretty good. Really enjoying how the objectives tie together in a way. Had some great CQB. 

Enjoying the missions a lot. Like Jeza Im playing in SP now but will play again on the dedi with some of the guys for a GR hit.

thanks man!

• Like 1

feel free to give me some ratings on the Steam Workshop :lol: be gentle!

Yeah lost 1 guy on the fourth mission, maybe QRF is an answer to give stealth players a bonus rather than going loud.  I reckon difficulty is pretty good. At CQB its unforgiving but its doable which is good and also makes you do team switching so feels very Ghost recon.

I think for me i dont like the current revive system cause it's not sp friendly. when you change team mates everything goes red and sways even though the unit your using isnt injured, it's very difficult to revive your team mate with that going on. Maybe keep the revive you have now for coop but use FAR revive for sp.

I prefer to have FAR revive for sp as you still need to get there on before your team mate bleeds out but it doesnt affect your view when changing team mates. 

• Like 1

ok i hadnt really done player switching before so will have to look at changing that up and running separate sp and mp missions.

yup just tested, that's broken

working on a fix now.

so hard to strike a nice sp, coop balance.