lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Island Thunder 2 Campaign

okies - I have ported mission one to Tanoa and will release it this week and progressively the other missions.

@ Ruff - I couldn't get playerswitch as this can be played in MP or as SP where you take the lead role - but I've run mission one twice in SP and it feels ok and definitely GR-esque.

• Like 6

A quick update.

I'm dropping the first mission in the next 24 hr.

Ive done some testing re mp vs sp. Dropping mission into sp folder allows for player switching. In sp you should always start in squad leader position.

Dropping it in mp doesn't allow switching, you could do it but it might break shit. However, SL can command the AI and bring them along for the ride. If one of the humans dies he can switch to AI slot. There are 8 slots.

I have added a script into each AI, opfor and blufor which adjusts weapon accuracy, detection skill. Seems to be well balanced so far.

• Like 3

Cant wait to play this-I never got to play your A2 campaigns and they look great.

As a strictly SP player, a Tanoa campaign is very exciting right now :D

A quick update.

I'm dropping the first mission in the next 24 hr.

Ive done some testing re mp vs sp. Dropping mission into sp folder allows for player switching. In sp you should always start in squad leader position.

Dropping it in mp doesn't allow switching, you could do it but it might break shit. However, SL can command the AI and bring them along for the ride. If one of the humans dies he can switch to AI slot. There are 8 slots.

I have added a script into each AI, opfor and blufor which adjusts weapon accuracy, detection skill. Seems to be well balanced so far.

Might have a look here mate if you want to try and get mp switch in some sort of working order (might break the briefings though?)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/83711-teamswitch-scripting-in-multiplayer/

Looking forward to the imminent release as previous iterations were awesome and just redoing OGR campaigns again for the millionth time!

Cheers.

Awesome cant wait! This should replace my disappointment with APEX missions.  

Third mission will be ready tomorrow and then I start releasing them - din't want to hand over one and have nothing else ready to offer.

Also, bonus is I have made the switch to Eden Editor (3D) setting up my mission template so it will be easy to crank out the missions going forward.

• Like 3

After what seems like an eternity and making the decision to move the campaign to Tanoa - Mission 1 is out - see opening post for link.

Should be able to play in SP or MP but as this is made in 2D editor it may be a little funky although it worked for me after testing a couple of times.

Once we get to Mission 3 I move to 3D Editor where I will start publishing separate SP and MP versions.

I hope this gives you the essence of Ghost Recon which was always my intention and always happy for feedback please. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the work lightspeed, got some nice OGR undertones and feels to it nice work indeed. All went well aside from extraction helo did not go exactly as you meant it to I think at the end, either way here is SP playthrough of my session:

Wow, Tanoa really lived it up to be the perfect setting of GR IT scenario, the mission played well but I noticed 2 things:

A-) My AI fellows ran outta ammo too fast (maybe they need 10 mags of primary ammo), before we could secure the first drop (the compound was cleared thou)

B-) The extraction chopper just touched and go like Jeza filmed, but also engaed me as enemy (I was with only  2 squad mates, I had team switched between 4 ai as I got killed several times, maybe my rating was negative?)

But so far so good =)

That bloody extraction chopper.

I noticed the chopper shooting at us too, will adjust friendly rating so that doesn't happen again.

I never ran out of ammo with my AI but then i restricted their firing. But i will see about adjusting ammo.

Note: if u play SP put the file into sp folder. If MP, other folder. I'm sure you can figure it out and it will make a difference when it comes to unit switching.

Mission 2 is up - see OP

Emerald Angel - Seize a cartel airfield.

• Like 1

I really liked mission one i played as sp.

Suggestions:

I thought maybe have the team blow up the cargo to complete the objectives. Also with the opfor AI maybe have them more aggressive by making them fire more constantly i like the AI opfor accuracy right now.

Will play mission 2 tomorrow. 

Are the addons listed in post #1 (CUP, RHS) still required?

Just updated post 1 - at this stage you shouldn't need CUP Terrains although it's possible that it's still sitting in mission file as a required addon.

If it works without that's great - if not, I will update the file and repost both tomorrow.

Suggestions:

I thought maybe have the team blow up the cargo to complete the objectives. Also with the opfor AI maybe have them more aggressive by making them fire more constantly i like the AI opfor accuracy right now.

I want to keep it realistic and I don't think they would blow up the boxes until they knew what was in them. :)

I don't think I can make the AI fire more constantly - in future missions the contact could be closer and more constant rate of fire - longer engagements they don't fire as rapidly.

Accuracy I'm happy with too - I think I found the sweet spot.

Mission 3 will be up within the next day or two and then probably a week to get 4 and all missions following.

I'm really enjoying playing these missions in SP myself actually. :)

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Great - sounds like a promising mission for the new map - and it uses present day stuff as I can't stomach the 2035 hypotheticals...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilverBack ... Viper One reporting in here...

Had a great time on mission 1

Looking forward to mission 2

How Copy ... Over...

edit- Mission 2 now complete... Great stuff... Definately has a GR feel... love it

Mission 3 is up - Steam Workshop for future missions - see OP for link.

Thanks for the work and quick releases, just went through part two was great fun good ogr feels as ever, will move onto three right away :)

Edit:

I get the following on mission 3, looks like no playable character selected or something:

(Might have something to do with CUP update a few mins ago?)

xHItBCB.jpg

I'll have a look into it thanks, first time using the Workshop so may not have packaged it correctly.

Worked for me Jeza - maybe we'll see if others have same issue.

Note: I'm moving all missions to Steam W/Shop - my Ghost Recon collection will be home to all future GR missions.

I will recreate DS and OGR style missions in that workshop too.

• Like 1

with the second mission it states i have a missing CUP vehicles addon