lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Island Thunder 2 Campaign

Wow! No response, that's surprising.

Sorry Lightspeed_aust, I was super busy with a pesky freelance and a night training on advanced After FX, but I´d love to test it out by the weekend! Cyper, Tokyo India, Panicsferd, Mynock and Misty Ronin can atest my wholeheart to testing SP campaigns =)

Cheers!

Ah 12 soldiers that shouldn't be a problem.

Please ping me a PM.

I'm having some issues with my GTX 970.

As soon as I resolve those (next 2-3 days) I should be good to test.

Email address domokun.

Im sending you lads all the missions tonite.

Sent via PM.

Good news seem to have resolved my instability issues (GTX 970 too heavily overclocked)

ok sorry for delay check your inboxes - i will send you first two missions to have a run through and see how you go.

you can add second squad to first pressing radio 0-0-1.

ok sorry for delay check your inboxes - i will send you first two missions to have a run through and see how you go.

you can add second squad to first pressing radio 0-0-1.

And sorry for my delayed feedback, I had to format my PC cus a freaking virus was blocking my net (but I was able to dl your 2 sample missions at work and play it offline)

Liked them a lot, a bit hard on SP, but cool on MP (12 humans would complete it nicely), but then again I may have rushed some objectives, but managed to complete both, thou with heavy casualities lol

One mission used RHS weaponry and the other full CUP, I personally prefer RHS weaponry and CUP gear/uniforms, but CUP only could be noob user friendlier

They are actual remakes of your old campaigns? I had a dejá-vu, but it was nice, a positive dejá-vu, so bring it on, I wanna it all =)

(Sorry for this brief response, still reinstalling Arma3, need my military fix, and fast... if you want, I can be more through)

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback.

There are some similar missions, particularly first, as a reminder of where it all began but evolves into different campaign.

ÃŒve decided to release MP campaign and modify missions to SP.

You can release both: a single file (SP campaign) to put on Campaign folder, and separate MP mission files for MPMissions folder.... Apex camapign will be coop-able, but I think BIS is still perfecting the code for COOP in a otherwise SP campaign =)

Loved the audio dialogs, so how the loadout is going to work? some mission use RHS and other CUP only weaponry or you were just trying both to see which fits best?

Ohhh recalled a little bug: the second mission, the attack on the druglord´s airport, the exfil chopper touched the ground and immediatly took off, abandoning me at the beach, to face my own destiny lol

cheers! 

Ok a couple of things that don't make sense:

• Weapon load outs should have been exactly the same for both missions - all RHS weapons as primarys, AT was a CUP PCML - that should have been the only CUP weapon.
  • There was no chopper in the second mission, so I think you might be confused. :)

Emerald Angel, the second mission... has only CUP weaponry and I have "photografic proof" of that:

75F9BD482EF102FD847E1E7A417E129EEC13340B

24C60FA98FA22448A4843B7922F5BF6414A9083F

Maybe it was an old WIP version? it was labeled as v3 on the file youé sent us!

But indeed you´re right, the chopper extraction was on Harvest Glow, my bad, but that freaking pilot touched the ground and took off without waitng me get in...I was left4Dead =P

Cheers!

You're using another mod? Shouldn't be any Morphine Injection in there.

CUP Terrains Core, Weapons, Units, Vehicles.

RHS Escalation.

Panthera

Lingor

CBA3

Plz check yours and let me know.

I´m using dozens of mods (that mophine is from ACE), but none would replace RHS for CUP, and the Harvest Glow was fine (with RHS weaponry)

But OK, I´ll try it with only the required mods...

AAAAANNND still only CUP weapons on 2nd mission =P

30CC8BD8225A5B2BF23C7177E042F6FC4C27EE9B

You´re welcome, not really a big deal, I thought you´re just testing both combinations (CUP+RHS and CUP only) to see what would work best =)

And I´ve seen the "anxious chopper pilot" bug on other SP missions, it´s a common issue, easely fixable (I guess lol)

Whenever you need more playtesting, just give us a call =)

Cheers!

I tested the first mission a few times last week and again last night, so here are my remarks:

+ mission briefing is short and precise

+ mission objectives seem realistic, feasible and interesting

+ insertion provides atmosphere and tension (wouldn't a gunship accompany?)

+ voice-overs provide are clear, professional & authentic

+ regular attacks (every few minutes) ensures tension remains constant

+ alternate injury system seems to work very well (more realistic than default but not as complicated as ACE3 and AI-compatible!)

- AI soldiers seem to attack us alone or in pairs (more realistic to be engaged by squad or patrol?)

- Lingor seems strangely quiet (no environmental effects, e.g. wind, waves, tropical insects, brushing foliage)

- I never completed the mission (I keep getting slaughtered within sight of the mansion)

Q1: should I test this on stable branch (1.58) or dev branch (1.59)?

Q2. should I test this with ASR AI3 mod? I realise that AI mods can seriously impact intended mission design but ASR AI3 seems to be the most subtle and most popular of them all

I will test mission 2 tonight

Last night I started Mission 2 and noticed that my squad seems usually quiet.

Have you somehow silenced the squad using a scripted version of Mr Burn's MRB Voice Stop?

For example, when I issue orders I don't hear my commands can I received any sitrep from them.

So any ideas how to resolve their dumbness?

I am finishing this up now - sorry for the delay. I got burnt out.

I am modifying this though so that it's just 6 player coop as it means I don't have to change everything to create SP campaign.

You will just command a single squad but no player switching will be possible.

I will start releasing missions 1 by 1 to get them out there.

• Like 3

it made sense just to move this to Tanoa so that's what Im doing at the moment.

• Like 1

I really wanna try this but why is there no player switching in Sp? it's one of those awesome things that can re create the original ghost recon stuff also if it's hard enough in coop, team switching will help a tonne in sp as AI don't cut it in most scenarios. Also please keep the originals and one in tanoa. More different the islands the better!

I really missed out on your Arma 2 missions since I only got into OFP, Arma and Arma 3.

Would be good to play different teams in a single mission such as sniper over watch then as the assault team and then as a CIA agent doing a lone op to get Intel to send to the ghost so that they know where a target is. A over watch sniper team sets up as the assault teams get into position. Sniper teams take out the technicals and marks men while the assault team breaches.

Got carried away there but some examples.

Always been an Sp player so please keep team

Switching for people like me.

Rainbow six siege is one example that turned a good sp game to a crap sp game. Please keep Arma alive with sp missions.

There is unit switching in SP and I'm hoping to find a script which enables it in MP as well.

• Like 1