zebulontobiah

Help me with my new computer

can some one help me with this issue so i bought a new pc only because of Arma3 and i still get really bad frames on every server and even singleplayer my pc specs are 

Intel I7 4790k 

Asus GTX 970 4gb strix

MSI z97 gaming 3 motherboard

thermaltake 750w gold psu

g.skill ripjaws 16gb (8gbx2)

every other game i play has a massive improvement but arma3 hasn't changed at all from my depressing amd pc and its really frustrating considering i spent alot of money to get this computer.

I have a very similar build apart from my GPU being a 770, not a 970, though in this game, that won't make any difference.

You don't mention what storage you have? SDD or HDD?

The question is, as Jackal says, what's you definition of bad frames, presumably you mean bad 'frame rate'?

As many of the people of above have said, what do you define as "bad frames"? This is extremely important as for me, and my typical frame rate I would say 26 frames would be bad frames. I'll assume when you say bad frames you mean un-playable so somewhere around 15 we'll say. First of all mods may heavily impact your performance, as well as things like fog which even with my beast PC it drops frames extremely bad. You might want to try messing around with certain settings as well. Anti-Aliasing is a setting that can sometimes have no regularly noticeable visual difference, but can do wonders for your frames.  

You can max Arma 3 at 60fps in singleplayer no problem on a 970 as long as you have sensible view distances. My Dad runs a 470 and doesn't have to turn much off to get 60fps in singleplayer (i5 760@3.8ghz)

Maybe your CPU is throttling due to an incorrectly seated cooler? Have you checked your CPU temps using something like AIDA 64?

Maybe your GPU is throttling for the same reason (less likely) also monitor your GPU temps with something like AIDA 64.

Have you got DSR enabled in your Nvidia driver software? That hurts frames.

Vanilla singleplayer should run 40-60fps.

Multiplayer should be 30-60fps in a good mission and server. In base that has multiple vehicles and players it can drop lower but it should help when you get out.

Just reduce the view distances and object quality. In multiplayer even 200m change can be as big as 15fps change in some cases.

I know people always mention how CPU intensive Arma is, but the one thing that is never brought up is your hard drive. over the last year I have changed my CPU from an i5 4440 to an i5 4690k and my GPU from a GTX760 to a GTX 980, yet the biggest performance increase came when I switched from a HDD to SSD. I really cant explain how much better it makes Arma run! Aside from a general improved framerate it also fixes things like the big dip in fps seen when you fly low over a town in a chopper etc.

So could you tell us if you have an SSD or HDD , what mods are running and also CPU and GPU temps.

No answer from thread starter at all since he asked 5. december 2015. We need more speculations, please more. We can make a facebook-group to discuss the 1000 possible reasons why he started the thread.