v6.0:  1/12/2018

- FIX: West Spotter net errors

- FIX: Zeus compatibility was missing from certain objects
 - IMPROVED:  All nets now have semi-transparent shadows

- IMPROVED:  Camo net crates now use the drop cargo model

- NEW:  Roadblocks and checkpoint signs

- NEW:  Editor preview pics for most items

v5.0:  6/10/2017
 - FIX: Those damn inventory popup errors.  All items should work within the inventory with no further errors.  Ammo crates are still available for mission makers etc. who wish to keep all items available at-once.

- NEW: Steam availability for those who can't figure out how to add mods the right way.

v4.1:  7/29/2016
 - IMPROVED: Vehicle placement scripts
 - IMPROVED: Revised readme instructions
 - NEW: 3D editor subclasses
 - NEW: Spotter Nets

Download updated PDF guide and new files (including bikey!) in the same location (see first post)

Spotter nets are transportable as backpacks.

New script logic - simply need to add the information within the INIT field and removed the need to copy scripts around.

New objects for use in spawning scripts:

- NEW: "Artillery Rampart" embankment:    pook_nets_fort_artillery_nest
- NEW: Satellite dish with tall pole:    pook_Satellite_dish
- NEW: Satellite phone:            pook_SatPhone

I have developed them since A2, so there are no longer backpack nets.  The only nets are now inventory-based and can be loaded in a backpack.  They are very light weight, as it stands to reason one could strap them to the loops on the outside of any backpack.  Sniper-hide nets, vehicle nets, and the A2 style "land" nets are present.

Signed PBO is here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!23951&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

Pics (from A2 version) here:
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!1848&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

Please report any errors you experience w/ the pack.

• Like 14

oh yeah, I remember using this addon for arma 2, used to and most likely will still love these. Mahalo for sharing!

some one make something like that in ofp many moon's ago really cool idea and cool for sniper missions

Thank you for such great mod.

P. S. Got a pop-up error "Warning Message: Cannot load texture pook_sam\data\env_land_co.paa".

Nice :D cant wait for the saMs.

Pw6 takes some time again here... -_-

Thank you for such great mod.

P. S. Got a pop-up error "Warning Message: Cannot load texture pook_sam\data\env_land_co.paa".

Yeah I batch-converted stuff and mixed up the folders.  I'll update the errant RVMAT's and re-release.  Of course soon the SAM pack will be out :)

• Like 1

Yeah v3.1 upload is complete... fixed that stupid popup error.  I also visually inspected all of the RVMATs and loaded up in game w/o any other mods... no errors.  So this should work w/o errors now!  :)  Same location in 1st post...

• Like 1

Hey Pookie, does this still work like it did in A2? If so, you're a god.

Been missing this one, Thanks fro updating them for A3 hcpookie!

/KC

Nice. Did you configure opacity and other parameters properly, so they could actually help against AI, without being bulletproof, etc?

Nice job!

When I open the Virtual Arsenal the camo nets in my inventory are gone afterwards, also i can't add them to an Inventory via additem command.

Am I doing something wrong here or could you fix this somehow?

Nice. Did you configure opacity and other parameters properly, so they could actually help against AI, without being bulletproof, etc?

Of course you'd have had to have read the A2 forum posts from 2011 to know the answer... 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/121432-camo-nets/

In short, YES the camo nets have a Visual GEO LOD so that AI will see them as a "bump" on the ground.  As described, movement and any parts of the soldier that stick out of the nets will be seen.  The fronts of the net are opaque to the AI, so it is literally a "bump" to them.  Movement when under the nets will reveal you to the AI as well.  Therefore use of freelook (head-only movements) is warranted.

• Like 1

Nice job!

When I open the Virtual Arsenal the camo nets in my inventory are gone afterwards, also i can't add them to an Inventory via additem command.

Am I doing something wrong here or could you fix this somehow?

These are "inventory" items like the watch and map.  I don't think I use "Virtual Arsenal" so I have no idea why that would happen.  All I know is when I walk up to the ammo crate, I can drop them into a backpack.  I would equip these at the very last... or use some other way to equip.

Of course you'd have had to have read the A2 forum posts from 2011 to know the answer... 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/121432-camo-nets/

In short, YES the camo nets have a Visual GEO LOD so that AI will see them as a "bump" on the ground.  As described, movement and any parts of the soldier that stick out of the nets will be seen.  The fronts of the net are opaque to the AI, so it is literally a "bump" to them.  Movement when under the nets will reveal you to the AI as well.  Therefore use of freelook (head-only movements) is warranted.

They've added some new config params to A3 though, I remember reading something in SITREP, about opacity.

Unless it's nothing new. Then nice.

Could you make a "strange kind of Net for me?  One with a Big white X in the middle?  To be used as a big gunnery target for planes...thanks.

Update v3.2:  This adds "A2 style" nets in all the different colors of the rainbow.  Listed as "FARP" tents.  This is the version you need for the POOK_SAM pack.  Same location in the 1st post.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just a suggestion, if you config your camonets as static weapons you could drag and carry them around with agm and Ace for more precise placement. And you can assemble and disassemble them into small backbacks which can be stored in other backbacks, too.

You apparently weren't around for the A2 version.  Backpacks were the bane of my existence, as they were brand new and were not able to be easily swapped for other backpacks with the rearm scripts of the time.  I made a decision to REMOVE the backpacks for that very reason.  The "drop" action I have now is the only real way to use these.  I'll not be putting backpacks back into this mod.

@ Teddy... you know you can swap textures on these to anything you want... it wouldn't take much to add a "target" texture to one, and presto your "target" would be complete.

They've added some new config params to A3 though, I remember reading something in SITREP, about opacity.

Unless it's nothing new. Then nice.

Opacity - that's news to me!  Very interesting...

I love these things.

I am getting that weird inventory thing too where with Asor gear selector I can see the nets and select them in my kit but  when i exit and the script adds the gear it isnt there. Same when I use an action to take it off the ground.

But if I use the ammo box or inventory to add or drop it, it works no problem. Not a big deal, more or an  odd bug but it may be  a mod conflict.

pook_zpsaz3cycok.jpg

Using my camo net to get a break from the sun while i watch the perimeter, having a smoke.... StTosin hates when I do that lol

• Like 1

So I've got this problem w/. the shadows:

netshadow.jpg

As you can see the shadows on the large nets correctly work.  The shadows on the upcoming "spotter net" with a static laser designator are SOLID.  I have replicated everything and I am wondering now whether RVMAT's etc need to be adjusted?  How does it know to make the shadows "splotchy" for the big nets?