Sign in to follow this  
Kryptongame

Weapon Sway opinion Votes

Sway  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Is Weapon sway too exaggerated (7.62 as example)

• Yes, it is too much
    • No, it is not too much

You can create a poll here my bad.

I'll do both. I'll post the straw poll to some other communities.

Agreed. Tell all your friends to come vote aswell!

Do you think it really matters if 100 people vote for yes? Do you really think it would make any difference for the Devs?

I voted yes but keep expectations low :)

I found that reducing the current values to half makes the game more playable.

player setCustomAimCoef 0.5; player addEventhandler ["Respawn",{player setCustomAimCoef 0.5;}];

Easy as that. A value of 0 practically eliminates weapon sway.

But given that I felt the need to do so, I'd say the current amount of sway is too much. ;)

• Like 2

Just two remarks: normal fatigue sway is pretty predictable and counterswayable. Then if you hold your breath you can get a totally stable aim even with 0 stamina left.

You may want to bind a different key than the right mouse button (which is default for both) to hold breath if you haven't yet done so, because excessive hold breath results in an uncontrollable sway. 

Just two remarks: normal fatigue sway is pretty predictable and counterswayable. Then if you hold your breath you can get a totally stable aim even with 0 stamina left.

You may want to bind a different key than the right mouse button (which is default for both) to hold breath if you haven't yet done so, because excessive hold breath results in an uncontrollable sway.

True, but I ALWAYS use my RCO zoom (highest zoom of scope), so I don't hold breath until my target pops up or is in view. I have noticed though if you hold breath too much, boy does it mess things up.

So far it's an overwhelming vote

No, it's incredibly irrelevant result.

2 000 000 copies sold, 400 000 players in last two weeks, 30 000 players right now VS 100 voters on the poll.

2 000 000 copies sold, 400 000 players in last two weeks, 30 000 players right now VS 100 voters on the poll.

I agree, but the same thing can be said about the overall small percentage posting on here wanting the punishing sway, and fatigue. 

Nobody cares lol

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Right. Anyone who's done actual studies or read through them would know that if you have 2 million copies sold and 30,000 active players, 100 voters is a such a small fraction of a decent sample size, that even if these results DID accurately represent the playerbase's opinion on the sway (which I feel like is better in some ways and worse in some ways than the sway with the old system), we wouldn't be able to know that from this sample size. Which means that A: no one really noticed THAT big of a difference, B: they don't know that the survey exists, C: they don't care enough to answer, or D: they don't think that it affects the gameplay any more than the previous system.

True, but I ALWAYS use my RCO zoom (highest zoom of scope), so I don't hold breath until my target pops up or is in view. I have noticed though if you hold breath too much, boy does it mess things up.

This has little to do with fatigue. It has been like this since Alpha. The only thing holding your breath does in terms of fatigues is hold postpone your recovery.

a more detailed poll would've been better.

i personally think it's more about recovery time than magnitude. after an intense sprint the sway would make sense, if it would recover much faster so you get what we now insatntly after the sprint but it also decreases instantly.

• Like 1

a more detailed poll would've been better.

i personally think it's more about recovery time than magnitude. after an intense sprint the sway would make sense, if it would recover much faster so you get what we now insatntly after the sprint but it also decreases instantly.

Yeah

Arma 3 is riddled with the need to tweek.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

:angry:  I try to shoot the enemies but it is impossible .. it seems, I'm on top of a boat trying to hit a target, it's ridiculous, stupid, this was one of the worst "Patch" ever .. from ArmA 1 never saw a something so stupid ..

Remove once this new authenticates crap "Sway".

When things are good it has to go move to spoil what was good .. how stupid ..

Not to mention the players of the old school, who turn away more and more of these things almost impossible to hit the targets now .. basically have almost cheating using scripts and reduce values that should already be default in the game.

(hold breath) -> In order to not waste keys... I personally have double bound it on the key you use for the compass. Because the compass does not appear if you raise weapon and look through sights. OK, you hold breath if you put up the compass, but that is not a problem, also you usually just put up compass for a fraction of a second. I'm using this since ages, it's pretty good. Of course no solution for the guys aiming with crosshair (nobody seriously does that ;)) or free aiming without raising weapon (wow?). I never do that.

As for the thread: Yeah, it's heavy sway, but with holding breath I could live with that. Not sure if it's unrealistic or too much.

OK so I wait until my guy calms down after moving into position, hit c to rest weapon, hold breath & the cross hairs seem to fight against me not wanting to go on target!! ffs ridiculous, no mods running.  Anyone else noticed this "awesome new feature"  :angry: