gareththomasnz

virtual3dgun looks beter than deltasix controller

princ.jpg

Man I want one of these badly http://www.virtual3dgun.com/index_en.html

I am not sure if they will sell it to civilians but I know they work with BI to integrate it with VBS3.

Definitely it will work with ARMA3 and oculus. Can we all start emailing them & they may provide more info including a price.

I asked them if its possible to buy the gun only, no headset or backpack.

contact.info@virtual3dgun.com

• Like 3

Hi,

I've tested this when I was in his stand at HOMSEC. The overall idea is good but there is some things can be improved ..

First, the first impression is weird because you have to get used to it, the gamepad under the weapon looks like a little joystick (similar to jone_kone) which its vertically positioned and the movements for this joystick are for horizontal displacements of the soldier so in some cases can be a bit confusing.

When you are get used to the gamepad another "issue" (or a thing potentially fixed in the future) is the response time in the rotational movements which limit you a lot in the battlespace. Maybe it wasn't calibrated well but when I was doing some quick moves, it's delayed in game at least 0.2-0.4 seconds (?), a TrackIR has a better response time (from what I saw). I think this is due to the latency introduced by the communication process between the PC and the devices via wireless/bluetooth.

The VR Google was good but the field of view this headset give you is limited at the point you can see under the "glasscreen" (not so much but maybe a 10% of your FoV), seeing what its happening around you (I mean, the real world). So the oculus is more inmersive than this (which I think its normal because the main focus of this VR Headset isn't the same as the Oculus).

Okay, the good point of this is the fast deployment in all kind of scenarios, allowing you distribute this in classroom with VBS3 already installed and the totally free movements without the need of wires because having more than 5 soldiers into the same classroom with wires is not a good idea.
All feedback I wrote before can be fixed, technically speaking except for the joystick... I told them an idea which it's already under developing in my university, the interaction between the human and a device via brainwaves, here is the Thesis (I think when I finish my degree in electronic system I will investigate more in deep about this).
The last but not least, is the overall cost production of this, which I think it's a low price product and this is good to be competitive.

Regarding to Arma 3.. I don't know but I remember one of them was in an A2 clan in the past and eventually they check some pages about A3 community, maybe he's still in a clan.

Congratulations to this spanish young entrepreneurs which have been able to bring an idea to reality in spite of the situation in Spain.

• Like 2

Yeah I really am only interested in the gun as oculus, trackIR etc can do the rest

Its surprising there are only two realistic gun controllers in the whole world

Yeah I really am only interested in the gun as oculus, trackIR etc can do the rest

Its surprising there are only two realistic gun controllers in the whole world

Well, we need Oculus to come to market and for games such as Arma 3 to start seeing some reasonable levels of use with it.

Once there has been some mainstream market penetration (fingers crossed) we'll start to see more consumer market variety. Something like this is just begging for a civilian market audience.

The only thing I could see standing in its way is really really terrible people with really really terrible politics who don't want average citizens to bring their milsim experience to a new level.

The CEO emailed me back & while they are presently focused on military applications they would like to release to the civilian market

He said it does work with ARMA and will work with oculus also

He said they may do a kickstarter - I think they need to determine the market size

For me peripherals can reach a high point of gimmickry, those life-like controllers are that point.

I request support for the NES zapper. I'd like to play seagull hunt every once in a while.

Satire aside, looks really cool. Looks like using a dummy rifle, but with more visual feedback than the typical "bang bang" from your pretend shooting.

To me, Arma is more about immersion than trying to score the highest amount of kills etc. I´m actually willing to sacrifice some accuracy and reaction time for a immersive experience. I do agree, that all of the above would probably be a pain to use as they are not optimized for Arma usage. I however still like toying with the idea of a realistic gun controller and it could be fun trying to play a mission or two using anyone of them.

It´s the same as playing a racing game with a gamepad... or with the full force feedback steering wheel, pedal, stickshift and helmet setup. :)