dr death jm

just a small thing about Test_heli_01 from arma3 samples?

I was using this sample to help make my addon work, but as time went on and my addon had some errors I couldn't fix I decided to test the source !

Arma 3 Samples Test_Heli_01..

it didn't work...

first there was error in :

model = "\Samples_F\Test_Heli_01\Test_Heli_01.p3d";

should be Test_Heli_01\Test_Heli_01.p3d";

then some other error with damage to rotor.

along with spam in rpt:

Warning: test_heli_01\test_heli_01.p3d:shadow(0), vertex: 791, sum of weights is 200, should be 100

Warning: test_heli_01\test_heli_01.p3d:VIEW_CARGO, vertex: 4291, sum of weights is 200, should be 100

when it came to p3d there were a tone of rpt errors, to many to list.

So my thing is how I'm I to learn if the source is not good?

Is there something I did wrong?

was I supposed to open the p3d files and burn them or something?

or is it just

it is what it is?

I'm not bitching just looking for answers ....

So my thing is how I'm I to learn if the source is not good?

Is there something I did wrong?

I don't think you did something wrong. Also don't go with sample RTD config which doesn't work as well.

How to learn? I would suggest by trial end error method, as most of us do regarding Arma 3. Yea, it's time consuming and not motivating but what else one can do? Sue the BI studio? :)

They'd gave us gift which is dev suite for tinkering with the armaverse and fitting it to our tastes and needs. Think about yourself as an explorer of a new lands and get a personal satisfaction from that ;)

There's nothing wrong with the configs. The samples of Addon are configured as a mod which has for entry point Samples_F. The simplest is to execute MapFolders from Arma 3 Tools which will create a mount point of the addon folder in your P drive or to copy and past the folder addons to P and rename it into "Samples_F".

I will update the documentation to reflect this ;)

There's nothing wrong with the configs. The samples of Addon are configured as a mod which has for entry point Samples_F. The simplest is to execute MapFolders from Arma 3 Tools which will create a mount point of the addon folder in your P drive or to copy and past the folder addons to P and rename it into "Samples_F".

I will update the documentation to reflect this ;)

Ok. Awesome tom thanks...

hey Tom_48_97 ☠ here is rpt of errors from test_heli

I didn't edit anything it is as is from bis

http://pastebin.com/RBayw9Jd

incase you don't read all the way to bottom of rpt

1. 15:32:43 Warning Message: No entry 'model.cfg/CfgModels/Test_Heli_01/Animations/main_rotor_1.type'.
  2. 15:32:43 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
  3. 15:32:43 Unknown animation type
  4. 15:32:43 Warning Message: Cannot open object samples_f\test_heli_01\test_heli_01_wreck_f.p3d

these are the big ones (errors).