ruPal

ruPal RHS armor patch + bonus

Patch that fixes armor problems with vests and helmets. Not perfect and don't utilize all features of Arma 3 v.1.54 but still usable.

Download link (v. 1.1): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29900

Author: ruPaladin

Bonus:

RHS M4/M16 UGL animation fix (v. 1.0): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29901

Author: ruPaladin

• Like 9

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a workaround so I can use RHS until they get an official update up.

Not quite so sure on the etiquette here, so sorry if this is a stupid question. Are the RHS folks ok with people releasing non-official hotfixes?

I don't change original pbos. Just add more that modifies configs. That method is 100% legal.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a workaround so I can use RHS until they get an official update up.

Not quite so sure on the etiquette here, so sorry if this is a stupid question. Are the RHS folks ok with people releasing non-official hotfixes?

This is pretty much a replacement config and as far as I know, no-one can and should deny replacement configs.

There is hardly any difference (legal wise) between this and Toadie's RHS-HLC patch or any other patch, so it doesn't matter really :P

Glad to see this fix though.

• Like 1

I get a error where it says 'addon rhs_c_troops required', i have RHS USAF installed but does it also require RHS AFRF (russians) to work?

I don't change original pbos. Just add more that modifies configs. That method is 100% legal.

indeed it is

There is hardly any difference (legal wise) between this and Toadie's RHS-HLC patch or any other patch, so it doesn't matter really :P

What Pufu said ^ 

In addition, Toadie is part of the RHS team  ;)

Does this cover the Insurgents faction?  Thanks for this

If this faction included in RHS, then yes. This mod modifies all vests and headgear for both RHS:USAF and RHS:AFRF.

• Like 1

It is just me or does anyone have the same problem that the soldiers still die by one shot in the chest even if they are wearing vest ?

this appears to only fix the Russian vests and not the american ones (IOTV vest for sure dont know about marine vest)  

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey kukus , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey kukus , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

this appears to only fix the Russian vests and not the american ones (IOTV vest for sure dont know about marine vest)

Disable other mods and try with RHS and fix mods only.

I'm just using MCC+CBA besides RHS and your mod. Your config seems to work when I use Virtual arsenal and I shot at the units with vest. But if I use MCC+ZEUS and i place RHS units i just need one shot right in the chest. That's weird.

I'm just using MCC+CBA besides RHS and your mod. Your config seems to work when I use Virtual arsenal and I shot at the units with vest. But if I use MCC+ZEUS and i place RHS units i just need one shot right in the chest. That's weird.

I can do nothing to that, sorry. This mod has too short life cycle to change something in it or something. I used old values from RHS configs and set protection to three parts Chest, Diaphragm, Abdomen with them for vest and Head for helmets. Armor works and you will notice difference with pistol shots. Maybe BI also changed not only hit parts but values too and RHS values should be increased, don't know.

Is there any diference how i load this fix? I mean in the launcher it must be before or after the RHS mods?

Is there any diference how i load this fix? I mean in the launcher it must be before or after the RHS mods?

Probably, no. I added original RHS pbos in requiredAddons section, so fix will be loaded after RHS mods and override original values.

• Like 1

chrys, armyguy277, thank you for your feedback. Mod worked only in VR arsenal. Found a problem in it. Here is a test build: [deleted]

Please, check it and give your opinion.

Please, don't put it on armaholic or PWS till official release.

UPD: Armor fix mod is broken. Please, don't use it!

Actually, it works but not with RHS units. You may put vanilla unit and give rhs vest or helmet, then it will work fine.