rekkless

For Those Complaining About The New Fatigue System.

For all those saying "an option to turn it off"

I thought (but could be wrong) that if you played at the lowest level of difficulty, it is off by default ?

Could be wong dough.

For all those saying "an option to turn it off"

I thought (but could be wrong) that if you played at the lowest level of difficulty, it is off by default ?

Could be wong dough.

The problem hereby is multiplayer. I use ArmA III for MP only since it has basically no SP value like ArmA 2 still has. You have no control over the settings in MP and are mostly forced to use vanilla.

The problem hereby is multiplayer.I use ArmA III fpr MP only since it has basically no SP value like ArmA 2 still has. You have no control over the settings in MP and are mostly forced to use vanilla.

If the server runs in lowest difficulty then its off isn't it ?

If the server runs in lowest difficulty then its off isn't it ?

Not an option for the more hardcore server I used to play on...but in fact even the most hardcore CTI serverds have by now diavles stamina anyway...so...really a good job by BIS they have created a feature that finally awoke the community to do somthing about it on its own. Problem is...the stinky sway stays as a gift nobody has asked for. Well I guess its a sign to me. Since i'm not the target audience of the series anymore I should simply walk away and stop to worry about it.

• Like 1

Ok , so ive read all of your posts , and i have to ask you as a target shooter to target shooter, what part of the sway is wrong to you , 

i find the mouse control and sway motion to be an improvement over before , now you may have a point in the severeness of the sway once you move , but once settled , i find it to be an improvement.

And to be clear about my shooting skills i shoot 591/600 on a 2x18 FITA round.

Not an option for the more hardcore server I used to play on...but in fact even the most hardcore CTI serverds have by now diavles stamina anyway...so...really a good job by BIS they have created a feature that finally awoke the community to do somthing about it on its own. Problem is...the stinky sway stays as a gift nobody has asked for. Well I guess its a sign to me. Since i'm not the target audience of the series anymore I should simply walk away and stop to worry about it.

If the hardcore servers already disabled the stamina, can't you ask them to disable or reduce the sway too?

Ok , so ive read all of your posts , and i have to ask you as a target shooter to target shooter, what part of the sway is wrong to you , 

i find the mouse control and sway motion to be an improvement over before , now you may have a point in the severeness of the sway once you move , but once settled , i find it to be an improvement.

And to be clear about my shooting skills i shoot 591/600 on a 2x18 FITA round.

I don't like to sound repetetive but there is no kind of sway with rifles on the shoulder that make you miss at 25 meters because of it in standing posture. Such things do not happen neither is there sway with 11kg heavy machine guns on a bipod in prone postion. Now please simply try both in 1.54. What we currently have is weapons moving on its own without the effect of actuall firing it. And this is currently most conspicious with the high powered DLC weaponry and off course RPG and guided Missiles.

Perhaps the sway should be more jittery in a much tighter radius when moderately fatigued so close targets arent really effected while still rendering mid/long range targeting effective? Kind of like its pulling away from center in tight jumpy increments requiring a constant centering readjustment. Extreme fatigue have no problem with druken sailor sway as it makes those steady surfaces look ever so appealing.

Redundant gonna redund.

Binos should be exempt from all sway as well.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks the fatigue system has gone from over exaggerated "my character is suffering from an asthma attack"-fatigue to arcadish-fatigue that replenishes pretty fast of you are not carrying 50kg of loadout?

Me and my squad like the new changes (we don't need our asthma inhaler addon anymore... I am serious).

Only the position of the new fatigue bar is placed badly.

Only the position of the new fatigue bar is placed badly.

You can move all the elements on the HUD - the UI Editor under your profile.

You can move all the elements on the HUD - the UI Editor under your profile.

I know, but isn't the fatigue bar attached to the ammo "box"? Haven't tried it yet ;)

After playing a number of games now with it. I think the actual stamina system is great. Probably not quite there I think with a few tweeks it will be sweet.

I do however have a problem with the weapon sway and how long you hold your breath for. There were multiple times in a fire fight my character wasn't even tired. I had just gotten out of a vehicles or I had time to rest and I was full stamina or close to it. And the weapon is still bouncing around like crazy. The character can also it seems to only hold his breath for a maximum of 5 seconds or so. Which is pretty sill, especially when you're trying to line a shot up.

Multiple times I would finally line my shot up only for the character to breath out and send the scope into a bouncing frenzy like he was on a water bed or something.

I'm not sure how a company like BI got this so wrong. I mean ArmA isn't in Alpha or Beta stage it is on full release, if this happened in DayZ I think ok, well it is in Alpha they will patch it. But this is a bit over the top.

So in summary while I stand by my original comments about the stamina system the weapon sway needs to be calmed down, without nurfing it though. Don't go from one extreme to another.

My take is this, the new fatigue system is a solution in search of a problem.  There was nothing wrong, why waste time on an unneeded "fix".  With all the broken, stupid, infuriating shit that we deal with in ARMA, THIS was what they decided to spend development hours on?

How about fixing the stupid animation system so I can stop healing/repairing/reloading to deal with a threat.

How about fixing the stupid animation system so when I die with an empty launcher I don't stand up, switch weapons, reload and switch back before I can move, shoot, go prone,  or run away?

How about fixing the stupid random "invisible fire/damage monster" that reaches up and kills you randomly if you move through a wreaked building.

How about adding a meaningful wound/medical system?

All that little rant being said, any change like this needs to be OPTIONAL (like the realistic flight model), a simple "yes/no" check box for the server owner/admin to check or not so their server can be "THEIR" server.

I would agree that is something that should not happen , however that is something i did not test as im having some PC issues so , yea i just could not have tested all of the permutations.

Sorry if you had to repeat yourself on my behalf. Most of my expirience is with the rahim and mx rifle. and that was truly funny for me as well i just had headshots in pvp with the new sway.

Not to say that its physicly correct. I'm personaly still bugged by the optics/ no optics sway before and now. 

I don't like to sound repetetive but there is no kind of sway with rifles on the shoulder that make you miss at 25 meters because of it in standing pos. Such thing do not heappen niether is there sway with 11kg heavy Mchineguns on a bipod in prone postion. Now please simply try both in 1.54. What we current5ly have is weapons moving on its own without the effect of actuall firing it. And this is currently most conspicious with the high powered DLC weaponry and off course RPG and guided Missiles.