srbknight

Missile Cruiser "USS Ticonderoga CG-47 "

I was so bored these days so i decide to create another model 

to be a part of my pack that will be released next year ! 

So here what i have Ticonderoga missile cruiser 

Will be armed with Tomahawks, Torpedo's, Rim's phanlax's and other useful stuff 

The pack will contain 

1. Air carrier CVN-78

2.USS Ticonderoga Class missile cruiser 

3. Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate 

4.Minor ships for utility and command 

AND YES YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CONTROL THIS (Drive)

(It will be part of CUP) 

Autors: SRBKnight, Tupolov

It will not have the arming menu but i am working on object modifiers

that will give you option to choose custom armament of the ship !

and that's all folk's :D !

1l02a.png

• Like 6

Nice!

But my advice would be to focus on one ship instead . We are used to see major mods disappear because the task was way to big for them to accomplish.

• Like 1

Agreed. How can you be bored already? You JUST started the Carrier thread/project. Which, by the way, we already have the Nimitz project. So you are just making more of the same. I'd vote for other Naval Assets like this one. It's the one huge area ArmA is lacking. My 2¢.

Agreed. How can you be bored already? You JUST started the Carrier thread/project. Which, by the way, we already have the Nimitz project. So you are just making more of the same. I'd vote for other Naval Assets like this one. It's the one huge area ArmA is lacking. My 2¢.

Exactly and BTW get ready because we are close to a quite big Naval release this month!

• Like 1

I love naval stuff and this is making me just a nice resting from all negative things during day ! So i am not creating this to promote myself and to close the thread after one month! :)

Exactly and BTW get ready because we are close to a quite big Naval release this month!

What is going to be released then?

What is going to be released then?

I can't tell more , it's not my mod but it will include navy ships and a little suprise :)

• Like 1

I can't tell more , it's not my mod but it will include navy ships and a little suprise :)

Damn now you make me very curious

HAFM ? Naval mod 

Yes i forgot i will need some help from people that know something more about missile implementing into arma 3 well the problem is i want to create realistic firing from VLS tubes!

Yes i forgot i will need some help from people that know something more about missile implementing into arma 3 well the problem is i want to create realistic firing from VLS tubes!

You could try and reach out to RHS? When your at that stage they may be able to lend a helping hand. 

• Like 1

You could try and reach out to RHS? When your at that stage they may be able to lend a helping hand. 

i think i will do that for sure !

Ok after couple hours i did this 
main model is finished 40%

2d7u2i0.png

• Like 2

Testing textures and finalizing the model the base of model is almost over after 14 hours of working then only things that are now objectives are minor details !! 

Mk41 VLS are finished! 

PS: Dont be disappointed with textures they are just half test because of "BAKING" test with blender !

167nzx0.png

• Like 3

To do Animation of MK-41 Vertical Launching System (VLS) 
(if you already work animation for A3 please send pm me i am new at this)

+ Feel free to suggest something about this or other things !w8kj8o.png

• Like 2

This is great progress. Keep it up this is great. Can't wait to be setting sail. 1 thing for you to remember is to make sure you set it up with physex ("I don't know how to spell it"). So you can walk around on the deck and land helicopters on the landing pad. But that will all come in time.

• Like 1

This is great progress. Keep it up this is great. Can't wait to be setting sail. 1 thing for you to remember is to make sure you set it up with physex ("I don't know how to spell it"). So you can walk around on the deck and land helicopters on the landing pad. But that will all come in time.

First thank you ! 

Yes physx of ship will be able to give people to walk on deck to control the ship (Drive) to use smart and precise cruise missiles (Missile operation) able to land helicopters on them !

• Like 2

In game tested as an static object to compare it for scale (PASSED)
Starting full texturing new and fresh look for the ship (ONGOING)

eqasuf.png

• Like 2

damn, nice one!

sadly, we cannot have naval battle here in ArmA3, she can only be use as a support platform for artillery and missile. 

• Like 1

Ok people, sailors, marines... latest pics from my Shipyard!!!! 
Added +2 Ciws Phalanx 

Added +2 platforms with Harpoon missile 

Finilizing model at 98% for now just small objects will be added and we were moving to the implementing this beauty into game engine !

14xjv9z.png

15im15.png

• Like 4

Looking good, the poly count is kinda high though...

EDIT: You would be able to decrease the poly count a lot if you would decrease the detail on the masts, radar dishes and such. You can do that easily by setting the rings/segments to a lower number (I personally would go for 8-12, depending on the scale of the object). The same goes for the masts. If the model you showed is the high poly and you just want to bake it onto a low poly forget what I said.

​

• Like 1