Space; the Final frontier.

These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilisations; to boldly go where no man has gone before. - Cpt James T. Kirk

E4GJmib.png

Welcome to ArmA 3: Star Trek - Evolution!

This mod aims to develop starships and weapons, seen from most of the popular series and titles of Star Trek! The project was originaly inspired of Abs' effort towards his mod 'Star Trek: Road to The Stars', which I intend to keep this at high priority. The project is not only inspired of Abs' mod, but prior to the next movie, "Star Trek: Beyond", which is in cinemas by 22nd July, 2016! In addition, plans are not final and more features may be on the way, this may include: Borg faction, characters, land vehicles and gear.

To kick-start the project, below are preview shots on what starships and weapons will be added.

Starships:

Federation:

- Armstrong Class (Finished)

91SdbnV.jpg

7NfkhUD.jpg

- Constitution Class (In Queue)

Starship-Enterprise.jpg

- Intrepid Class (Finished)

FEvqOy1.jpg

qicMXAv.jpg

- Kelvin Class (In Queue)

kelvin_final_03.jpg

- Mayflower Class (Finished)

tQPmvsH.jpg

- Newton Class (Finished)

4Px1V6C.jpg

kEVeElT.jpg

- Saladin Class - Refit (Finished)

jwNritn.jpg

- Mk. 9 Federation Shuttle (In Queue)

tlw_shuttlea_1.jpg

Klingon:

- Bird of Prey (In Queue)

latest?cb=20090610115812&path-prefix=en

- K'Tinga (Underway)

KG_MMM_SR_RKW_TMP_KLINGONS-500x319.jpg

Romulan:

- D'deridex (In Queue)

85566642-d2ef-4e5a-8039-4c261db09759.jpg

Weapons:

- Phaser Rifle (In Queue)

or2ezb.png

- Phaser Pistol (In Queue)

o8v4n5.png

- Sniper Rifle (In Queue)

14e2cef.png

- Vulcan SMG (In Queue)

34q6vx1.png

Also sneak peak at a prototype test for the warp drive system.

Disclaimer:

- Starships and weapons will be developed from scratch, not ripped or ported (as I already frown upon illegal activity). What this means, is that they will be developed straight from scratch in 3DS Max 2015 (Student Version) and in Blender. In order to construct the models, orientations/blueprints (like all modellers will use) will be used to accurately design the models. If you would like to know where I get most of these orientations/blueprints, you can find them Here. The two weapon pictures you see (Sniper Rifle and Vulcan SMG), however, can be found Here.

• Like 3

More science-fiction? Hell yeah!

Between this, OPTRE, star wars & Lost Dragons, I hope map-makers will deliver more sci-fi themed terrains, such as Bush's strange worlds! ;)

I'm playing with a little mission I'm making - more or less D-Day like, but à la Mass Effect - and I'm having a ton of fun.

...And to think that the first plans for Arma3 were to have Aliens instead of CSAT! ^^

• Like 1

More science-fiction? Hell yeah!

Between this, OPTRE, star wars & Lost Dragons, I hope map-makers will deliver more sci-fi themed terrains, such as Bush's strange worlds! ;)

I'm playing with a little mission I'm making - more or less D-Day like, but à la Mass Effect - and I'm having a ton of fun.

...And to think that the first plans for Arma3 were to have Aliens instead of CSAT! ^^

Cheers! ;)

Yeah all I am doing now before the end of this week, is setting up the blueprints so that they are accurate enough for modelling. :) (Also settling into 3DS Max 2015, after being used to the environment of Blender)

The first thing to work on will be the Saladin Class scout, which is a little easier to work on. After that, I plan to work on one of the weapons (primarily one of the phasers).

So what will we be seeing from this mod/Addon? 2 factions from the star trek unsiverse with there weapons and such? either way good luck!

• Like 1

So what will we be seeing from this mod/Addon? 2 factions from the star trek unsiverse with there weapons and such? either way good luck!

Mostly starships and weapons. However, characters and other things may be introduced throughout development. With regards to the two factions, I was considering a Romulan faction, but that will come later. (Not many blueprints around for their ships or weapons)

Small update on the mod, I made some progress on the Saladin Class starship. It's still a bit sketchy, but I only started this 2 days ago. (Final school exams for the year, at the end of this coming Wednesday. After that, major progress will be seen here ;) )

2ahysy9.png

• Like 2

UPDATE:

More work developed on the starship (had a lot more time yesterday than the day before) and finally finished. Take a look: :)

i3xtgVo.jpg

yOTWppP.jpg

UxsO2S7.jpg

9szBo6S.jpg

iiKospw.png

Next starship to work on will be the Intrepid Class, seen from the series 'Star Trek: Voyager'. Borg starships may be also added in this mod in due course. ;)

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Finalized the Saladin Class with a few tweaks, as well as a bit of work on the Intrepid Class.  ;) (Right now I am focusing on the engines, as they are a little difficult to mesh)

Saladin Class (Finalized):

jwNritn.jpg

Intrepid Class (Sketch):

SO1mZXd.jpg

VHT6Is8.jpg

HbMj3mW.png

• Like 1

Hi Ranwer135

these are looking good,  its interesting that you're modelling these huge vessels for arma, are these just going to be static objects or do you have some terrifyingly ambitous plan for walkable interiors, working teleporters and actually flying the things about?  ;-)

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with Star Trek universe but, man, I love the intrepid class concept!

• Like 1

Hi Ranwer135

these are looking good, its interesting that you're modelling these huge vessels for arma, are these just going to be static objects or do you have some terrifyingly ambitous plan for walkable interiors, working teleporters and actually flying the things about? ;-)

Cheers!

Yeah, they will be opened up so you can explore the ship, I am just creating the exterior meshes first :) (Teleporters and ambient sfx will be applied to it as well). The starships will use a VSTOL configuration, but I will have to ask some sci-fi developers on some guidance about this.

UPDATE:

Today, I have decided to look for more blueprints on different starships. At this time, there are 4 really cool vessels that are being added to the project. These are:

Armstrong Class:

fastfrigate_armstrong_nu.jpg

Mayflower Class:

frigate_mayflower_nu.jpg

Newton Class:

heavyfrigate_newton_nu.jpg

And finally a Romulan ship... the D'deridex Class:

85566642-d2ef-4e5a-8039-4c261db09759.jpg

The 3 federation starships have been seen in the first modern film Star Trek (2009). The D'deridex, I believe, is seen from one of The Next Generation series (It can be also found in the game Star Trek: Legacy). Nevertheless, I will continue my work on the Intrepid. (Hopefully I should have a lot of time during this week)

• Like 4

Cheers!

Yeah, they will be opened up so you can explore the ship, I am just creating the exterior meshes first :) (Teleporters and ambient sfx will be applied to it as well). The starships will use a VSTOL configuration, but I will have to ask some sci-fi developers on some guidance about this.

wow, sir i salute the scope of this project, good luck!

when i first saw the models of these i got thinking about all the cool mission design possibilities these could add; multiplayer ship crews, captain overseeing away team missions from bridge, etc. Maybe even using something like 'cosmos engine' (a spaceflight mod for arma 3 from a while back, pretty sure its still on armaholic under 'modules') to have some actual spacetime.

'join captain Kirk on his increasingly desperate mission to find some kind of female in the armaverse'

something like that anyway ;-)

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Did some work on the Intrepid, especially around in the back and neck part of the starship. Currently, I am working out solutions towards the neck part of the ship, as it is a little hard to mesh.

qz85pky.png?1

mEwHno7.png?1

• Like 4

UPDATE:

Intrepid class almost finished, as it needs some work on the neck part of the mesh (Including the hangar mesh and small details). The Mayflower Class, however, has been finished during the other's development, as I found this easier to do.  ;)

Intrepid Class:

V1Exf3N.jpg

h7SXZGw.jpg

Mayflower Class:

tQPmvsH.jpg

• Like 3

UPDATE:

Intrepid Class finished, but small details for the front may be done throughout development. Currently, starting progress is being worked on for the Klingon starship, the K'tinga Class cruiser.

Intrepid Class:

FEvqOy1.jpg

qicMXAv.jpg

K'tinga Class:

pmoNmJK.png

Another cool, but well-known starship is also being added to the project, known as the Kelvin Class (or a.k.a. "Kobayashi Maru").

kelvin_final_03.jpg

Hi Ranwer!

Are your ships made of one single model/part?
I'm asking because I recently realized that huge vehicles can vanish when you look at them from a certain angle, as discussed here.

It looks like you're working on a bunch of ships at the same, so I just wanted to make sure you are aware of this problem! ;)

Hi Ranwer!

Are your ships made of one single model/part?

I'm asking because I recently realized that huge vehicles can vanish when you look at them from a certain angle, as discussed here.

It looks like you're working on a bunch of ships at the same, so I just wanted to make sure you are aware of this problem! ;)

Models are made with multiple parts, but I am aware of the geometry glitch in ArmA 3, as well as in ArmA 2. I believe it has got to do with the collision shape, as I have had problems with it in animating. A couple of weeks ago, I recently tested collisionShape = "A3\anims_f\Data\Geom\Sdr\Perc_Wrfl.p3d" and collisionShape = "A3\anims_f\Data\Geom\Sdr\geom_empty.p3d". It seems the characters disappear if they use geom_empty.p3d, instead of Perc_Wrfl.p3d. (ArmA 2 Devs used geom_empty.p3d for some of their cutscenes, which were quite glitchy as well)

But I'll soon find out the results, once they are all in game and ready to use.  :)

• Like 1

What is the scale of these ships? Are they 1:1 in relation to the Arma 3 soilders?

Yes, they will be. If they are of not the proper size in Object Builder, I will have to scale it of course.

UPDATE:

Starfleet Starships Mayflower, Newton and Armstrong have been finished, which now leaves one of my most favorite ones to do, the Enterprise.

Armstrong:

91SdbnV.jpg

7NfkhUD.jpg

Mayflower:

ol4e3bM.jpg

Newton:

4Px1V6C.jpg

kEVeElT.jpg

In addition, work has also been done on the Warp Jump Drive (Only its code and sfx, though).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheWizardPE said:

Where i can download that mod¿

Welcome to the forums, please note there is no download for this mod as we are in the discussion section of the forums. Also the author of the mod last made updates in this thread back in 2015..

34 minutes ago, TheWizardPE said:

Where i can download that mod¿

"It's dead, Jim"

• Haha 2

ohh xD cmon, im just asking, i mean, i know that that post its from 2015, but i just want to know if i can find a similar mod for arma3 of Star Trek, i have one, on just i can drive a runabout, but theres more mods of star trek?