colonelhartigan

Getting stuck on the MP loading screen

yeah that is what we are doing now. Just playing on the Master Altis mission. We are literaly down to MCC, RHS, CBA and ACE. Trying to figure out which one it might be.

I can confirm it isn't AIA as we are having people not be able to log in on Altis.

Hey guys so a group of us from my unit spent probably close to 3 hours tonight playing with different combinations, different missions, different mods.

I won't bore you with our problem solving direction but I am 95% sure the problem with server crashes and people not being able to log in is the current version of MCC.

After many different variations and testing we eventually rolled back MCC to version 4.17 (from PWS) as people couldn't log in with any version of MCC 4.18, not from PWS and not from Drop box.

I don't want to say for sure that it is MCC, until we do a full stress test tomorrow with everyone on. But after much testing I'm very confident it is the current version of mcc.

I had this problem yesterday as well, but only as long as RHS assets were present at the start (or placed during preInit) of the mission. Our modset contains several other mods (including but not limited to ace³, bwmod, aiatp, leight's opfor pack, cba and lots of smaller ones). I found BW Kleiderkammer to be the culprit. By removing this mod, the missions loaded properly even with RHS assets.

• Like 1

Our clan has the same problem, but we do not have the BW Kleiderkammer. This is also in Arma 3 Version "Nexus"

I have an issue where when I join a server, I get kicked out of the game and it says "Steam Ticket Check Failed - Null" ingame -- friend told me this.

I have an issue where when I join a server, I get kicked out of the game and it says "Steam Ticket Check Failed - Null" ingame -- friend told me this.

That's just a general error message indicating your game crashed.

​Problem is still there even with the new PERF libraries from dwarden. Tried again today without any addons and a complete reinstall of Steam and Arma3 with all user config files and I still get stuck on the loading screen. No *.rpt errors or anything. Our server is dead now for 2 weeks, there is almost no reason left to put any more effort into this as our users just move along to other games that actually do work. I will do so, too. The lack of support (=NONE) from BIS on this matter is outrageous. Somehow I have a very strange feeling about this happening at the exact moment BIS tries to establish its dumb "Endgame" mode. Thats it. We had fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

Somehow I have a very strange feeling about this happening at the exact moment BIS tries to establish its dumb "Endgame" mode.

You mean this started nine months ago? Because that's when Endgame first launched... :rolleyes:

Some more info: My group has been dealing with this issue for a while and luckily it only appears every now and then. What I have noticed is that the problem only occurs in missions with the following respawn settings: 

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnOnStart = 1;
respawnDialog = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Base", "Counter", "MenuPosition", "MenuInventory"};
respawnTemplatesVirtual[] = {};

The loading screen sometimes hangs at exactly the same point when testing one of those missions on my client on a LAN-server. However, after a couple of seconds it will go away and the respawn menu will show an already finished countdown. We have not experienced this issue with missions that have no respawning. 

I first reported that loading into a mission on the same map in the singleplayer editor before rejoining the server would solve this problem but that has since been debunked. I guess we were just lucky when that happened. 

I don't want to say for sure that it is MCC, until we do a full stress test tomorrow with everyone on. But after much testing I'm very confident it is the current version of mcc.

What was your final result on this?  Was it indeed MCC causing the issue?

I don't think so Rellikplug

In last nights game we had people joining and leaving at will.

What we have done is removed ALL mods that haven't been updated since the update. RHS, Leights Opfor, CSat Snow tigers, Dynasound, TRYK, RDS Static Weapons and a few more. And we seem to have pretty solid connection and joining ability.

On the weekend when things were really bad I wrote a letter to our server provider and this was their response.

The issues you have explained are issues I've seen with the latest ARMA version. If you're running any mission or mod which was not updated since the recent ARMA version then it could be a possibility it is causing this issue.
The only errors it would print would be to the dump file, unfortunately, it is not easy to look at a dump file.

I've taken a look at the node and can confirm that our overall usage on the node is < 50% so it could not be related to the hardware.
Your service is also on the new SSD which is in this node.

So unless they are palming the problem off to me it really is a mod issue. Since removing the mods above we haven't had any issues. So basically if it hasn't been updated remove it.

my small group had many problems using AIA Terrainpack from different sources like torrent/ armaholic/ playwithsix

in conjunction with other maps and other strange behavior with missions we built.

since we all downloaded AIA Terrainpack new from torrent http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=6023

and added hotfix https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78l1r8Ot0x9VEYybTNTUFlyOEU/view manually

our problems disappeared, note all users of your groups need to do this or problem will persist.

may this information can help you and also important there are many mods around freaking outdated ... do NOT use them!

Hey guys just chasing any feed back people have had.

Over the last few days we have largely been playing vanilla arma 3 so i havent done much testing.

With the recent update to Rhs i thought I'd try it all again. I booted up our Zeus template mission (a modified version of master altis) and spawned in 2 missions in the MCC mission generator. One with russian units and one with insurgents as the opposing forces. Nothing really was coming up on our Web console as far as errors.

And with just those two relatively small missions running people couldn't log in.

Mods the server was running:

Ace3

Task force radio

Cba

Rhs

MCC

With the exception if tfar all those mods have been update past nexus update.

Previously to the nexus update we had no problems running our mission and mods and more. But now everything has come to a grinding halt.

The only way we can get people to join us have them join before the Zeus creates any thing. Have them load into a bare mission and wait for Zeus to construct the mission. Which puts the gm at more pressure to create a mission quickly. Before the update the gm could log in 30min - 45min before everyone else take their time build something and have people log in when it was ready.

Hey guys just chasing any feed back people have had....

Our community had the exact same problems and we narrowed it down to MCC. Disabling it fixed all the problems, but it's a shame since we use its functions alot. 

We're gonna try to rollback to an earlier version of MCC until we get a proper update of it.   

• Like 1

Our community had the exact same problems and we narrowed it down to MCC. Disabling it fixed all the problems, but it's a shame since we use its functions alot. 

We're gonna try to rollback to an earlier version of MCC until we get a proper update of it.   

We did just that, rolled back to MCC R16 Hotfix. We went back two versions just to be sure and it worked like a charm for us. Tried it out yesterday for a couple of hours and the issue seems to be gone. 

We tried it out on Altis with RHS 0.4 and 20+ more mods. 

Some more info: My group has been dealing with this issue for a while and luckily it only appears every now and then. What I have noticed is that the problem only occurs in missions with the following respawn settings: 

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnOnStart = 1;
respawnDialog = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Base", "Counter", "MenuPosition", "MenuInventory"};
respawnTemplatesVirtual[] = {};

The loading screen sometimes hangs at exactly the same point when testing one of those missions on my client on a LAN-server. However, after a couple of seconds it will go away and the respawn menu will show an already finished countdown. We have not experienced this issue with missions that have no respawning. 

I first reported that loading into a mission on the same map in the singleplayer editor before rejoining the server would solve this problem but that has since been debunked. I guess we were just lucky when that happened. 

Quoting myself here for context.

So far we have not had any problems other than missions with the respawn settings above (we are using the newest MCC as well). We did some testing and for now it seems that changing 

respawnOnStart = 1;

to 

respawnOnStart = 0;

fixes our problem. 

Well, I seemed to be out of options so, as a sort of last ditch attempt this evening I tried changing 

respawnOnStart = 1;

to

respawnOnStart = 0;

Low and behold, success;. issue resolved.  Loaded all our regular mods and everything is fine.  No hang at loading screen when switching teams or joining after the mission has started.

I wish I had checked this thread before all the other things I tried today  <_<

I'm wondering if my issue is the same as this one, none of my missions have been abel to get into the briefing screen on our dedicated server since the last patch, we get to loading screen then get kicked back to mission selection, and this only happens on MY missions, no one elses, yet my friends missions using the same mods load on our dedicated server fine. I have no idea what could be causing this.

Any update on this? For me its still the same....

respawnOnStart = 0;

put that in your mission description.ext

worked for me and haven't had a problem with this since.

Hey guys, same problem here since Eden update. MCC disable seem to solve the issue.

respawnOnStart = 0;

I tried this but no change. I'm working with Olsen's Framework so maybe it's related.

I'm currently experiencing this problem with a specific mission on my dedicated server. Here's a description of the behaviour.

Active mods:
@CBA_A3
@UNSUNG_3.0_Charlie

I have created two missions using the same mods, on the same map (the second mission was actually created using the first one as a template). One of them runs just fine, but the second does experience the hang on loading screen after role selection. 

The second mission is a bit more advanced, with more scripts running and active triggers. However, the second mission was tested every day on the server during development, by two players and everything worked just fine. Then I made som final changes and adjustments to the mission (just added some units, scripts and triggers) and when it was tested that evening the problem was there. The first mission still works just fine though, so the problem is not with the mods themselves.

The strange thing is, that the problem seems to be intermittent and not always having the same effect. My brother has been helping me out with the testing and sometimes one of us can get in and start playing, but after a short while the player is instantly returned to the lobby. Other times, the player stuck at the loading screen can hear som sounds and even the sound of a failed mission. This is not the rule, however, I'd say that 90% of the times we get stuck on the loading screen and the only thing that can be done is to forcefully end the arma 3 process.

I've even tried making a second version of the same mission and experimented with different spawn settings, both set in the editor and in Description.ext, bu nothing seems to work.

Anyone running UNSUNG and feel like checking it out the server can be found by searching for "Norse Raders Team Server" or DC:ing to 185.62.206.126:2602.

On 2/21/2016 at 3:16 AM, blaaz said:

Hey guys, same problem here since Eden update. MCC disable seem to solve the issue.

I tried this but no change. I'm working with Olsen's Framework so maybe it's related.

same issue, same solution
some people can go through without problems, others get infinite loading screens