colonelhartigan

Getting stuck on the MP loading screen

I have a small dedicated server for a small coop community, and yes we do play with some of those evil unsupported mods that really should be stricken from the Earth by now. After the nexus patch, every single non-Altis mission will have any joining players become inexorably stuck on the MP loading screen with the second phase of the loading bar around eighty percent, even if the mission consists solely of a vanilla NATO man standing about in the middle of a field and nothing more. Sometimes, rarely, the briefing map will flash an instant, and then the game will return to the loading screen, but if one is quick in hitting enter at the briefing map, the game will return to the loading screen with the addition of sound. Then, and only then, if any sort of dialog comes up, say, the old Virtual Ammobox, or an error message, the player is put into this mercurial game and any other players can join the server without issue. I've seen that players of Wasteland are having this issue, and apparently have a Wasteland specific fix, but the purpose of this post is to inquire if other players, playing nothing than a single NATO rifleman on All in ArmA's Takistan (or Chernarus, or Kunduz, or Duala, or Panthera.....), are also experiencing this.

.rpt files show absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Thank you. God save the game.

• Like 1

Same shit! I'm used to that with every new update Bohemia breaks the work of some addons, but this is too much!

• Like 1

I start steam.Log in.Go to start arma 3 and beside arma 3 on my games library it comes up "arma 3-running" .It stays like that for 5 seconds then for a split second it comes up "syncing" in blue letters then disappears and returns back to as if i just logged in and went to start the game.Urgently need help tried everything.RE downloaded Battle Eye.Backed up my files.Changed the start up in properties to   -winxp and -nobenchmark.But still the same thing happens.

Our group is having similar issues. For us it seems to happen while joining after a mission has already started. We are not using any of the mods described above. It should be noted that sounds of what's happening at spawn & background noises are there, but it just won't put us beyond the loading screen. Could using a headless client have anything to do with it?

Edit: I think it might have something to do with an error that we've been getting for ages "/soundbipoddeploy ....". The error pops up for .2 of a second and then disappears, leaving the loading screen. What I did was to load into a playable unit in the editor on the same map and then loading into the mission on the server after that and it worked again. 

same here. What I've found out is the server I host I can't join, stuck at map screen with load bar at 80%. Everyone else can join it.

We have a hosted server that I can join. Another issue is after the missions download it hangs and have to disco then reconnect and can finally join missions. This never happened til the update. By the way both servers are the same mods.

​Same here. Running with or without addons does not make any difference. Why does it always have to be like this when a new update is released...nothing works...no words from any officials about this issue

• Like 1

Same problem on our server, if you keep restarting the game you may get in if you are lucky.

I hope BI will fix this before we loose our playerbase.

I am able to run the mission in SP via hosted game or the editor. C'mon BIS you are loosing more and more players....

EDIT: Tested on DEV branch. Still the same problem

Wow the funny thing with ArmA problems if you always think youre alone, and there is something wrong with your files, server or missions. But this is the exact problem I'm getting too.

Yesterday our server randomly crashed 7 times before we gave up after playing for a short period of time.

Today it seems stable. We did remove all in arma terrain pack and reupload it.

But still the hanging at the loading screen. For players in the game it appears as the player has loaded, on the map screen under player they are fully loaded with a solid blue rectangle. But the player themselves is just looking at the loading screen. They can hear ambient sound effects and even read what people are tying on side chat.

But they just sit there on the loading screen and refuse to join.

I've gone through everything I can think of.

Of gotten players to emtpy their MPMissionCache folder in AppData

ive had people download this core arma 3 files.

I've updated our server and made sure all the files are up to date.

Played with and without mods.

Rebuilt my missions

even played on other mission maps.

This is really doing my head in guys.

Quite literally if you have someone join the server 30 minutes before the game to build a Zeus op, when players try to join to play that op they get stuck at the loading screen.

To make matters worse there is nothing in the .RPT files as to why this is happening.

We have the same exact problem with our dedicated server. Around 20 players joining and only the first 5-6 get in and the rest get stuck at the loading screen. Those getting stuck tries to restart Arma, steam and even the computer but still the same problem. When restarting the entire dedicated server the same problem occurs again: first players comes in and the rest get stuck in the loading screen. If you're in the game and get kicked out you can't enter again. This haven't happen at all before the 1.54 update. 

Well depending on how Bohemia feels about this issue we maybe on our own.

We did an operation tonight on Altis and there were no connection or loading issues. Afterwards we did a small game on Chernarus, back to loading issues. Fortunately today there were no random server crashes. But after about 10-15 minutes anyone who disconnected and reconnected would not load in, just ambient sounds and loading screen.

I'm not sure what will happen with AllInArmATerrain Pack interdependent maps like Kunduz or N'Ziwasogo. But I can confirm it seems to be isolated to All In ArmA Terrain pack maps and we are on our own as that mod is now abandoned and who knows when CUP Terrains is coming out?

​I have this problem even without any addons loaded on Altis/Stratis. ​Try your mission without any addons loaded. For me it is still bugged. I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with AiA TP or any other addon, because the mission works fine when hosted from the lobby or in the SP editor.

​EDIT: I just rolled back to Arma3Legacy 1.52....Guess what? Everything's working. Even with all addons loaded. The fault is not in the mission or any addon.

• Like 1

I have renamed my profile (in-game) by appending "OLD" to the end then created a new profile.  This seems to have fixed it for me; thus far at least.

Could the issue be related to corrupt profile data or maybe profileNamespace variables (Virtual Arsenal loadout saves)?

Well, as soon as I switch to another side it hangs. at the loading screen.  I can hear sounds but have no input.  Have to manually close the process.

I'm sorry I don't have more to help everyone stricken with this issue. The most I can say is that my community has fixed the issue by removing the @vault_mod and @bw_gear mods. We no longer have loading issues, either on vanilla, AiA, or ArmA 3 native custom maps. The issue is almost certainly with the various 'features' from 1.54.

So far, I have narrowed it down to one of these six mods:

RHS:RU, RHS:US, ACE3, MCC, CBA_A3, or AiA

It could possibly be an interaction betwixt mods, as well.

My group uses RHS RU and US, CBA, and AiA without issue as of last night,

Interesting you say that, my group uses those mods too. I'm hoping it is RHS as they are the only ones not to update since the Nexus update.

But for some reason I'm suspecting MCC, I might see if Shay is interested into looking into this further.

It could possibly be an interaction betwixt mods, as well.

Yeah, it definitely could be.  Hopefully some more "narrowing" will get it pinpointed...

Anyone got any further news about this problem.

We've had nothing but problems tonight, can't load in, server crashing. etc. etc.

Anyone got any further news about this problem.

We've had nothing but problems tonight, can't load in, server crashing. etc. etc.

Well does it crash when you don't use any mods? Then try loading one mod at a time to isolate the issue?