Saint Kapaulio Terrain by 1PARA {God-father}

About this project:
Size: 20k x 20k
Gridsize: 4096x4096
Cellsize: 5
Satimage: 20480 x 20480px.
2.1Million Objects place to date

Totally Fictional Terrain 

This Terrain was never intended to be a real place and it is heavily designed around our S.A.G mission we play every Sunday & Wednesday  @ 1PARA - but thought that others might like the terrain as well for some missions!

It is a Tropical  Style Island , with various Terrains  -  1 Main River running into a big open lake that leads back out to the sea,  A desert area  to the North , and a small Desert Oasis to the South, There are 2 Swamp areas  and the middle of the Island is fairly flat which is just great for Mission ( as with other terrains you always have the high ground to shoot down which I find just a tat like duck shooting ).,  to the East is all the Mountain ranges , and to the West area's is the hills for those duck shooters out their   :)

There are 2 Main Airbases 1 North West and the other down in the South east, the one down in the South is still under construction, as well as a few dirt landing strips for those smugglers spotted around the island.

There are 3 Major  Big Cities and hundreds of smaller villages and settlements,  6 ports , and lots & lots of Military compounds - as well as lots of spare space to build your own Fobs and bases with Zeus 

This was never meant to look perfect YES there are some roads that are not level and finished and some that you will have to drive very carefully over , but that is the whole point ! .

Saint Kapaulio is many things to many people. A tropical paradise, a vast staging area for a military Super Power, an archaeologist's dream, the lair of a super villain, a corporation's mining heaven, a retirement destination of the rich or a military objective that will be hard on any attacking force.
The vast terrain covers everything from high mountains, steep sided valleys and gorges, open savannah and lush tropical forests. The urban areas are both large and small but you will also find industrial areas of all sizes including offshore installations. The island also boasts a full-scale prison and a few secret "Black Sites".
For the military leaders planning missions, this island has everything. Mountain warfare, fighting in built up areas, open plains for armored operations, close in jungle fighting and amphibious assault. It is a complex 3D battle space limited only by your imagination.

Or, you may just wish to retire here as a virtual pensioner.......it's beautiful.

If you do like my terrain please consider being a patron i am only asking for $3 !    https://www.patreon.com/saintkapaulio

fc1da7257992fc36032e11db3df7a664_XL.jpg 2015-10-12_16-35-32.jpg 2015-11-02_17-57-41.jpg

Special thanks to ..

ALL @ 1PARA who have helped along the way you are an AWSOME community !
Silola  for  his x-cam   ( just wished i used it from the beginning !)
Milkero for his awesome tools.
Milkman & Smokedog for Jbad Buildings
Giallustio for his Objects
and all others who have helped me in forums !!!!!
  • Like 9

Awesome... looking forward to testing... thanks for all the hard work to you and Milkman...

• Like 1

i got to say I being playing the arma series for about 3 years, and this by far the best map I ever played on it great

• Like 1

This is one of the maps I've been waiting for the most! Loved the screen shots, cant wait to see it in person!

• Like 1

This map looks awesome man.

What are your future plans with Saint Kapaulio?

• Like 1

Thanks Foxhound much appreciated!

@  Aussie, READTHESCROLL - Thanks for the kind words  - I am sure you will find plenty of places for missions  - and it does give a lot of challenges completing missions due to the terrain :)

@ Somma  -   Cheers  - Well there is still a LOT of works to be done on the terrain  especially with Object placements & tweaks  hence [beta] -  and the North/ East still needs a lot of work so there will be regular updates.

Looks great..thanks for releasing it!!

edit:  if you are still working on it I'll wait to add it to the list of maps to be indexed for ALiVE

• Like 1

Looks great..thanks for releasing it!!

edit:  if you are still working on it I'll wait to add it to the list of maps to be indexed for ALiVE

Wait for it!

He has been harassing 1Para people with 5-min-ahead-of-mission updates for ages now ... I just hope Foxhound won't give up on him with the future I foresee!

(there you have it god-father, you are a very bad person)

Aside of god-fathers in-house updating madness great map with many, many different locations great for missions.

• Like 2

New mod v0.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey 1para{god-father} , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

Wait for it!

He has been harassing 1Para people with 5-min-ahead-of-mission updates for ages now ... I just hope Foxhound won't give up on him with the future I foresee!

(there you have it god-father, you are a very bad person)

Aside of god-fathers in-house updating madness great map with many, many different locations great for missions.

ROFL..... true  :)

I will keep those weekly updates just for you  t800a :)

New mod v0.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey 1para{god-father} , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hi there are something wrong with the dependencies on pws, it says that it needs african conflict (by massi) and not african foliage, the last being the correct one.

Sixt 

HOLY smokes man! This map is amazing, it's up there in rankings with Lingor, Ezbekistan, and a few others! What's amazing is this is only beta. I did notice that the southern runaway on the NW airfield is all squiggly. Also the runways are bunched too close to the tower in the center. USAF's C-17 cannot take off or else it clips one of the guard towers. Another suggestion I'd make is to create large enough ramp areas for say a single C-17 or C-130 to park, off load cargo, turn around and head back to the runway. Not to the scale like the Diego Garcia or Wake Island map. Again, absolutely stunning island man! 

• Like 1

HOLY smokes man! This map is amazing, it's up there in rankings with Lingor, Ezbekistan, and a few others! What's amazing is this is only beta. I did notice that the southern runaway on the NW airfield is all squiggly. Also the runways are bunched too close to the tower in the center. USAF's C-17 cannot take off or else it clips one of the guard towers. Another suggestion I'd make is to create large enough ramp areas for say a single C-17 or C-130 to park, off load cargo, turn around and head back to the runway. Not to the scale like the Diego Garcia or Wake Island map. Again, absolutely stunning island man! 

Thanks mate for the kind words, and recommendations ! ,  Ill be honest not even taken a flight off those runways yet  :)

Ill sort both main airbases out over the weekend  and add in those recommendations as that makes sense  thanks

• Like 1

HOLY CRAP! This map is genuinely extraordinary, was just looking around in it with the 3D editor, it's utterly brilliant. 

EDIT: Spotted one bug so far, the hilltop FOB at 056 170, the sandbags around the offices building are shifted to one side a bit so some of them are hanging off the building.

• Like 1

Beautiful terrain with some bad-ass points of interest.....well worth the additional addons required to play.....now please excuse me while I go explore some more.

• Like 1

HOLY CRAP! This map is genuinely extraordinary, was just looking around in it with the 3D editor, it's utterly brilliant. 

EDIT: Spotted one bug so far, the hilltop FOB at 056 170, the sandbags around the offices building are shifted to one side a bit so some of them are hanging off the building.

Thanks added that to my list of issues !

Beautiful terrain from what I have seen already...

• Like 1

Hi 1para,

There is a floating tree at grid position 083164

The more I explore the more i love.........please continue to polish this gem.

Thanks for that  - found and reset the height - bet that gave you a scare if you was flying :)

I'm actually discovering the map using Haleks' Ravage modules....it's a great setting for some post-apocalyptic mayhem.....yep, Kapaulio gives me those Lingor feels....

If i come across any more misplacements I'll let you know, but for a Beta, it's a solid piece of work........Be very proud. 

• Like 1

Uhhh....holy sh**!

This is one of the more original, well thought out, beautiful pieces of terrain I've seen yet in ARMA.  And the fact that you went with mainly JBAD/A3 assets makes it even better.

This is an outstanding map. Hopefully the guys over at ALiVE can get this bad boy indexed for a full map battle.  Outstanding work.  beautiful stuff.  (saw some floating sandbags on that beautiful mountain top FOB)

• Like 1

Thanks Autigergrad,  - yep amend the Fob as someone spotted that for me and have added a lot more trees / rocks on that hill.

I think ALIVE are waiting for me to finish things off a little before they index as it is still in BETA.

There will be a Update on Monday I hope that should sort out a lot of issues , and manage the Update better with a smaller file 150MB instead of the whole map being downloaded again, that way i can roll out fixes , updates quicker   :)

Some work on the Airport's for the fly boys :)

2015-12-06_10-44-13.jpg

2015-12-06_10-44-33.jpg

2015-12-06_10-43-38.jpg

• Like 2