mad_cheese

Ultra Simple Helicopter Request

U l t r a   S i m p l e   H e l i c o p t e r   R e q u e s t

heli_zps8ma05eo7.png

I'd like to share a little thing, nothing big. KeyCat asked for this feature in another project and it didn't fit. Since I can not say no to cats, I wrote an extra mini addon.

Description: 
Mini dialog to request any helicopter of your side, with a small crew that joins your group. 
Should work in any mission and with any properly configured addon, 2 chopper limit.

Download:
mediafire100.png

dbutton1_A3.jpg

required_addons.png
Community Base addons A3

Signed: Nope, since no MP restrictions were made and you could trick the script and spam choppers.

Usage: Press Hotkey (default: END) to bring up mini-interface. Choose and request helicopter. Helicopter will spawn a few clicks away and report in after 10 seconds, then fly towards your position. There is a limit of 2 choppers at a time to prevent spamming.

Known issues: Helicopter can crash on spawn in rare cases. 

Please note: There is nothing official about this. What you see here is me returning a favor to an old battle buddy and sharing it with you lot. No support, no updates, just so you know. 

Changelog: 

V1.1:
ADDED: Switch to choose between full crew and pilot only
FIXED: Bugs that would make chopper crash after spawn

Enjoy!

• Like 5

Thanks for making it! Looking forward to try it out..

Mjauu! ;)

/KC

• Like 1

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey mad_cheese , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hi mad_cheese,

thanks for sharing this work.

But I have trouble in getting your script running.  :(

Dialog works fine, but at the end all attemps are failed

- badly end for the crew in the sea (5 times/little bird and Ghosthawk)

- hoovering over my position without landing the chopper (2 times/Little bird)

Photographic evidence:

arma3-2015-12-04-06-59-25-92.jpg arma3-2015-12-04-06-55-29-53.jpg

Greetings

McLupo

Hey Mad_cheese, great mod! I really love it.

some reason the default end didn't work for me, possibly because im on a laptop but using the DEL key does so if anyone is playing on laptop and having trouble, try DEL instead of END

Ghosthawk camo works fine for extraction, i really love having parachute backup on operations.

Huron does seem to spawn in water though.

Hi mad_cheese,

thanks for sharing this work.

But I have trouble in getting your script running.  :(

Dialog works fine, but at the end all attemps are failed

- badly end for the crew in the sea (5 times/little bird and Ghosthawk)

- hoovering over my position without landing the chopper (2 times/Little bird)

Photographic evidence:

arma3-2015-12-04-06-59-25-92.jpg arma3-2015-12-04-06-55-29-53.jpg

Greetings

McLupo

if you want a pilot to land, try telling them to disembark since theyre part of your group, if this doesn't work, you could try telling them to eject although a large explosion may follow.

• Like 1

if you want a pilot to land, try telling them to disembark since theyre part of your group, if this doesn't work, you could try telling them to eject although a large explosion may follow.

...that´s an option, ;) 

My bad, sometimes I´m so foolish... :banghead:

..., but I have massive problems to get them spawn. Dunno why.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback, I think I know whats happening at the spawn. I'll fix it. Admittedly, I built this in VR so water and hills.... I was arrogant enough to think my code would not be destroyed by those but next thing you know... ARMA! Apparently i didnt think this through!

@McLupo: The addon is actually only there to get the heli,that's it. It will only hover at your position, Keycat originally suggested this as a feature for C2. So if you have C2, hopefully this would be an option to request a helicopter when you don't have it in your group. Thanks for the feedback and evidence my friend, I learned something from this!

when I said no updates or support, I did think that it's all working fine so in this case it doesn't count lol

• Like 2

Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback, I think I know whats happening at the spawn. I'll fix it. Admittedly, I built this in VR so water and hills.... I was arrogant enough to think my code would not be destroyed by those but next thing you know... ARMA! Apparently i didnt think this through!

@McLupo: The addon is actually only there to get the heli,that's it. It will only hover at your position, Keycat originally suggested this as a feature for C2. So if you have C2, hopefully this would be an option to request a helicopter when you don't have it in your group. Thanks for the feedback and evidence my friend, I learned something from this!

when I said no updates or support, I did think that it's all working fine so in this case it doesn't count lol

Hi Mad_Cheese,

many, many thanks for your efforts and support, which was normally excluded, I appreciate that very much.  :)

Greetings

McLupo

Hey Mad_cheese,

Love this add-on.  It's working good for me so far.   Thanks!!!!

I have 1 question . . . . When you don't need the chopper support any more, I can't figure out how to order the chopper to RTB (return to base / ie - leave my group & go away).  Am I missing an obvious, "thanks, but go away now" option somewhere?

-V

Parachute Request seems to spawn friendly reinforcements around 5km from my POS which can mean a 15-20 minute waiting time on arrival and even then some can die in the process of travel resulting in me to leave the AO to 'hook up' with them. if theres anyway to decrease this distance to 3km/2km as a min/max range, I think others would find this a useful change.

Hey,

I updated the addon and fixed the issues that could possibly make the helicopter crash after spawn.

Download:
mediafire100.png

Requires: CBA_A3

When you don't need the chopper support any more, I can't figure out how to order the chopper to RTB

:) there is none. The purpose was to be used with C2 - Command & Control which contains all these options!

Parachute Request seems to spawn friendly reinforcements around 5km from my POS which can mean a 15-20 minute waiting time

Ha! Actually the parachutes were not supposed to be in there, the addon just adds everything that is configured as "HELICOPTER". I do not actually maintain the addon, but if I make more adjustments I'll keep it in mind :)

CHANGELOG:

ADDED: Switch to choose between full crew and pilot only

FIXED: Bugs that would make chopper crash after spawn

• Like 2

Thanks for the update MC!

/KC

• Like 1

Oops I forgot: I also added a switch for full crew/pilot only ;)

CHANGELOG:

ADDED: Switch to choose between full crew and pilot only

FIXED: Bugs that would make chopper crash after spawn

• Like 1

Hi mad_chesse thanks for sharing this work!  Can i change the DEL key function for any other? Where I can change it.....

Thx!

Armaholic wrong link, the old Ultra-Simple-Helicopter-Request-v10 !!! not updated 1.1

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey mad_cheese , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hey,

I updated the addon and fixed some issues that were bugging me since against my expectations I actually use the addon myself now :)

Download:

mediafire100.png

dbutton1_A3.jpg

Requires: CBA_A3

Changelog V1.2:

ADDED: New custom Spawn_Crew function to prevent bugs

TWEAKED: Spawn conditions improved

FIXED: Chopper array modified to exclude "Base" models that resulted in "problem with crew" bug

Some way to add CAS to this?  I call it,it arrives,but has to make a gun-run or 2 before it picks me up?  A menu action "Make Gun-run" and "Follow me" -at a distance-in case I must run away from unexpected company.