BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

unknown.png

- I know Arma 3 Units is on hold but would be nice if this was Finished 

We still use it and love it !!!!  

• Thanks 1

Hey! I just created a unit for me and my friends to enjoy all together in-game: https://units.arma3.com/unit/badco
However, our unit insigna does not appear in-game no matter what. We've been many post on internet about reuploading the image, joining different type of servers (officials, dedicated, private, etc.) but nothing seems to work.

Is there anyway to make it work? Would be appreciated!
Thank you!

• Like 1

It is impossible to manage my unit, accessing the "My Units" dashboard is only possible after a couple of tries. When able to access dashboard, when I try to accept new members it always gives me an error.

Would it be possible to filter units by the mods they are using?

There is a particular mod that I want to use and I want to join a unit using that mod.

It is very stressful when you join the unit, play with that mod then it is removed.

Thank you.

When I check units.arma3.com , it shows my units but when I go into the launcher it says Units data acquisition failed. I also can't seem to connect to any official servers. Any idea why this is?

I have been playing arma 3 for about 2 years now, but I recently changed my SSD and reinstalled Arma, and now it just won't work for me.

Accessing, creating and joining Units are near impossible.  I also get constant errors trying to upload unit thumbnails.  I see this problem has been around for some time now.  Any ETA on when this will be fixed?  Is there perhaps another way to do it?

I don't think they care anymore. they haven't fixed anything for years. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, Korneel said:

Indeed, all further development of Arma 3 Units has been put on hold as our web developers now have other priorities. When we first started to work on Arma 3 Units, we knew beforehand that it was going to a challenge to fit into our schedules, which is why we planned to build it in three steps: step 1 (priority: must) - be able to create a unit profile page, step 2 (priority: should) - be able to have members via Bohemia Accounts and some modest in-game integration, step 3 (priority: could) - more elaborate features like being able to plan events. Although we managed to implement step 2, it unfortunately seems unlikely that step 3 will happen. Nevertheless, what started as a somewhat experimental side project really became popular beyond our expectations, and so I think we'd all wish to see such a platform be part of our future games. All in all, I'd say that Arma 3 Units is still a very useful way to more easily form or find a group with all of the base functionality being present. It might never leave 'beta', but we want to make sure it remains functional in the foreseeable future.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:06 AM, V1taminar said:

I can't join the Units. When I click to join any Unit .

On 4/21/2021 at 5:59 AM, beno_83au said:

@malliano https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/

As it says in bold near the top: All posts must be in English language. That, and both the threads you've replied to have all been in English.

Unit approvals broken

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

If this is not going to be maintained then it better be removed completely from the game. Otherwise It will cause many issues down the line for when Arma 3 reaches End of Life.

• Like 1

@Dedmen is this project discontinued? 

And if not, will you use it in the next ArmA parts too?
If so, then I've got some new ideas...

So serious questions:

I saw Dedman mention that the devs do still check/read this topic, so I wanna know, and probably anyone else here:

What's the plans for Units if there are any?

Will we ever Units come out of Beta?

Is there anything that WE as a community can do to help work on, fix, improve Units?

Why is Units website not loading anything and erroring out majority of them and how long has it been doing so?

Units was and is a really nice addition to Arma and to see it seem like it was abandoned kinda hurts. There's a lot of potential for coordinating group activities with it that aren't available to use at the moment because it's still in it's Beta stages and on the back burner.

I don't know why but I can't see any of my units that I have in "my units". It pops up as _ERROR for the past several days. I am wondering if it is just me or are other people experiencing this?

As for feedback, I really like this units feature. It's a shame it's not working for me currently.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:57 AM, mikuinstallgentoo said:

I don't know why but I can't see any of my units that I have in "my units". It pops up as _ERROR for the past several days. I am wondering if it is just me or are other people experiencing this?

As for feedback, I really like this units feature. It's a shame it's not working for me currently.

plus1

metoo icant see my unit

:(