BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

Hi, in the "characteristics" section when I try to create my unit I can't click on the "select" button to choose my principal attitude, etc... Does anyone have a solution ? Thank u.

Here's a screenshot of the web page https://prnt.sc/s6qyis

11 hours ago, DeadForest said:

I think nobody of support or dev team never read this topic...

They do.

Hey there, so I've been trying on an occasion, most often or not failing to access "My Units" on the ARMA3 Units Website.
This is so frustrating to deal with and there is honestly no reason in this day and age a website like this should be so hard to navigate or use. What is more this (according to searches), is an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. Can we please see a fix deployed for ARMA3 Units website so it can be accessed, and operated without such disruption. It can take hours to access on a good day.

The units page isn't working at all, my new member's cant join, its been like 2 weeks and we really don't want to move back to squad XMLs

Units is absolutely great, the only problem is it breaks literally every night... FIX IT - IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

• Like 1

it not work again. I found it working after 9pm only - are U guys runing this option on ur own pc at home after ur work time?

Doesn't work after 6pm and has been like that for about 6 weeks... Appears the Units site is in lockdown with the rest of us too...

On 5/8/2020 at 8:35 PM, Will24 said:

FIX IT - IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

Oh is it? Since when are you working in Bohemia's IT-Department and know exactly what the issue is?

It well be fixed as fast as possible.

• Confused 1

Here my feedback to the Unit System.

After the old way to make a Squad.xml did not work for me anymore because of an unknown problem what did not allow me to change this xml for me or join another it was a very welcome alternative way to implement this option I didn't had anymore.

I like this way to individualize yourself and give a way to identify you and your group to others alot and used it since 2014.

Anyways... I also think there is a need to improve the system and make some changes and or add more settings - make it a bit more userfriendly so to say.

First of all: if you create such an unit you allready geting trouble because you HAVE to make a description and this needs to have a minimum of 125 characters and this my dear people is exactly the problem why some of you were not able to open a group because you haven't realized that this is absolutly necessary - I did not at the beginning as well. If you have reached the 125 and everything else necessary is done as well you're good ... otherwise you are unable to go on.

The 125 characters are to much in my opinion and should be reduced to an absolut minimum of maybe 25 or you change the need of this description what would be probably even the best idea.

I mean It should be your decission if you want to add a description or not and shouldn't be forced especially not if there is not much or anything at all to say... So it should be optional and not required. Im not sure but I also think the biography isn't optional as well what it should be as well.

Next thing I've noticed... others as to the Squad.xml it seems like you can't add a short comment what would be shown in the game (in the playerlist under the users profile). At least I've not figured out what to edit to add this comment but I would like to add some few words - of course optional as well!

Than it should be also optional what characteristics it has. I mean if the "principal attitude" and "gameplayfocus" is not clearly defined why force the people to just do this?

Another thing I've noticed. You can't edit the units ranks. Only if you allready got members with the rank but you can just edit this players rank and not the rank itself. If I say for example Rank 7 is General it would be only for a specific player but not the others with the same rank but if I want to clearly define what this rank should be this would be helpful. So an option to just make this possible would be nice.

Well... this was it from my side. Thanks for this oppertunity and a way to easy realize this with the unit system but please... get rid of this stumbling blocks 😉

• Like 2

I have an old Unit that i have not been a part of for a long time. It's still showing up on my launcher and won't go away. I have even gone to that units page and blocked them, still there.  If I login to the Arma 3 Units page, it says im not part of the unit anymore.  I joined another unit, and its also NOT showing up in the launcher, but on the website it says i'm in the unit.  Anyone else having this issue?

I've been trying to make a unit but for some reason it wont let me. An error message keeps popping up saying "slug needs to be unique" What is a slug, where is it, I don't understand

• Confused 1

On 5/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, -A-I-R-B-O-R-N-E- said:

FIx Your Units Page, It Never Works Properly.

Facts ^

On 5/12/2020 at 4:31 AM, Dedmen said:

Oh is it? Since when are you working in Bohemia's IT-Department and know exactly what the issue is?

It well be fixed as fast as possible.

Been broken for years bud, they don't even care about it lol. So he's right it. It really shouldn't be that hard.

I think Units is a bit of a failed experiment.

The idea is great, the site looks slick and how it works with the launcher to select a unit (and get a patch ingame) works great. But looking at the front page and seeing "97896 units" registered, i think something went terribly wrong. I expected maybe a few hundred units to exist, maybe a thousand max, but nearly 100k units? That's 4 units for every Arma player (according to SteamCharts).

It's not something i would use if I wanted to look for a new group

Lusus, Make sure its the correct size. has to be less than 300 KB in size i think.

Can we please make it to where you can contact your members? because i forgot to write the applicants email address down and now idk how to get a hold of them. for the love of god please fix this!!!

Does anyone know why the unit icons in the launcher and the main menu are displayed normally, but are not displayed after entering a multiplayer game

On 7/22/2020 at 2:26 AM, Iiuyan said:

Does anyone know why the unit icons in the launcher and the main menu are displayed normally, but are not displayed after entering a multiplayer game

In launcher and main menu, you are downloading the image. In multiplayer the server has to download them. So something is probably wrong with the server.