BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

18 hours ago, T. Miller said:

Hi there,

Our community ran into some issues a while back, ever since the update of the 'MEMBERS' tab, now only showing 20 per page.

It seems like the 'MANAGE MEMBERS, RANKS & TITLES' has some bugs:

- A lot of members show up multiple times on different pages.

- Members are alphabetical on a single page, not throughout the whole list (it seems to just display 20 random members from that rank, and then order them alphabetically, instead of first ordering, and then cutting in lists of 20)

http://prntscr.com/gwj40s (page 2 of manage m, r & t)

http://prntscr.com/gwj4l3 (page 3 of manage m, r & t)

http://prntscr.com/gwj7g4 (page 8 of manage m, r & t)

Thank you for the details. This will need to be looked into. Please send me a private message with the name of your Arma 3 Unit.

10 hours ago, PFC-.S.Thompson said:

i love the idea of this but i do need help when i try to put a logo it says image needs to be over 400x400 and all of my images are and it will not stop.

Please send me a private message with the name of your Arma 3 Unit.

Hello there,

Our unit has some problems when it comes to characters in the unit tags. We decided the unit tags to represent a unit in WW2 named "Ox & Bucks". We tried putting the & symbol in the clan tag and it seemed to have no problem on the Arma 3 Units page, but when we enter the game it glitches out effectively changing the tag to: [Ox & Bucks] in-game and afterwards on the Arma 3 Units page as well. We tried multiple different variations but none of them seem to work. We would kindly request your support in fixing this manner as it means a lot to us to be named like that, since we are representing a historical unit and it's a shame the characters are too small of a number to call ourselves "Ox and Bucks". 

Thank you for reading. Hopefully the & symbol could be fixed to not bug out into forming the clan tag like that.

The unit: https://units.arma3.com/unit/oxfordshireandbuckinghamshire

The problem:

a8ssfwH.jpg

Edited by Kydric
Added the unit link to the post

On 10/14/2017 at 4:42 PM, Kydric said:

Hello there,

Our unit has some problems when it comes to characters in the unit tags. We decided the unit tags to represent a unit in WW2 named "Ox & Bucks". We tried putting the & symbol in the clan tag and it seemed to have no problem on the Arma 3 Units page, but when we enter the game it glitches out effectively changing the tag to: [Ox & Bucks] in-game and afterwards on the Arma 3 Units page as well. We tried multiple different variations but none of them seem to work. We would kindly request your support in fixing this manner as it means a lot to us to be named like that, since we are representing a historical unit and it's a shame the characters are too small of a number to call ourselves "Ox and Bucks". 

Thank you for reporting this issue, the issue is confirmed and IT/the web team will be looking into the issue.

6 hours ago, BohemiaBeck said:

Thank you for reporting this issue, the issue is confirmed and IT/the web team will be looking into the issue.

Thank you for your time. Please hit us up when it is fixed.

Hi there,

Our problem is that, suddenly, several members (7 in total) disappeared from our Unit. None has been expelled, or left by their own decision and no activity about it in the log. Is not the first time it happens ... :(

Where is the problem?

Our Unit is Clan ESUS (https://units.arma3.com/unit/clanesus)

Thanks for your help!

• Sad 1

On 10/19/2017 at 9:26 AM, Diablo ESUS said:

Hi there,

Our problem is that, suddenly, several members (7 in total) disappeared from our Unit. None has been expelled, or left by their own decision and no activity about it in the log. Is not the first time it happens ... :(

Where is the problem?

Our Unit is Clan ESUS (https://units.arma3.com/unit/clanesus)

Thanks for your help!

Have they since re-joined the Unit? How many times has this happened?

Sorry for the issues, I am informing the web team to look into this.

1 minute ago, BohemiaBeck said:

nobody has re-joined the Unit for now (we are waiting for your help). This has happened more than once, not exactly with the same members, but I remember that one does repeat this problem before. 

Thank You very much!!!

We'll be waiting for your help.

HI, I create my unit, and i can see it in the launcher, but, when I starting a game i can´t see the emblem in my shoulder or in cars, helicopters... also i push the "J" to see the players but i don´t see my user. I am member in others two units and we can see the emblems. Thanks.        

https://units.arma3.com/unit/saruf

18 hours ago, carlosluke said:

HI, I create my unit, and i can see it in the launcher, but, when I starting a game i can´t see the emblem in my shoulder or in cars, helicopters... also i push the "J" to see the players but i don´t see my user. I am member in others two units and we can see the emblems. Thanks.        

https://units.arma3.com/unit/saruf

Hi, I create my Unit, i can see it in the launcher

Sending you a pm to help troubleshoot.

I haven't played ArmA for a long time and was realy interested by the Units

However a few things are preventing me to finde the righ Unit from the nearly 20K Open Units

1) Add a filter by skill level/monthly play time.

Personally i'm a casual gamer (sadly does not have much time for it) and would be pleased to filter out units that have obligatory intensives training programs or that expect their players to play on a dayli basis.

2) Negative Filter.

For exemple, I hate PvP, so in the filters I tick PvE. The probleme is with units that does a lot of PvP and very litle PvE. They still get listed.

I would highly apreciate to be able to exlude Units that does PvP.

3) Alternative solution: a slider

A unit may do 75% PvP and 25%PvE, that way we are better informed about what to expect from the unit.

Nosseb

On 10/16/2017 at 12:46 PM, BohemiaBeck said:

Hello,

Apologies for saying, but the issue I reported with the "&" symbol showing in-game as "&", still hasn't been solved and it is very important to us that it is fixed.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Kydric

On 11/2/2017 at 9:40 PM, Kydric said:

Hello,

Apologies for saying, but the issue I reported with the "&" symbol showing in-game as "&", still hasn't been solved and it is very important to us that it is fixed.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Kydric

It is not yet fixed, sorry for the inconvenience. 

On 11/4/2017 at 11:00 AM, AlbayKilic said:

Hello everyone my problem is https://units.arma3.com/unit/7th-ohhs-alayi-gorevgucupenta Unit logo problem in game not showing logo in arm or player menu .... how to fix.. thank you

There is currently an issue with special characters in the Unit tag, do not use periods or any special characters for now, use only numeric digits 0 through 9  and/or letters A through Z without any accent marks.

On 11/4/2017 at 9:49 PM, PandaCore said:

How can I contact my members in the unit?

Message to other users in the Unit is a feature that was planned, but has not yet been implemented. There is currently no ETA for this feature. For now, all communication needs to occur outside of the Unit system.

34 minutes ago, AlbayKilic said:

BI Forum Team;

but my problem is related to the logo. not informations 

Please just give it a test and try with just regular letters for your Unit tag and let us know if that resolves your logo issue.

50 minutes ago, AlbayKilic said:

BI Forum Team;

but my problem is related to the logo. not informations 

The logo should be created as a "PNG" file, with a transparent background, no larger than 400x400 pixels

https://units.arma3.com/unit/lex

It will not work in a different format or size with different sides sizes (400x399 pixels or other combination of sizes).

On 20/10/2017 at 11:32 AM, Diablo ESUS said:

nobody has re-joined the Unit for now (we are waiting for your help). This has happened more than once, not exactly with the same members, but I remember that one does repeat this problem before. 

Thank You very much!!!

We'll be waiting for your help.

No news...bad news... :down:

As we have no solution at the moment :e:, we have decided to ask the missing members to reapply for their membership.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, AlbayKilic said:

Sorry to hear that, one more thing to try is to optimize the image file size by using tinypng.com
Change the filename of the image and re-upload, and test on a server that does display others Unit logo without issue. We have found that sometimes using an optimized Unit logo image, it sometimes will resolve the issue. 

16 hours ago, Diablo ESUS said:

No news...bad news... :down:

As we have no solution at the moment :e:, we have decided to ask the missing members to reapply for their membership.

Thanks.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope it will not be too much trouble getting your members re-added.

8 minutes ago, BohemiaBeck said:

Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope it will not be too much trouble getting your members re-added.

Don't worry, itsn't a big problem!

On 09.11.2017 at 6:16 PM, AlbayKilic said:

Have you completed these steps to merge your account on Steam?

MY UNITS

To make use of Arma 3 Units' in-game and Launcher features, please connect your Bohemia Account and Steam account (click here)

You see the name of your squad in Launcher, in the game can you choose it in the player profile?

P.S.

I tried your logo 400x400, in the game I see it.

https://imgur.com/sgDQHbT

Not all servers allow the use of the logo.

On 20/10/2017 at 11:26 AM, BohemiaBeck said:

Well,

I asked the members who had suffered the problem, to re-request their re-entry on the platform again ... But the platform did not leave them alluding to the fact that they were already inside. So I guess the problem is not that they have been deleted from the database, the true problem is that it does not show them in the list.

Can You help me. please? THANKS!