BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

On 2015-12-2 at 9:53 AM, bang from arma said:

I CANT MAKE A UNIT, doesnt give me option to continue 

me too

Can I make a suggestion that the search unit by name also searches unit tags and unit url as well? People are having difficulty finding our unit > https://units.arma3.com/unit/socomd

We can't fit SOCOMD in to the name because of character limits but I would suspect that because our unit tag is SOCOMD and our url is also SOCOMD it should show up when someone searches for SOCOMD.

Cheers.

Joe

I really like the Units feature and I hope that more is added on to it soon. I am also very excited to see the Unit Events come into play. To add on to this i would also like to say that the Grand Army of the Republic is looking for recruits. Anyone interested in joining can apply at https://units.arma3.com/unit/gar-unit. Hope you all have a great day.

On 2017-4-8 at 9:34 AM, Krystolyte said:

When I try to change the unit emblem, I uploads the new emblem, press save and it says "unit updated", then a red bar appears at the right side of the page and says "we encountered an error" and the unit still has the old emblem. The pictures are all .png and greater than 400x400 and less than 3Mb

Same problem here, I can't upload the unit emblem.

i dont know why, but the option for insert the unit just apear for me and for one friend, for anothers players of my clan dont apear in arma 3 profile

Greetings,

The "Hostile Takeover" unit <https://units.arma3.com/unit/hostiletakeover> shows an Internal Server error and will not display when trying to access it. This is problematic, as I cannot access the page in order to remove the unit from my profile. I believe this has to do with its large member count, but I am not sure.

As well, when I click the LEAVE UNIT button on <https://units.arma3.com/my-units> I get "An error occurred while performing the requested operation." So there is no functional way to remove the unit from my account that I know of.aNA6Auq.png

I'd like to replace that Unit slot with something else, so please let me know if there's any way I can remove the unit on my account in the meantime.

On my units profile, I try to add an emblem and I do it and everything seems fine it uploads fine but then the unit emblem words go red and the emblem never works? is this a glitch or did I do something wrong?

when trying to register a unit, I click the register button and nothing happens... I have filled out all the required info needed, so I don't see why it wont go past the finalization phase...

On 6/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, FlamingLizardGaming said:

The dropdown menus (location, age etc.) don't work when making a unit

Hello @FlamingLizardGaming, please send me a PM and I will try to help troubleshoot your issue.

On 7/1/2017 at 11:03 PM, cerberos81 said:

Same problem here, I can't upload the unit emblem.

Hello, @cerberos81, please send me a PM and I will try to help troubleshoot your issue.

On 7/5/2017 at 8:10 AM, varella said:

i dont know why, but the option for insert the unit just apear for me and for one friend, for anothers players of my clan dont apear in arma 3 profile

Hello @varella, please

On 7/6/2017 at 4:48 PM, Asanadas said:

Greetings,

The "Hostile Takeover" unit <https://units.arma3.com/unit/hostiletakeover> shows an Internal Server error...

Hello @Asanadas, we will be making a post with some more information on this issue soon.

On 7/15/2017 at 2:05 AM, Timey202 said:

On my units profile, I try to add an emblem and I do it and everything seems fine it uploads fine but then the unit emblem words go red and the emblem never works? is this a glitch or did I do something wrong?

Hello @Timey202, please send me a PM and I will try to help troubleshoot your issue.

On 7/21/2017 at 4:03 PM, Mr.Skellington55 said:

when trying to register a unit, I click the register button and nothing happens... I have filled out all the required info needed, so I don't see why it wont go past the finalization phase...

Hello @Mr.Skellington55, please make sure there are no red highlighted fields in the Unit creation process. If there is a red highlighted field it is either missing required information or here might be too many characters for the field. Please send me a PM if you have further issues.

@BohemiaBeck
Hi awhile ago i rejoined a unit that bi created and had the current unit owner transfer ownership back to me. Which means im on the second page of the unit, which is understandable if now rank was assigned but now the one lvl 7 member is on page one and im on page 2 as the only other lvl 7 rank. Also the unit page keeps asking me to apply to the unit of which im the owner and if i click aplly it then realizes im already part of the unit.

If i try to manage the unit i have to go to the second page first before editing option becomes available, its like i need to remind it that im the owner of the unit.
this problem was not present when i created the unit it would seem its only after i rejoined and had ownership transferred

also why would it make 2 pages with 2 sets of ranks, arnet they suppose to be on one page (if they all fit on one page as is the higher ranks with 2-4 members in) when you rank someone up.?

thanks for your time

36 minutes ago, jakes said:

@BohemiaBeck
Hi awhile ago i rejoined a unit that bi created and had the current unit owner transfer ownership back to me. Which means im on the second page of the unit, which is understandable if now rank was assigned but now the one lvl 7 member is on page one and im on page 2 as the only other lvl 7 rank. Also the unit page keeps asking me to apply to the unit of which im the owner and if i click aplly it then realizes im already part of the unit.

If i try to manage the unit i have to go to the second page first before editing option becomes available, its like i need to remind it that im the owner of the unit.
this problem was not present when i created the unit it would seem its only after i rejoined and had ownership transferred

also why would it make 2 pages with 2 sets of ranks, arnet they suppose to be on one page (if they all fit on one page as is the higher ranks with 2-4 members in) when you rank someone up.?

thanks for your time

Sending you a PM to get into more details.

On 8-8-2017 at 10:41 AM, BohemiaBeck said:

Sending you a PM to get into more details.

Hey @BohemiaBeck

I am experiencing the same problem as jakes, with my unit of 23 members (already had to delete the old one and recreate it so it wouldn't bug out, but it did it again unfortunately). Posted about the issue on the ArmA 3 discord but no replies for days

Also the tab with admins/operation officers is completely wiped of any members for some reason

17 hours ago, TheNightstalk3r said:

Hey @BohemiaBeck

I am experiencing the same problem as jakes, with my unit of 23 members (already had to delete the old one and recreate it so it wouldn't bug out, but it did it again unfortunately). Posted about the issue on the ArmA 3 discord but no replies for days

Also the tab with admins/operation officers is completely wiped of any members for some reason

Sending you a PM.

My unit insignia always has a white outline around it in-game no matter what size or transparency I use. Is there any way to remove this?

Allow more than

400x400

300Kb

PNG 

for emblems. it almost impossible to find any thing that narrowed down. 

We're having some issues this morning. I have a guy dedicated to managing the membership of the ArmA 3 Units. He's in the group, I changed his title this morning, but after that he's magically nowhere to be found. He's still in the group, you just' can't find him on the roster. He's set to be an Operations Manager for the group.. but is not listed as one, and you can't add him as one because he can't be found through searching the group (or possibly because he already is one, just it's not showing up?)

Somewhat related, but why can't 'Operations Managers', who are listed as able to 'Manage Members' remove people from the group?

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I've lost all permission to edit my team. The members list sees me as the owner but once I log-in the only thing I can do is leave the group.

Our web developer will be looking into the issues with admin rights as soon as possible. We'll report back when we have uncovered the issue or need more information. Apologies for the inconvenience!

The 1.BASIC INFO "Continue" buttom is não working.

Can help?

M4D3

Hi, I am an Operations Manager for a rather large Milsim unit, my question is how do we open the group up above 500 people.

Before people say 500 is the max limit I will submit this as another realism unit similar to ours who has MUCH more

https://units.arma3.com/unit/506th

At the time of writing this they are at 1284 users.

As I go onto our Arma 3 Units page we currently have 6 applications and I am unable to accept any of them, each time I do I get this message:

SepCm49EQ5u_lL52rCSkYw.png

So, going back to the main question, i know it is possible to get above 500, how do we since it seems we are locked?

Thanks in advance!

-------Edit------

Also a suggestion, the search feature should be able to search the WHOLE unit, not just on that page, we have 20+ pages of people in our unit, I wasn't a fan when you guys split it up by pages instead of all on the same page, but then the search function only searches on the page you're on which is a MASSIVE hassle!

Thanks again