BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

On 1/23/2017 at 10:32 AM, 2LT FitzGerald said:

In no way can i speak FOR Bohemia, however the chances are very low for insignias to be a part of Units.Bohemia. Squad XML is something that can be set via bohemia launcher, However Insignias are an in game addon which are two very separate features.

I wasn't talking about in game, I was just talking about making more rank insignia options available for the members section on the Arma Units Unit Page.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, Ki1roy said:

I've been searching through this post and have been unable to find an answer to my issue, so if it has been solved my apologies.

I have been attempting to register a new unit and am unable to get past the first page, "Basic Info". I have filled out every single category (with the exception of a website) and am unable to continue to the second page, "Characteristics".

The Continue button at the bottom of the page simply does not work, and I can't select the Characteristics tab by clicking on it ( a red circle with a line through it appears when i hover over it).

I've used both Chrome and Firefox to attempt this, and neither has worked.

There are no issues with the Name, Tag, or URL, there are no conflicts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot the issue you are having.

In my unit https://units.arma3.com/unit/uralserver66 the server is added 109.120.135.78:2604
But for some reason he is not identified as working.
---
в моем юните https://units.arma3.com/unit/uralserver66 добавлен сервер 109.120.135.78:2604
но по какой то причине он не идентифицируется как работающий.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, P.P said:

In my unit https://units.arma3.com/unit/uralserver66 the server is added 109.120.135.78:2604
But for some reason he is not identified as working.
---
в моем юните https://units.arma3.com/unit/uralserver66 добавлен сервер 109.120.135.78:2604
но по какой то причине он не идентифицируется как работающий.

The Arma 3 Units gets the status of game servers from Steam. Please check that the port needed for steam query/serverlist is ok and not being blocked.

BSvnQlq.jpg

It's progressing very nicely Beck...I'm looking forward to the Units One-Page environment to give information on Communications, MODS, Players and Events!  Well done!

• Like 2

Good mornig/afternoon! I have created a unit two days ago and uploaded a 400x400.png image, only problem is the image is not displaying properly ingame, anyone already had this issue and could help me? 

Thanks in advance @BohemiaBeck

4 hours ago, Boscarino said:

I have put the logo on an old unit, it worked, and the options are the same

What is the name of Unit? or send me a PM.

Make sure there is no . (period) or other non letter or number ending your clan tag for the unit.

What can I do about it I get my problem not solved since bohemia does not connect with steam and my arma3 launcher no connection with an acaunt manufactures.
Edited by NEOCAB
What can I do about it I get my problem not solved since bohemia does not connect with steam and my arma3 launcher no connection with an acaunt manufactures.

16 hours ago, NEOCAB said:

Hello, could you try again? IT found an issue and made a small change to your account.

If there are any others who find they have this same or similar issue where connecting your BI account to Steam is not working for you, please send me a private message so that it can be looked into.

Would just like to say that i see A LOT of potential in this - and that i hope it will develop further. This will make managing a clan, A LOT easier :)

Anyone else noticing that sometimes Units will not show the emblem at all, or appearing as invisible?

When selecting a member of a Unit that seems to affected by the bug, the emblem does not show up, however the space in the profile is left in for it.

The emblem seems to show up in the launcher when selecting the unit, and it also shows up when selecting the unit in the profile screen, however in-game it will appear invisible.

On 5/10/2017 at 5:58 AM, Boscarino said:

I have put the logo on an old unit, it worked, and the options are the same

I seem to be having the same issue, and same situation. I had one of my friends replace the logo on an already pre-existing unit and it worked fine, so it might have to do with newly created units.

It might be good to note that I also tried this though the Armasquads hosting site (using the XML link), same result, invisible logo.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:57 AM, IIIPlasmaIII said:

Anyone else noticing that sometimes Units will not show the emblem at all, or appearing as invisible?

When selecting a member of a Unit that seems to affected by the bug, the emblem does not show up, however the space in the profile is left in for it.

The emblem seems to show up in the launcher when selecting the unit, and it also shows up when selecting the unit in the profile screen, however in-game it will appear invisible.

I seem to be having the same issue, and same situation. I had one of my friends replace the logo on an already pre-existing unit and it worked fine, so it might have to do with newly created units.

It might be good to note that I also tried this though the Armasquads hosting site (using the XML link), same result, invisible logo.

Some servers can be set(configured) to not show Arma 3 Unit or Squad XML logo images.
Some also might have other issues preventing it from showing, and I think there is still an issue with Linux servers on the display of the logos.

8 hours ago, BohemiaBeck said:

Some servers can be set(configured) to not show Arma 3 Unit or Squad XML logo images.
Some also might have other issues preventing it from showing, and I think there is still an issue with Linux servers on the display of the logos.

Me and my friend tested this on the exact same server, so I don't think that is a possible explanation. The old modified Units logo showed, while my newly created one didn't, on the same server. 

It should also be noted that the same results also showed on other servers

sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

Edit: For anyone that might still have an issue not seeing your Unit logo, check and make sure your clan tag ends with a regular letter and does not end with a . Period or a | or any other type of symbol.

Edited by BohemiaBeck
check clan tag, use just letters

I'm kinda new but I registered my unit and was wondering how to contact those in my unit?

DEVIOUS780

As far as I know you cannot contact your members directly through Arma 3 Units (yet?). They can contact you if you edit an email address into the Basic Info page. Or use a website or a Steam group, etc. If you have to contact someone from your unit you can try to send them a message through the BI forum.

On 09.05.2017 at 4:09 PM, BohemiaBeck said:

The Arma 3 Units gets the status of game servers from Steam. Please check that the port needed for steam query/serverlist is ok and not being blocked.

BSvnQlq.jpg

Порты открыты, работают правильно, steam browser информацию о сервере видит.
А юнит по прежнему не видит.
---
Ports are open, working correctly, steam browser information about the server sees.
And the unit still does not see.
steam_browser.jpg

I am unable to connect my steam account to Bohemia so i cannot access units on the arma 3 launcher, every time i try to connect it just refreshes the page and says to connect.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:20 PM, P.P said:

Порты открыты, работают правильно, steam browser информацию о сервере видит.
А юнит по прежнему не видит.
---
Ports are open, working correctly, steam browser information about the server sees.
And the unit still does not see.

@P.PI was informed the issue in this case is due to the specific high port number that is being used. IT needs to make some changes to Units reporting server to allow for higher port numbers to be used. There is not currently an ETA of when this configuration change will occur.
For the time being, if you are willing and able to do it, you can change the port number to the default Arma 3 server port numbers(or very close to the default range) it should allow for the server status to work properly on Arma 3 Units page.

20 hours ago, Walrusking said:

I am unable to connect my steam account to Bohemia so i cannot access units on the arma 3 launcher, every time i try to connect it just refreshes the page and says to connect.

@Walrusking sending you a private message.

im trying to get a new unit logo to work on our uniform  it works everywhere but the game we click the check mark and no new logo we go to prefrences no logo on the unifrom or vehicles can you please help us if Possible https://units.arma3.com/unit/1stbattalionghostcompany5thplatoon ps i changed the link of the unit douse that matter?

1 hour ago, Schatten Krieger said:

im trying to get a new unit logo to work on our uniform  it works everywhere but the game we click the check mark and no new logo we go to prefrences no logo on the unifrom or vehicles can you please help us if Possible https://units.arma3.com/unit/1stbattalionghostcompany5thplatoon ps i changed the link of the unit douse that matter?

On 30/05/2017 at 8:07 AM, BohemiaBeck said:

Edit: For anyone that might still have an issue not seeing your Unit logo, check and make sure your clan tag ends with a regular letter and does not end with a . Period or a | or any other type of symbol.

could be a likely solution.

On 6/8/2017 at 4:11 PM, Schatten Krieger said:

it douse not work

@Schatten Krieger actually, @Brady_The is correct, you need to remove the period "." from the end of your clan tag in Arma 3 Units.
Change this:

Echo Sect.

to:

Echo Sect

And give it another try.