BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

On 7/2/2017 at 3:42 PM, john85oc said:

When work this on Linux servers?

i quote

i hoped to see this solved on 1.68 but still not working

i can't understand if it's a bug or simply not yet implemented...

on my linux server i can see my unit tag but not the emblems on units/vehicles

6 hours ago, Quatrack said:

Hello. My unit contains 18 players, but size is 19. Why?

Fixed. Thanks.

Hey! I would like to suggest the Unit Name size could be 40 instead of 30. Thanks everyone!

On 2/6/2017 at 6:27 AM, BohemiaBeck said:

Greetings,

There is not currently a set date for the transition out of Beta, however when it does occur it will be announced before hand. As Korneel stated a few posts up, currently the web team is working on several projects right now and Arma 3 Units main development is on hold.

Let me know where I might help!

Hi all. I have a problem with Unit Clan Tag. The fact is that the clan tag is displayed not in all cases. It displayed in slots of the game lobby, but is not displayed in chat (i mean text chat and history chat), not displayed in MP scores table.
I hope somebody could help me :)
My unit page
https://units.arma3.com/unit/oda316

On 3/31/2017 at 2:44 AM, JohnyCobra88 said:

Hi all. I have a problem with Unit Clan Tag. The fact is that the clan tag is displayed not in all cases. It displayed in slots of the game lobby, but is not displayed in chat (i mean text chat and history chat), not displayed in MP scores table.
My unit page

I have noticed that some servers have Squad XML disabled and some don't...and sometimes, if the Units page is down for maintenance, you might not see it until it comes back up and you restart ArmA3...

On this screen, I am unable to switch from playing with a unit to playing with no unit.

The message asking to link BI and Steam accounts forbid to change anything and you can't even hide this.

7qGooFD.jpg 

Edited by oldbear
Pic size

Have you tried the other option by unchecking it in Parameters?

I get so many errors anytime I try to mange my units! Please help!

Hello peeps,

Is there any information on updates for the unit system, like being able to add a information to certain members like Role's  / Rank / Language?
And being able to see that info ingame?

I really like the Unit system and how it works, Its easy for players to join a group and play with them :D

I've recently made a unit due to my Squad.xml hosted on Dropbox suddenly stopping from working properly. 

However, since making the unit, my clan tag appears, with the website and relevant information, but there is NO picture/logo on the player list, or displayed on my vehicle. It isn't a serverside setting as I can see others in-game who have their logo's working just fine.

I'd like to get a bit more information on this problem, thanks.

When I try to change the unit emblem, I uploads the new emblem, press save and it says "unit updated", then a red bar appears at the right side of the page and says "we encountered an error" and the unit still has the old emblem. The pictures are all .png and greater than 400x400 and less than 3Mb

I try one`s again, I have truble t connect Arma units to my Steam... any tips ? 

...---... 

Opstad

On 3/31/2017 at 11:44 AM, JohnyCobra88 said:

My unit page

Hello @JohnyCobra88, sending you a private message to help troubleshoot issues you might be having.

On 4/3/2017 at 0:06 PM, oldbear said:

On this screen, I am unable to switch from playing with a unit to playing with no unit.

The message asking to link BI and Steam accounts forbid to change anything and you can't even hide this. 

Hello @oldbear, it looks like from that screenshot you might not have the BI account linked to the steam account. Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot the issue.

On 4/5/2017 at 8:37 PM, DDWes said:

I get so many errors anytime I try to mange my units! Please help!

Hello @DDWes, sending you a PM to troubleshoot what you are seeing.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:00 PM, Dedeneder said:

Hello peeps,

Is there any information on updates for the unit system, like being able to add a information to certain members like Role's  / Rank / Language?
And being able to see that info ingame?

I really like the Unit system and how it works, Its easy for players to join a group and play with them :D

Hello @Dedeneder, thank you for the feedback. Units development is currently on hold while other priorities are worked on by the Webteam.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:14 PM, CallMehTOMMEH said:

I've recently made a unit due to my Squad.xml hosted on Dropbox suddenly stopping from working properly. 

However, since making the unit, my clan tag appears, with the website and relevant information, but there is NO picture/logo on the player list, or displayed on my vehicle. It isn't a serverside setting as I can see others in-game who have their logo's working just fine.

I'd like to get a bit more information on this problem, thanks.

Hello @CallMehTOMMEH, sending you a PM to help troubleshoot the issue you are seeing.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:34 PM, Krystolyte said:

When I try to change the unit emblem, I uploads the new emblem, press save and it says "unit updated", then a red bar appears at the right side of the page and says "we encountered an error" and the unit still has the old emblem. The pictures are all .png and greater than 400x400 and less than 3Mb

Hello @Krystolyte, sending you a PM to help troubleshoot the issue you are seeing.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:55 AM, Opstad said:

I try one`s again, I have truble t connect Arma units to my Steam... any tips ? 

...---... 

Opstad

Hello @Opstad, I have replied to our previous private conversation about your issue. Please follow up with me there.

• Like 2

Accepted an Application aaaaaaand........ There is NO way to see a members email after that? ...No way to see it in history?

If this is for security do you think that maybe the members can LEAVE if something becomes an issue? We are talking Email here.

Let us see the registered email contacts of people in our units we start, please.

Again, if I was recruiting via email, the OLD way, I wouldn't have any of these issues.

I just accepted a nice looking app, but I need to contact this person - unfortunately - now I have to REJECT them... Because I can't even ask them to an interview. (next time wont click accept because BIS wants me to treat life like Arma)

^^^ This ^^^ I thought this whole Units thing was supposed to be helping us make it easier to play together...

All it is - Easier to get a cute .xml

Edited by KC Boom

On 4/15/2017 at 8:39 PM, KC Boom said:

Accepted an Application aaaaaaand........ There is NO way to see a members email after that? ...No way to see it in history?

If this is for security do you think that maybe the members can LEAVE if something becomes an issue? We are talking Email here.

Let us see the registered email contacts of people in our units we start, please.

Again, if I was recruiting via email, the OLD way, I wouldn't have any of these issues.

I just accepted a nice looking app, but I need to contact this person - unfortunately - now I have to REJECT them... Because I can't even ask them to an interview. (next time wont click accept because BIS wants me to treat life like Arma)

^^^ This ^^^ I thought this whole Units thing was supposed to be helping us make it easier to play together...

All it is - Easier to get a cute .xml

Thank you for the feedback.
It is planned that in a future update there will be a way to communicate between members of a Unit.

There can be some sources of confusion due to the reasons why you have to link a Bohemia and a Steam account.

Because I am having 3 Steam accounts in order to play Arma/Arma2/Arma3 on 3PCs on LAN at home.

Of course I had 3 Arma/Arma2 box versions and in order to play Arma/Arma2 on Steam, I had linked my account.

But there have been some changes and Bi Store account was linked to Forums account.

In the process, BI had to change my nickname for some technical reason.

Having multi modified links on these 3 Steam accounts was probably messing the whole thing.

So that's probably why I had first to un-link then to link again my own gaming rig Steam account to my BI account.

It's working now  :icon_cool:

Thanks

I have seen replies with a similar issues that I am having but I was unable to find an answers in the forum.  I administer 3 units for our server https://units.arma3.com/unit/nak-elitehttps://units.arma3.com/unit/nak-command and https://units.arma3.com/unit/nakofficer for two of my units nak-elite and nakofficer the logos show up in game just fine.  For the third unit nak-command the logo does not show up.  I have tried the nak-command logo in the other units and it shows up fine, and I have tried the other logos on nak-command and they do not show either.  From this I am led to believe that it is something with the nak-command unit.  I have verified that the settings between the units are the same, and look for any setting that would prevent the logo from showing.  

As a side note,  the Unit logo does show up in the dashboard

I might be missing something,so if there is something I can do to fix the issue please let me know.  I could try to rebuild the unit but as I currently have three I would have to remove one first and therefor would loose all my users information.  Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot-for-BI-forum.png

VileAce

It's really would be much useful: ability for unit members to communicate with each other

10 hours ago, acebelew said:

I have seen replies with a similar issues that I am having but I was unable to find an answers in the forum.  I administer 3 units for our server https://units.arma3.com/unit/nak-elitehttps://units.arma3.com/unit/nak-command and https://units.arma3.com/unit/nakofficer for two of my units nak-elite and nakofficer the logos show up in game just fine.  For the third unit nak-command the logo does not show up.  I have tried the nak-command logo in the other units and it shows up fine, and I have tried the other logos on nak-command and they do not show either.  From this I am led to believe that it is something with the nak-command unit.  I have verified that the settings between the units are the same, and look for any setting that would prevent the logo from showing.

I'm not sure if this will solve it, but it sounds like there might have been an issue converting your image to a file format that is supported in the game. As a potential quick fix, can you rename your unit icon image file and re-upload it to the Units website? Let's see if that does anything. Apologies for the inconvenience!

10 hours ago, acebelew said:

I have seen replies with a similar issues that I am having but I was unable to find an answers in the forum.  I administer 3 units for our server https://units.arma3.com/unit/nak-elitehttps://units.arma3.com/unit/nak-command and https://units.arma3.com/unit/nakofficer for two of my units nak-elite and nakofficer the logos show up in game just fine.  For the third unit nak-command the logo does not show up. ...

There is an issue I just found troubleshooting with another Unit this morning. The clan tag for a Unit cannot end with a period.
Please change your clan tag from:

NAK Cmd.

to:

NAK Cmd

Without the period at the end.

This may be an issue that others will have until it is either fixed in the game, or a restriction is placed on the Arma 3 Units site to not allow for a clan tag to end with a period.

20 hours ago, acebelew said:

As a side note,  the Unit logo does show up in the dashboard

I might be missing something,so if there is something I can do to fix the issue please let me know.  I could try to rebuild the unit but as I currently have three I would have to remove one first and therefor would loose all my users information.  Any help would be appreciated.

VileAce

9 hours ago, BohemiaBeck said:

There is an issue I just found troubleshooting with another Unit this morning. The clan tag for a Unit cannot end with a period.
Please change your clan tag from:

NAK Cmd.

to:

NAK Cmd

Without the period at the end.

This may be an issue that others will have until it is either fixed in the game, or a restriction is placed on the Arma 3 Units site to not allow for a clan tag to end with a period.

Thank you very much.  I doubt I would have found that without your help.  Removing the period did resolve the issue.

VileAce 

I've been searching through this post and have been unable to find an answer to my issue, so if it has been solved my apologies.

I have been attempting to register a new unit and am unable to get past the first page, "Basic Info". I have filled out every single category (with the exception of a website) and am unable to continue to the second page, "Characteristics".

The Continue button at the bottom of the page simply does not work, and I can't select the Characteristics tab by clicking on it ( a red circle with a line through it appears when i hover over it).

I've used both Chrome and Firefox to attempt this, and neither has worked.

There are no issues with the Name, Tag, or URL, there are no conflicts.

Any help would be appreciated.