BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

Why was the ability to use certain punctuation in the titles removed? Why was it changed at all? After a suggestion I made was denied, the reason was you guys said you wouldn't be changing anything because it would mess with the website...  and now it has, in a very detrimental manner.

Unaware if this has been mentioned on this thread in the past, but I have a major issue with errors at the moment. I and others I know get them almost constantly when using most of the UNITS section of the website in particular. This is particularly bad, because I currently lead a small unit which is also recruiting, but I can't even access the unit to accept applications or give another member admin.

If there are any ways around this, or a certain explanation I would appreciate hearing it.

Thanks

• Like 1

Unaware if this has been mentioned on this thread in the past, but I have a major issue with errors at the moment. I and others I know get them almost constantly when using most of the UNITS section of the website in particular. This is particularly bad, because I currently lead a small unit which is also recruiting, but I can't even access the unit to accept applications or give another member admin.

If there are any ways around this, or a certain explanation I would appreciate hearing it.

Thanks

I too am having big issues trying to either access the Manage Units page or to even just log in to the Bohemia website via my existing account.  The Log In Java window pops up for a split second but then instantly closes down preventing any data input.

same here, i constantly endure internal server issues when i try to enter the unit section, either while trying to manage the unit profile or trying to manage members, I also get reports from those that visit the page to endure these errors. It is kinda a pain if you use that page as that one page to let people enlist to your clan.

I would like to see it fixed 

best of regards.

lhq

I noticed a potential bug.

When I want to add a Slack URL for my existing Slack channel entry, then I get the error: Invalid data for comm_channels.[1].type, got: "Slack"

The URL that seems to pass client side validation but fail server side validation is https://zulu-alpha.slack.com.

What is Arma 3 Units all about? I see you upload an insignia and create a Bio but in all reality what is it about? Is your insignia upload in game during MP game play for your clan? Or is squad.xml still have to be used (which I am looking into right now)? Just curious the point of Arma 3 Unit because looking at some of the insignia's it looks like joke because well they are funny...

What is Arma 3 Units all about? I see you upload an insignia and create a Bio but in all reality what is it about? Is your insignia upload in game during MP game play for your clan? Or is squad.xml still have to be used (which I am looking into right now)? Just curious the point of Arma 3 Unit because looking at some of the insignia's it looks like joke because well they are funny...

The Squad.xml will probably become obsolete if you unit uses the Arma 3 Units service. The logo will be displayed ingame, together with the clan TAG and other information define on the Arma 3 Units page of your unit.

• Like 1

People are using their squadParams to advertise their server/teamspeak/etc on other public servers. Most public servers have rules against advertising, and this makes it a bit weird.

I noticed a potential bug.

When I want to add a Slack URL for my existing Slack channel entry, then I get the error: Invalid data for comm_channels.[1].type, got: "Slack"

The URL that seems to pass client side validation but fail server side validation is https://zulu-alpha.slack.com.

Hi,

thank you for the report, this should be fixed now ;)

The Squad.xml will probably become obsolete if you unit uses the Arma 3 Units service. The logo will be displayed ingame, together with the clan TAG and other information define on the Arma 3 Units page of your unit.

Im using squad.xml to get my name in a pacht in left shouder and arma 3 units patch in right shoulder.

Will you give option to place clantag before nickname ([TAG] Nick)? For now clantag is placed after nickname.

Korneel, for scheduled events, will there be a weekly recurring option? For example, set a recurring event every Sunday and Thursday at a set time of day?

I suppose most groups have fixed weekly sessions.

• Like 1

i forgot to activate my account and now i cant get back in my own unit because i was the only one in it. How can this be solved?

Been having some issues with the Arma 3 Units system. Overall, it's fantastic, however for some reason, not all the time, but sometimes when you join a server it takes a long time to join, sometimes not even at all. So you'll click to join a server in the server browser and it will just hang in the map loading screen and I won't be able to get onto the server. If I take off the unit on my profile, it will work fine.

Been having some issues with the Arma 3 Units system. Overall, it's fantastic, however for some reason, not all the time, but sometimes when you join a server it takes a long time to join, sometimes not even at all. So you'll click to join a server in the server browser and it will just hang in the map loading screen and I won't be able to get onto the server. If I take off the unit on my profile, it will work fine.

I can confirm that issue, though I don't know whether it's realted to Arma 3 Units or not.

I'd like to know how to join a unit, a friend created a unit and I had to do a application on his enjin website (which he approved), but I'm not in his unit and I don't see any menu to join or any inboxes on arma 3 units website to actually accept the invitation.

Kat91

Probably the simplest way is to ask your friend who created the group to send you an invitation (using the name of your BI account). You will find this pending invitation in Your Groups in ArmA 3 Units. Just click to accept this invitation and your name will appear in the members list of the unit.

not sure if just me, but using Chrome I can't connect other accounts (Steam, Facebook, etc) I have to use Firefox for that, could be because I'm uisng addblock? no idea.

Hey,

I'm trying to make a unit on Arma 3 Units (obviously) but I cannot continue after the first page because the continue button doesn't seem to work.  I haven't over typed in any of the boxes (gone over the word count allowance) and all the links and such are correct.

Please help me!

I get this to.. but ever where i try to change somthing to my unit

I get this to.. but ever where i try to change somthing to my unit

I cant even create a unit! I've uses Mozilla, Chrome and internet explorer..