BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

There are programed operations of manteinance? arma units still inaccesible via web & launcher.

All working again this morning.

We needs to be able to type more than 4 numbers in the port area when we enter the server ip address. My server port is 5 numbers so I can't add it. Please fix this.

Any news about an Alias / Nickname which is different to the forum/BIS Name? This inflexilibity is quiet anoying tbh.

Or are we allowed to create a new account for the Unit page so we had a workarround?

The Arma 3 Units page seems to have some issues with displaying special characters/symbols like ' etc.

Furthermore, may I suggest that the mods are displayed as a list, neatly aligned? Longer names should simply end with ...

http://imgur.com/a/YhbZU

Last but not least I'd like to suggest another feature:

Would it be possible to change the names of members? I personally don't like it when the e-mail adress is displayed as member name just because it was used because one registered with it.

I can the doesn't edit units.

3bDqKtelxzM.jpg

This ^^ I am also still unable to edit my unit

This ^^ I am also still unable to edit my unit

I can the doesn't edit units.

3bDqKtelxzM.jpg

Hi,

thank  you for the report, please try again, the issue should be resolved ;)

When i launched the Launcher on Dev, my Logo's under "Dashbord" don't show in the boxes like they do on stable. What does this mean when the box has nothing by the names of the Unit in it but not the Logo?

Hi,

thank  you for the report, please try again, the issue should be resolved ;)

Thank you, all seems to be working well now :)

• Like 1

I would like to continue on a suggestion that I made earlier, and you only partially integrated:

Please change the way members are shown in the 'MEMBERS' tab, because the following list is not clear:

WQLjhbV.png

The current way the list is sorted is Alphabetically on NAME.

The way it should be sorted is: Alphabetically on TITLE > Alphabetically on NAME.

Would look like this:

nH74mVU.png

spark23

As far as I understand the unit logo isn't working as it should and the devs are looking into it. In the meantime you can still use the traditional squadXML which will be displayed on uniforms and vehicles. If you already have one, just disconnect your Steam Account from your BI account so that the SquadXML can be displayed. If you don't have a squadXML yet, just google for a "Squad XML Hoster".

spark23

As far as I understand the unit logo isn't working as it should and the devs are looking into it. In the meantime you can still use the traditional squadXML which will be displayed on uniforms and vehicles. If you already have one, just disconnect your Steam Account from your BI account so that the SquadXML can be displayed. If you don't have a squadXML yet, just google for a "Squad XML Hoster".

Yesterday I saw it when a friend get in in a helicopter, he have APEX. I dont understand at all how work exactly.

Here I am with another suggestion:

Could you add a "Mods" tab for each listed server? We have three servers the allowed mods differ from server to server.

Is unit logo visible on my character's uniform and vehicles? If it can be set - how?

Is unit logo visible on my character's uniform and vehicles? If it can be set - how?

The logo set in the Arma 3 Units description is used as ingame logo. It will automatically be shown on vehicles and uniforms which support insignias. However, the implementation is buggy currently, but supposedly fixed on dev branch.

What is the difference between these three positions? Does it show what the style of gameplay prefers squad or the status of the order with respect to the actually existing squad?

yCHmvnXwA1s.jpg

We've just rolled out a minor update to the Arma 3 Units website. Based on your feedback, the most important change is that we've uncoupled admin rights from unit ranks/titles. This means you can now be an admin of the unit, but still be assigned a lower rank in the unit (if desired). We'd still like to provide some more customization options to how the unit ranks/titles/hierarchy is displayed on the unit profile page, but there are some other aspects of the Arma Units website that we'd like to address first. Besides the change mentioned above, we've also implemented a few general usability tweaks, and we're continuously bug-fixing including issues reported in this thread.

One more, perhaps controversial, change we intend to make soon is changing the Recruitment Status settings. Currently, a unit can be "open" (which means people can insta-join without any application or approval), "private" (you need to send an application that needs to be approved by a unit admin), or "closed" (nobody can join). In the near future, we are planning to remove the current "open" option, which will effectively remove the insta-joining option. As a result, there would only be two options: "Open" (application required) or "Closed" (nobody can join the unit). The reason for this change is that 1) we think having just these two options will be less confusing for the unit admins (as well as for people searching for units via the filters), 2) to avoid units that act more like Facebook Pages and stimulate some basic organization of the unit and its members.

As always, let us know if you run into issues, or if you have any suggestions for how we could improve the existing functionality. Thanks everyone!

• Like 3

but there are some other aspects of the Arma Units website that we'd like to address first.

and as you guys developers pride yourself on communication between player and dev to make

better experience what aspects would you like to adress first?

• Like 1

and as you guys developers pride yourself on communication between player and dev to make

better experience what aspects would you like to adress first?

Thanks for the interest! Aside from some more minor improvements, usability tweaks, and bug fixes, our priority is to change the recruitment settings, followed by the ability to post unit announcements and schedule events. Related to that we we're considering something like a "PLAY NOW" feature (which would work similar to something like a LFG website (e.g. http://www.destinylfg.net/), plus a proper notification and messaging system. The latter cannot be confirmed yet, as we're not completely sure if we have the time and resources to pull it off within the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Sounds reasonable. 1.0

For some reason, the save button is grayed out and I can't make any changes to my unit

Few things, I dont think we are receiving applications. I know that some members in my group have submitted applications but they dont appear under "review applications". It just stays at 0

For a more complete experience it would be great if not only the Titles, but the Ranks and Icons for each rank could be customizable as well, I mean the Icons for each rank with the possibility to upload an image, and also the option to add more ranks if needed. If each Unit admin could edit these settings as needed, it would be a more versatile way to handle the unit, especially the larger ones.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

• Like 1

The Unit feature is totally awesome, but it lacks some things. For example it is not possible to add a working html table into the units biography. I wanted to display our played missions until the very day but sadly it won't save the formatting :(