BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

Suggestion: Could you put the default 'ORDER ON'-selector of the unit browser on 'Largest First'?

Unit size can not be faked, where the creation date can be, and will be.

When people look for units, by default searching for 'Largest First' would make sense.

• Like 1

Hi there,

When I try to save changes I have made to my unit, I get this error:

tm0j3Ho.png

I get the same error when attempting to make a new Unit as well. All fields are filled out appropriately to my knowledge.

I get the same error when attempting to make a new Unit as well. All fields are filled out appropriately to my knowledge.

Hi,

thank you for the report, we're fixing the issue, let us know it you're still get the error message.

• Like 1

Somewhere around the release of the 2nd stage, my unit I had created soon after the start of the 1st stage disappeared.

Unit name was "public OffTopic" (iirc), with the slug being "pot".

However, the unit's page ( https://units.arma3.com/unit/pot) now produces a "Not found.".

In addition to that, my own units page ( https://units.arma3.com/my-units) broke ("We encountered an error. If the problem persists, please contact us [...]").

Trying to recreate the unit results in "name/slug must be unique", so it seems to still be around somewhere in the database.

--- €dit ---

Small update with 1.62/Apex and the new launcher version released:

The unit does show up in the launcher including its image.

same...

same...

Hi,

the error you were getting was because your unit was suspended for some reason, and there was a bug in the units admin. But I see that the unit was activated again. Do you still get the error message on the My Units page?

• Like 2

Hi,

the error you were getting was because your unit was suspended for some reason, and there was a bug in the units admin. But I see that the unit was activated again. Do you still get the error message on the My Units page?

now it works thx. Probably i forget change pole in Launcher (on current unit in right upper part of unit window)

2EzG1TRfa4g.jpg

one more question:

No squad logo.... It is normal for present time? or i could add squad logo?

one more question:

No squad logo.... It is normal for present time? or i could add squad logo?

Gm2Ks09ewd0.jpg

Hi,

there are still some issues with the squad logos, because the game needs to use PAA files instead of PNGs, so we have to convert the PNGs to PAAs, and depending on the image size/complexity etc. it can fail. We are investigation the issue ;)

• Like 2

Hi,

there are still some issues with the squad logos, because the game needs to use PAA files instead of PNGs, so we have to convert the PNGs to PAAs, and depending on the image size/complexity etc. it can fail. We are investigation the issue ;)

I remember before what game could use JPG (in Arma2) and PAA files by scale size 128x128, 256x128 , etc..... So if i upload new image PAA with scale 512x256 probably game could see it? (for experiment :)

Another one quick question, Squad Logo in Game = Squad Logo in Arma3Units main Logo? (source for ingame Logo meant).

==========

1 try

Try to upload 512x512 Paa file format to Logo at Arma 3 units site:

LoL.. bad try, Arma3unit dont permission for PAA upload files... only PNG)))

===========

2  try

file format PNG with resolution 512 x 512 (compressed) for file size ( less than 300 kb). And.....

Solved!!!!

Are there any plans to increase the Squad Tag size? Currently my unit uses a tag of 13 characters (15th MEU(SOC)), but the limit is 10. We can adjust accordingly if we need to, but tradition dictates I at least ask you guys if it will be changed to, say, 15 characters.

Hi,

Problem solved... 

I dont know it is your work, or my?)))

I change resolution for Logo on Arma3units to 512x512 with PNG format (PAA not aproved for Arma3units upload). And now it work in game by Squad logo

m5BK-fIDF60.jpg

Problem solved... 

I dont know it is your work, or my?)))

I change resolution for Logo on Arma3units to 512x512 with PNG format (PAA not aproved for Arma3units upload). And now it work in game by Squad logo

m5BK-fIDF60.jpg

You should upload a PNG file, we do the conversion for you ;). It probably helped that you changed, the format/uploaded again ;)

• Like 1

You should upload a PNG file, we do the conversion for you ;). It probably helped that you changed, the format/uploaded again ;)

Thank you )

• Like 1

Hi,

Both the unit's and my own unit page seem to work now, thanks for that. :)

However the unit still shows as "suspended" on my profile, but nothing of that kind on its own page.

What effect does this have and what can I do to change that, as there is no further info, e.g. why it would have been suspended?

So i decided to make a unit but ran into an issue where when i fill everything out on the first page i cant continue to the next page why is this?

I have similar problems a few hours ago. if you're putting a whole url address do not, you just have to put the part that will identify your unit. for example, in the direction https://units.arma3.com/unit/akr only should write "AKR" in the box that you have to fill. Hopefully address your problem, it took me enough to discover it lol

Devs,

As a larger King of The Hill host/community (Hostile Takeover) with 20+ server, can we get more servers to add on our Units page? Also, we follow the US Army rank scale, can we assign/create our own rank structure? Since this is sort of replacing squad.xml, can we also have the logo for our Unit appear as a patch on uniforms ingame?

-Warhawk HT

TS--Arma.HostileToc.com -  74.91.125.177

Suggestion: Could you put the default 'ORDER ON'-selector of the unit browser on 'Largest First'?

Unit size can not be faked, where the creation date can be, and will be.

When people look for units, by default searching for 'Largest First' would make sense.

Just to be sure, the 'creation date' is different from the 'unit establishment date'. The creation date is when you create the unit on Arma 3 Units and cannot really be abused to appear first on the page (unit establishment date could indeed have been abused). Hope I understood that correctly! 

Hi!

I couldn't figure out what this system does in game.

If I create a unit, will it sostitute the unite inside the game? If so, do I loose every progress in the multiplayer servers?

I think Bohemia should explain better this implementation, I can't find any documentation (please, link me it if there's any).

I really like the idea of the units system and it is much more transparent as the "old" squad.xml and squad URL system.

But there is one thing that would be really great:

A little system inside the units system to create squads and assign squad leader and members.

• Like 2

A logo png image with alpha channel (transparent) is compatible?

Guys, you have the typo in "Media" tab:

3iCSKIG.jpg

Need to change 854 to 845:

Jgb6OzYhiPw.jpg

and when I try to load 2 images (845x493 (129Kb) and 853x480 (86,8Kb)), I get this glitch and images don't upload:

52cpHHL.png

My unit page got suspended even before I could add my members, and while waiting for feedback I no longer have access to units: http://i.imgur.com/C5NyuNl.png

I did kind of forget about it for a few days when the site was under maintenance 

The unit in question was: https://units.arma3.com/unit/10-24

My unit had came back to being active for a short while and I was able to add some members, but now the unit is suspended again.

I haven't received any feedback so I can't fix whats potentially wrong with it. And I'm sure there are worse units than mine that are active.

Similar to you, my own unit's public page now also shows the suspended text ("This unit was suspended by a moderator.If you are the owner of this unit, please check the My Units page for further instructions.").

But on the "My Units" page, besides a "submit for approval" button, leading to a form asking for name, e-mail and message without any further text, there is no info on why this happened and what to do. The aforementioned "further instructions" are missing.

Hi there,

Would it be possible to add functionality to the 'Search by name' filter to include the unit tag?

My unit is more commonly know by our tag than our full name, and it would be much easier if they could just search for that.

• Like 1

and when I try to load 2 images (845x493 (129Kb) and 853x480 (86,8Kb)), I get this glitch and images don't upload:

I'm having the same problem here. I tried to upload one screenshot though.