BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

hey

if i wants Register my unit i have a forbidden access icon pop 

why?

gcQFq7R.png

same issue as above in firefox. everytime i submit an image regardless of its size/dimensions it just adds it to the growing list here of emblems.

Hi,

the bug should be fixed now, please try again ;) Apologies for the inconvenience. 

hey

if i wants Register my unit i have a forbidden access icon pop 

why?

Hi,

could you send me a PM with screenshot and the url that you received the popup on please, we'll try and resolve the issue asap ;)

Hi,

could you send me a PM with screenshot and the url that you received the popup on please, we'll try and resolve the issue asap ;)

its works now, i was sleeping  ^_^

• Like 1

I have been trying to register a unit but keeps coming up slug must be unique ?? what does that mean

• Like 1

Hello, at the end of registering of my unit the message "slug muste be unique" appear, i don't know what i'm supposed to do !

I was trying to register a new unit tonight, and I think it wants me to log in on the site. But instead of the login dropdown I just get an empty dialog:

https://i.imgur.com/Lprg5nH.png

Hi fireball,

yeah you need to be logged in, but it seems that the login form isn't showing for you. Please send me a PM with the browser/version and if you're using any browser extension that might block javascript etc.

• Like 1

Hey I hope this is the correct place to write this but I should be.

I saw that in the Dev-Branch/Sneak-preview in the top right corner of the Main menu there was a button for A3 Units leading you on the A3 Units page, I think A3 Units is a good idea but it has much more potential, for now I was thinking about somehow connect the Unit Picture to be used as a Squad-Xml and depending on your squad-xml it will be shown in the top right.

Please tell me what you think about it and if that is feasible.

Retch

• Like 1

For some strange reason it keeps replacing apostrophes with "'".

maybe also a character increase for the unit names, and more date of establishment options.

Unable to change resoulution in YouTube videas on specific "Unit page"...

When clicking the resolution wheel in the embedded YouTube video the "display window" changes to the next video/ screenshot.

Thx

Bat idea to restrict both resolutions and sizes btw... BAAAAD idea.... :( Takes forever to photoshop/ fixing your photos. What does the resolution really matter? I mean some of your best old screenshots might not even be in HD and that makes them Low-HD when enlarging.

Bad idea. Please remove this restriction? :) 

:wub:  :ph34r:

It's been a good while since the Foundation Release of Arma 3 Units, but we've finally deployed 'Stage Two' of our Arma 3 Units roadmap: Unit Membership and Roles via Bohemia Accounts!

It took us a bit longer than expected, due to other projects/priorities that came up over the past few months. Nonetheless, today's update of the Arma 3 Units website marks an important step forward, and opens the door to potential other features in the future.

As a regular user, you can now join or apply for a unit with your Bohemia Account. On the other side of the fence, Unit Leaders (and their Executive Officers) can manage their unit members by assigning roles, ranks and titles, and invite (or block) users via their Bohemia Account username.

In addition, with the release of Arma 3 Apex (or shortly thereafter), people who have their Bohemia Account and Steam account connected, and make use of the Arma 3 Units service, will soon(â„¢) be able to enjoy some modest in-game integration of Arma 3 Units. For the most part, this means you’ll be able to display your unit’s clan tag and logo on your in-game player profile (formerly handled via squad.xml â€“ which will still be supported for those using it).

Stage Three for Arma 3 Units consists of the ability to schedule unit events and/or quick play sessions (and potentially some associated functionality such as a proper notification and direct-messaging system). However, before we get there, we’d first like to ask all users for feedback on our ‘Stage Two Release’. Although we welcome suggestions for new/expanded features, we’re currently mostly looking for bugs and suggestions for improving the user experience of the current functionality.

To provide feedback, feel free to use this forum thread, and although we may not be able to respond to everything, please know that everything here will be read and considered. We thank you for your support!

• Like 15

Ha that's why the page was offline last night :-) great work!

Send with mobile

Nice work guys looking forward to the simplification of squad XML.

Two issues so far.

1 I cannot change my own rank as owner

2. Servers reporting cannot be reached (Arma 3 and Launcher sees them fine)

• Like 1

Nice work guys looking forward to the simplification of squad XML.

Two issues so far.

1 I cannot change my own rank as owner

2. Servers reporting cannot be reached (Arma 3 and Launcher sees them fine)

Thanks! Can you tell us the name of the unit? We'll look into the issue with the servers (EDIT: servers should work now).

With regards to changing the rank, you can indeed not change (which would mean lower/demote) the rank of an Owner/Unit Leader, which is set to the highest rank in a unit (rank 7). This was done by design. If you do want to change it, you first need to 'Transfer Ownership' to another unit member, and then they can lower your rank if desired. Hope that makes sense!

• Like 2

one xml tag for all players in unit or owner of unit can set custom(private) for each player?

• Like 1

one xml tag for all players in unit or owner of unit can set custom(private) for each player?

The new system will not really use .xml files anymore (it pulls the clan tag/icon directly from the Units database), but it would indeed be one and the same clan tag for all members in a unit. If you do want it customized per member, you will still be able to use the current squad.xml system in-game. Please note that the Units in-game integration is currently scheduled for the Apex release (Update 1.62), but might still be postponed until a later update.

• Like 2

I like the update and the linking of Steam to BI Accounts!

I would just like to know how the plans are going, if any for a public API? We built our own platform that automatically manages Squad XML, sign on with steam, slack integration and will soon have TeamSpeak server group integration, skills management and Google Calendar integration among other things and so I would like to have it also manage the Units page to synchronize members and ranks in order to reduce management overhead.

• Like 1

Thanks! Can you tell us the name of the unit? We'll look into the issue with the servers (EDIT: servers should work now).

With regards to changing the rank, you can indeed not change (which would mean lower/demote) the rank of an Owner/Unit Leader, which is set to the highest rank in a unit (rank 7). This was done by design. If you do want to change it, you first need to 'Transfer Ownership' to another unit member, and then they can lower your rank if desired. Hope that makes sense!

Servers look fixed. Oh ok now I understand the rank thing. 

With this replacement of Squad XML does this mean we are going to get Clan_Text working too I've never seen it.  TBH the whole Insignia stated here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia  seems unfinished. I've never seen clan_text or insignia's work of any vanilla vehicle. 

• Like 2

An option that is missing in my opinion is to create your own ranks, or at least be able to create/modify the structure yourself. Right now, we have to assign everyone on the page a 'rank' with a FIXED title (being enlisted, officer, exec officer or owner). My unit (and many others) use a different (or more elaborate) rank structure (private - private first class - corporal - sergeant - staff sergeant - lieutenant) which we think is more appropriate for an infantry unit.

r0gJlJN.png

This doesn't make sense; the icons are mostly wrong, owner is FORCED highest rank, the 'names' are FORCED.

I suggest to allow the following:

- Being able to choose the amount of ranks.

- Being able to change the 'name' of ranks.

- Being able change the 'icon' for each rank (from a given list).

I presume that the ranks will translate to your in-game 'rank' when you join servers, but in that case we should still be able to set the 'owner', or 'exec officers' to for instance 'RANK 4' (because that is lieutenant in-game, and that is the highest rank we use).

If none of this will ever be changed, please let me/us know, because then we'll sadly enough have to change our rank structure..

Obviously I can translate some of our ranks to the set ranks:

private- rank 1

private first class - rank 1

corporal - rank 2

sergeant - rank 3

staff sergeant - rank 3

lieutenant - rank 4

But in that case, it should be allowed to set the 'owner' to any rank, same goes for 'exec officers'.

A lot of people, due to the extreme unrealistic-ness of, do not wish to use the colonel rank, because we simulate an infantry platoon.

EDIT:

"But in that case, it should be allowed to set the 'owner' to any rank, same goes for 'exec officers'."

I really think this should be possible. I own my gaming community, but I am not the most active as a player (resulting in not-the-highest-rank). Though because I am administrator, and because not everyone who is high ranked can per se be trusted, I would like to stay owner of the units page, while having a lower rank.

• Like 3

An option that is missing in my opinion is to create your own ranks, or at least be able to create/modify the structure yourself. Right now, we have to assign everyone on the page a 'rank' with a FIXED title (being enlisted, officer, exec officer or owner). My unit (and many others) use a different (or more elaborate) rank structure (private - private first class - corporal - sergeant - staff sergeant - lieutenant) which we think is more appropriate for an infantry unit....

Thank you for your feedback, there are some reasons why it was designed like this, but we'll definitely take your notes into consideration. Just to be sure, you are currently able to change the Rank Titles. The ones listed there are the default names, but when you are in the 'Manage Members' window, 'Rank Title' is actually text field that you can edit. Hope that helps a little bit.

Servers look fixed. Oh ok now I understand the rank thing. 

With this replacement of Squad XML does this mean we are going to get Clan_Text working too I've never seen it.  TBH the whole Insignia stated here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia  seems unfinished. I've never seen clan_text or insignia's work of any vanilla vehicle. 

Just to make sure it doesn't get confused, the squad.xml method will still work, but some of its primary features (displaying clan tag/logo for a user) should be covered by the Arma 3 Units in-game integration. I'm not sure what you mean by 'clan_text', but I have seen unit logos on vehicles. Hope I understood that correctly :-)

I like the update and the linking of Steam to BI Accounts!

I would just like to know how the plans are going, if any for a public API? We built our own platform that automatically manages Squad XML, sign on with steam, slack integration and will soon have TeamSpeak server group integration, skills management and Google Calendar integration among other things and so I would like to have it also manage the Units page to synchronize members and ranks in order to reduce management overhead.

Hi,

thank you for your interest. Although we can not promise anything, we are looking into having some for of a public API for unit management. In the near future we will be focusing on bringing the new features on the website/game to the community first.